main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Into the Unknown (AUTHOR QUESTION POSTED - Possible sequel?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    ROTFLMAO! I did that to my older brother and sisters a few times....

2. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I think it's worse when the siblings are closer to your age though, I have one older brother, four years older. One time, my mom told my brother to vacuum, but he didn't want to, and I was lying in the floor, in front of the television (with my calf length hair fanned around my head). Well, before I knew it, my hair was being eaten by the vaccum cleaner. I looked up with tears in my eyes (because it hurt like a mofo) at my brothers feral grin. Boy, did he ever get it. That made it all better!!
    [face_devil]

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Ok, your brother is just plain mean.

4. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Ohhhhh, that's so evil!

5. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Hope no one gets ideas from that! It really hurts, and besides, do you know how long it took me to grow my hair that long!

6. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Yikes, js2k1! My scalp hurts just thinking about it. :(

7. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Not to be insensitive to js2k1, but could we stop this vein of conversation? It's making my head hurt.

Anyway, there will be a post within the next twenty-four hours. It's almost done, but I'm letting Darth Social Life interfere. :D

8. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Darth Social Life, huh? I've never met him.

9. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Darth Social Life? But hes OPTIONAL...in other words...he doesnt count! (You HAVE a LIFE mely? The way you post i wasnt sure... :D :p )

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    yeah, I know I have no social life, but somehow Mel made me think she didnt either.

11. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, the discussion of the shocking fact that YES, I HAVE A LIFE may now stop.

Here is the reason why:

*~*~*~*

Jag had known from the moment Jaina had appeared at the door that her presence in his room would mean nothing but trouble. He remembered that Danae, at five, had been bad about not knocking on the door before entering, but he figured that four years would have cured that habit. He was completely wrong.

He gently pulled away from Jaina after his sister's entrance. She was already a deep shade of red, which amused Jag. She's the Jedi, but I'm the one who never gets embarrassed. Well, almost never. He turned to the girl at the door, whose face expressed horrified curiousity. "What does it look like, Danae?"

After a visible internal debate, she said, "Jag, Mom wants you to know that dinner will be ready in a few minutes."

Jaina rose and left without a word. Danae remained at the door and stared at Jag. After a moment's silence, he said, "Danae, come here."

She walked up to him in obvious trepidation. "Are you mad at me, Jag?" she asked timidly.

When she was close enough, Jag wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her onto his lap. "No, I'm not mad at you, though I had hoped that you'd broken that nasty habit of not knocking."

She giggled. "Mom and Dad hate that."

"Well, there's good reason for that," he replied, smiling. "You shouldn't barge in on people."

She looked down for a moment before asking, "So what were you doing?"

"I was kissing my girlfriend, Danae," he answered, completely unembarrassed by the nine-year-old's question. Seeing her grin, he continued, "Yes, my girlfriend. She and I have been dating for two years now."

Danae looked thoughtful for a moment. "Are you going to marry her?"

"That's not a question I have an answer for, and not one that I'm going to discuss with a nosy nine-year-old," he replied, gently pushing her off his lap. "Come on, let's go to dinner."

As they walked to the door, Jag said, "You're not to breathe a word of this to anyone, by the way."

"Why not?" she asked, a very serious look on her face.

Jag rolled his eyes. Why was it that I told Jaina once that I want children?

-------

When Jaina came down to the dining room, the family was already seated around the table. Jag and the general rose as she entered the room, and Syal smiled at her. "Danae would like you to sit next to her," the woman said. She indicated the seat next to her husband at the end of the table. Jaina glanced at Jag, who smiled briefly. Jag was on his father's right, and across from Jaina.

Through most of the meal, Danae talked almost incessantly. Jaina didn't mind, as she liked the girl who reminded the Jedi so much of herself. Once dessert was on the table, she seemed to have run out of things to say, so Jaina tried to turn her attention to the pilot conversation to her left. However, as she was about to say something, she heard the girl call her name.

Showing a patience she didn't necessarily feel, she turned to Danae and answered, "What is it, Danae?"

Danae asked quietly, "Why isn't Jag married yet?"

The frankness of the question surprised Jaina. "Why don't you ask him?" she asked in return.

Jaina turned back to the dessert before her, and she heard Danae say, "Jag, Jaina told me to ask you why you're not married yet."

