main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Into the Unknown (AUTHOR QUESTION POSTED - Possible sequel?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    It's been several hours Melly....are you feeling okay? I'm worried about your health. ;) This is what happens when you spoil your readers.

2. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Most women would love a guy like Jag. I sure would. :)

3. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Nice try, Freyja. Seriously, though, I'm also beta-reading for Eldritch009 and for a guy at the archive, so I decided to take today to get caught up on that. Of course, I didn't get caught up, but I'll probably be able to get something up here tomorrow.

:D

4. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    please, please, PLEASE can we not start the Jag-swooning in here?

And post more soon!

5. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I think I'm going to go back through OP+J and determine how many times readers made the comment that they want a guy like Jag. Any guesses?

6. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    *runs in panting* Okay, I'm finally here... whew! Love it so far, Mel! All the mush is (of course) wonderful, and your plot so far is excellent. Can't wait for more!

As for the Jag remarks, it'll be more than you can count. :D *sigh* I wish I had a guy like Jag.

7. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I agree, more than you can count.

If only Jag were real. :(

8. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Freyja, it turns out that you should have been worried about my health. *sniffle* Mel has a cold...

However, that means that I worked on this instead of going outside a lot. (This also means that I'll probably get the next post for TEV ready to go tonight. Happy, Sticks? ;) )

Anyway, here you go!

*~*~*~*

"Doesn't this remind you of Adumar?" Jaina asked as she entered the bridge.

Jag turned around and stared at her hard. "Why should this remind me of that horrible mission?"

"Oh, I don't know. The two of us are being paired off for a mission because we 'work so well together'," she replied.

He shook his head. "As long as no one tries to kill us while we're on Nirauan, I'll settle for that number of similarities between the missions." He smiled slightly. "Besides, I don't think you appreciated that drunk thug hitting on you and calling you 'blue eyes'."

"I don't want to pick up another nickname, but it would be great if we could find another pilot like Vyvian for Rogue Squadron," Jaina countered. "Speaking of Rogue Squadron, what were you doing on the roof of the headquarters last night anyway?"

"I'm surprised you didn't ask that last night, but I suppose you were just happy to see your hero coming to save you," he replied.

"You weren't there to save me," she replied, walking over and taking a seat in his lap. As she draped an arm around his neck and laid her other hand on his chest, she whispered, "You were there to hold me till the storm passed over."

"I did a little more than hold you," he replied as he put his arms around her. Instead of letting her answer, he kissed her, apparently forgetting about time.

Jaina finally had to pull away from him. "Jag, this may not be the right time to ask, but does your father know about..." Her voice trailed off.

"About what?"

"About us," she finished.

"Is there something he needs to know?" Jag asked, obviously confused. "It's not like we've slept together or anything."

Jaina abruptly stood up. "Jag, there's more to a relationship than sex. I thought you knew that. The point is that you and I have been dating for two years now, despite the war. I think your parents need to know that."

He stood up. "I think they know by now," he began.

"Have you told them?" Jaina shot back.

"Jaina," he replied, his voice noticably softer, "my mother was there when we started down this path. She knows. And my parents trust me to make my own decisions. I think you're worried that they'll try to interfere. They won't. If anything, they'll be more like Uncle Wedge and try to speed things along."

The mention of Wedge and his antics brought a smile to Jaina's lips. "I'm sorry, Jag. I just get a little frustrated with you on occasion. It doesn't help matters that you can always tunnel your way out."

Caution still lingering in his mind, he stepped closer to her and put his arms around her waist again. "It's genetic, I promise."

Jaina put her hands on his face and pulled him into another long kiss.

*~*~*~*

Yes, I know, I'm a hopeless romantic. But that's what you love about me.

9. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    :[face_sigh]: Sweet. :)

Sorry about your cold Mely. :(

10. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Nice post. And you should get well, provided it doesnt slow your posting (of course). :D

11. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Ooooh, I loved it. It was funny, too. :D

12. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    The world needs more hopeless romantics! ;)

13. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    So mushy Mely! I LOVE It :D Jaina's a smart girl ;) And Jag's family BETTER approve.... or they'll have ME to answer to ;)

14. JadedofMara

Sep 16, 2001
    yaaaaay! mushmushmushmush! ;) that was a great post...i liked jags little evasion there, in other words...no, he hasnt told his parents-namely, he hasnt told his DAD.

15. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Ahhh!!! Mush!! Yay!! Up this goes--page 4 is just not right!

JediFarfy

16. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Page four? How the heck did I let that happen?

Let's see if this prevents it...

*~*~*~*

"Starcraft, identify yourself and state your purpose."

Jag smiled in obvious relief as he hit the comm button. "This is Colonel Jagged Fel of Spike Squadron, reporting to General Baron Soontir Fel."

Jaina heard a small scuffle over the comm, and a new voice said, "Jagged, you're back earlier than we expected."

Jag stiffened visibly. "Hello, General. I trust everyone is well at home?"

Jaina stared at him curiously. Did he just address his father as General?

The general laughed. "This isn't a code, Jag." Jag relaxed as quickly as he had tensed. "I'm your father. You can talk to me. However, why don't you and our guest from the New Republic just get down here so we can get the pleasantries over with? I think we'll all be more comfortable that way."

Jag's father didn't let him reply. While Jaina raised an eyebrow at this, Jag didn't seem to think twice about it. Does Baron Fel always treat his family like that?

While following the instructions leading the Racing Star into one of the space stations orbiting Nirauan, Jag glanced over at Jaina and smiled. "Don't worry about it, blue eyes," he began, his voice low and soothing. "My father is very warm and open. He just doesn't act that way around the men."

Despite the annoyance caused by the nickname she hated, Jaina smiled back at him. "You mean that he's like you?"