In the silence that suddenly fell, Jaina's fork dropped to the plate with a resounding clatter. She felt heat rising up in her cheeks as she met Jag's amused stare. "Why, Jaina," he began, "I didn't know you were so interested in my personal life."

Jaina gingerly lifted the fallen fork, as if the metal were hot. "Jag," she answered cautiously, "your sister may not know all the stories about angering Jedi, but you do."

Jag was obviously surprised by the sternness in her tone. "Jaina," he replied, his voice almost apologetic, "I heard Danae ask you. It was a joke."

She smiled suddenly. "I know."

His expression changed from wary surprise to mild outrage.

12. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    See? I told you Mel didn't have a life... oh, wait she told us to stop those comments. :p

Anyways, Great post, liked Jag's explanation to his sister.

13. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Great post. I like Danae. :D

14. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    good job. nice family interaction.

15. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Great posts!

16. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    That was cute. :)

17. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Yay! I just found this. That's how out of it I am. Life sucks.

18. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    You have their banter down great, it reminds me a lot of Han and Leia!!!! (In the early days of course before the NJO ruined their relationship!!!!) ;)

19. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Why, what do I see over here? Why, it's a post! And what a mushy post it is, too...

*~*~*~*

At the end of the day, the major collapsed into a chair in the family room of the Fel house. She looked as if she'd been entirely too hot, clothed in Rogue Squadron's dress uniform with her formal Jedi robe over it, and completely bored for too long.

The general and Jag laughed as they walked in the room behind her. "I would have thought a Solo would be used to the ridiculous pomp and circumstance of politics," the general noted in his rich baritone voice.

"Just because I'm used to it doesn't mean I enjoy it," she replied. She sat up and began massaging the base of her neck. "I don't think I've stood at attention for so long in my life."

The baron watched as his son walked up behind the Jedi and placed his big hands on her neck. She moved her own hands away and touched his arm briefly. "Thank you, Jag," she said quietly as he began to massage her neck and shoulders.

Soontir decided it was best to leave them alone. He walked into the kitchen where his wife was preparing the evening meal. She didn't notice his entrance, so he walked up behind her softly and wrapped his arm around her slender waist. He found it amazing that, after five pregnancies, she'd still kept the figure that had made her famous as an actress.

"Hello, love," Syal greeted. "I take it our guest is still alive after that ridiculous ceremony you and the government put her through."

"She will be shortly," he replied. "Your son is breathing life into her again."

She abruptly pulled away from him and turned around. "I beg your pardon?"

"Don't worry, he's just giving her a shoulder rub."

"No, you called him 'my son'," she retorted. "If I remember correctly, that was the kind of thing you did with me."

"Like father, like son, I suppose," he replied, embracing her again. This time she put her arms around his neck. She touched her lips to his briefly and said, "I missed you, Soontir."

He smiled at this daily remark. "I missed you too, dearest." He returned her kiss, much more warmly.

They stood there for a while in each other's arms, enjoying the silence. After a long time, Syal finally spoke. "My love, I suppose we should come to some kind of agreement about Jaina."

The baron rested his forehead on hers. "I think we have to leave this in their hands, now, Syal. I can tell that he loves her very much, but we have to let them come to an understanding. When the time comes, we can tell them that we would be overjoyed to have her in the family."

Syal raised an eyebrow. "You would?"

He laughed softly. "I know, I've known her for less than two days. That doesn't matter. She's right for him. I've never seen my son as happy as he is when he sees her. While I can't speak for her feelings on him, I think he would make her very happy."

His wife smiled. "Wedge and I hoped you would see things that way."

"So you and your brother have been plotting against me?"

"No," she replied, "we decided that two years ago. I thought that maybe their relationship had become platonic, but last night convinced me otherwise."

"They do act like a married couple, don't they?" he commented.

"That they do," she replied. "They're a little like we were."

"More than a little, my love," he answered, kissing her nose. "More than a little."

*~*~*~*

Bet you weren't expecting that kind of mush...

:D

EDITS: Typos.

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Perhaps I wasn't expecting it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good post.

21. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
  22. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awww parental mush! So cute Mely!!!

23. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Unexpected but certainly interesting. Good writing, as usual!

24. rouge-reblekid

rouge-reblekid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2001

25. rouge-reblekid

rouge-reblekid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.