Jag grimaced. "Something like that."

Within a few minutes, Jaina's nervousness was actually noticable to Jag. After the Racing Star touched down within the space station, he reached over and patted her knee affectionately. "Come on, Danae and Jaremye are waiting for us."

A smile tugged at one corner of her mouth, and Jag could tell that she too was remembering the brief time that Jag's mother, brother, and sister had spent aboard the Errant Venture. According to his mother, Danae and Jaremye had talked of nothing but Jag coming home in the week since their father had recalled him. But somehow, Jag suspected that his brother and sister, especially Danae, would be more excited to see Jaina than to see him.

He got to his feet, and Jaina followed suit. He could still see traces of worry in her eyes, so he bent down and kissed her, gently, innocently. "He's a human being, like the rest of us," he whispered. "He just has a...stronger personality than most."

"Kind of like you?" Jaina asked, smiling again.

"Is that going to be another inside joke for us?" he laughed.

"Well, we seem to have jokes about me, but none about you. Don't you think it's time?"

Jag shook his head before kissing her again, this time making her melt into his arms. Pulling away, he rested his forehead on hers and said, "You like strong personalities and you know it."

"Sorry, can't incriminate myself in a court of law."

Laughing, he replied, "Come on, he's just my father. If all else fails, you can endear yourself to the rest of the people on Nirauan. Some people think that's easier."

*~*~*~*

Countdown to Fel family reunion: 1 post!

(That post is for Becca, who's having her teeth drilled as I type this. Hope this and the next post make up for it!)

17. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    They're so cute. [face_love]

18. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    That was nice work! I can't wait to see the next post! :)

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent post.

Hope everything went well, Becca.

20. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah, it was ok, except for the awful numb feeling.

21. JadedofMara

Sep 16, 2001
    OH poor Becca..i had to get that done and i hated it...but i know what would make her fell better...a post! Dont you agree with me, Mely? ;) :D

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Yeah, right...

If you're just dying, I'm working on it as we speak. I don't promise it will be up tonight, but I can promise that there will be a new post up by tomorrow afternoon, despite the two tests I have tomorrow.

23. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, good luck on your tests.
    I gotta go tonight, so it makes little difference to me (Its fast approaching midnight and I have a big test tomorrow too)

24. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    And here we have the long-awaited appearance of Baron Fel! Will he approve of Jaina? Will he kick his son out of the house? The world may never know...

*~*~*~*

General Fel stood at the top of the staircase that led down into the landing bay aboard the Sky of Fire, the newest of a dozen space stations that had begun orbiting Nirauan in the last year. The general smiled as he saw his son descend the ramp of the New Republic shuttle, and the smile did not fade as he observed the young woman with him. Even from a distance, he could tell that she was a major in Rogue Squadron and a Jedi. That could mean only one thing.

The New Republic's ambassador was Han and Leia Solo's daughter.

I hope she inherited the diplomatic gene from her mother and not her father.

Fel turned to his wife, who was standing just behind him, flanked by their youngest children, nine-year-old Danae and seven-year-old Jaremye. "Dear, didn't you meet a young woman from Rogue Squadron when you and the children visited Wedge two years ago?" he asked.

"Yes," she replied, stepping to his side. "In fact, unless my memory fails me, I met the daughter of Han and Leia Solo. Why?"

He gestured to Jag and the guest. "Is that the woman you met?"

Syal followed his indication. "Why, yes, that is Jaina Solo. Quite a remarkable young woman, if for no other reason than for getting our son out of the cockpit."

He stared at her suddenly. "What do you mean, get him out of the cockpit?"

Syal broke eye contact and looked back to her son. "The same way I got you out of the cockpit."

"Do you mean to tell me that there's some kind of relationship going on between the two of them and it's taken me two years to find out about it?"

"Well, I wasn't going to divulge anything," she replied, immediately assuming the defensive position. "I figured that your son would inform you of anything that needed to be known. Since I haven't heard anything about a... relationship since then, and you obviously haven't either, I decided that they were remaining friends." She took a deep breath. "I don't know what her presence here means. It could be chance that the New Republic chose her as their ambassador, but somehow, I think I see my little brother's hand in this. He's gotten soft in his old age and is becoming something of a matchmaker."

"Well," Fel replied, "when we visit the New Republic, we may have to return the favor with his daughters."

"Not for a while yet, my dear," she laughed. "The girls are still a little young. Now, in a few years, I might help."

In a few moments, Jag and the Jedi were climbing the stairs, laughing about something. Fel noticed that he was carrying all her luggage, along with his own. Where did my son get the idea that a woman can't carry her own belongings? This girl really has changed him.

Arriving on at the top of the stairs, Jag set the bags down and saluted sharply. "Colonel Jagged Fel reporting for duty, sir."

Despite the rigid formality the general tried to maintain around his men, the older man found it impossible to keep a smile off his lips as he returned the salute. "At ease," he replied. His son stepped away from his companion and embraced his father first, then his mother, and then two excited children. The general glanced at the Jedi, who looked a little nervous, and addressed his son. "Jag, you're neglecting the New Republic's ambassador."

He stood abruptly. "My apologies. Father, this is Major Jaina Solo, two flight lead of Rogue Squadron. Jaina, my father, General Baron Soontir Fel."

The young major saluted him. He returned the salute and offered her his hand. "Welcome to Nirauan, Major."

"It's my pleasure to be here, sir," she replied, shaking his hand.

"I understand you met my wife and other children two years ago," he continued.

"Yes, I did, while the colonel was acting as my bodyguard."

Before he could reply, his wife stepped forward and said, "It's so lovely to see you again, Jaina."

When the young major smiled, Soontir

25. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Yay!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.