main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Into the Unknown (AUTHOR QUESTION POSTED - Possible sequel?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Good Lord. And womp_rat208 once said my style was too different from Mel's for a collaboration... *shakes head*

2. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Up! (this was on page 3, people. Can't let that happen!)

3. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks, everyone.

My life has gone haywire in the last couple of days, and promises to remain that way for the rest of the week. It is extremely unlikely that I'll get anything up here today, but I will try to get something up tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience!
    Mel

4. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Mel, since mine isn't any better, I'll forgive you. :p

5. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Wow...three of my favorite fanfics all in a row...this is making poor sick me very happy!

BUt anyway, I got to Ruins of Love before i read this, and I was going to say that a kid in danger isn't really that evil...if you want evil, read Ishy!!! I am really looking forward to that story...and more of this one too!

6. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Please post. :(

7. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Up! Page 5 is not good... I think I need to start an Upping brigade for all active fanfic threads from pages three through ten. :D

8. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Up again! this thread should not drop like it has!

9. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    um UP!!!
    any idea what page this was on? sheesh, have to dig through so much stuff to find it . . .

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    page 3 or 4 on a 25-topic page when I upped it (middle of page 2 for me with the 50-topic page)

Translation: too low.

11. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
  12. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    And up again.

13. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    And up some more....I'll join the upping brigade, Sticks! To up Eternal Vow, It wasnt a mistake, this fic, Ruins of Love, Shadows of a past long forgotten...wow a lot of fics... so UP!!!!

14. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Up! Okay, JadedofMara, I hereby appoint you a senior officer of the Upping Brigade. Welcome to the group! :D

15. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Where has Mel dissappeared to??

16. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    I'm back from the sticks, Mely, and I need a post!

17. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, I'm still alive.

However, I have been sick for a couple of weeks, and the pace of school and other activities has not been helpful. It looks like my life will slow down considerably next week, so I will have something up soon.

Another thing that we can hope for is that my throat won't get any worse than it is now. It's not good when a voice major gets a sore throat.

Love ya!
    Mel

18. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi, everyone. I managed to write something halfway decent. Thankfully I'm starting to feel better, especially after taking a nap. I think I'm going to keep the pace of this somewhat scaled back so I can continue to recover from whatever this is that I've contracted. Hopefully I'll be back up to daily posting soon...

*~*~*~*

After an hour of traveling into the Freal Valley, Jag was glad to have Jaina along. Every time he thought of his little sister injured in the dangerous territory, he thought back to Kyria. Having Jaina there with him kept him from losing touch with sanity.

He tried to tell himself that the situations were hardly comparable. Kyria had been killed in battle, and Danae was only stranded in the valley and injured. While Kyria's death had been instantaneous, Danae was in a position where she could be helped. That was why he was on his way, to help his little sister.

To keep her from sharing Kyria's fate.

"Jag."

Jaina's quiet voice cut through the dark mists surrounding his thoughts, bringing his attention back to the current situation instead of Kyria's death. He glanced at her as he guided the transport. "What?"

"This isn't Kyria. She's okay."

"I know, Jaina. I'm doing my best not to let this be Kyria again."

The ride was mostly silent, as was the subsequent walk deeper into the valley. Jaina could barely stand to be there as Jag's thoughts turned darker and darker. She knew that she needed to support him, but something primal within her was screaming for her to get away from the dark aura surrounding him. Instead, she gently put her hand in his. He gripped it strongly, as if that human contact was the only thing keeping his grip on reality.

Jaina had given up trying to talk with him. Every word she said seemed to sink him deeper into reflection on his dead sister. Instead of talking, she focused her energies on locating Danae.

The difficulty that she had in finding the child worried her. It was as if she was slipping in and out of consciousness. During the times that she was conscious, she was filled with such obvious fear that Jaina wanted to run in the opposite direction.

But every moment in which Danae was unconscious strengthened her resolve to get to the girl before it was too late.

When they reached the edge of a cliff leading down into the lowest part of the Freal Valley, Jaina inhaled sharply in shock. As the clouds below her parted, she saw that the bottom of the valley was at least five hundred feet below them. Danae was down there. "Jag," Jaina began, "how do we get down there?"

"The same way she did," he replied, pointing to small footprints.

As she followed Jag down the narrow path, she sensed irritation creeping in to Jag. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"When we find her, I'm never letting her go. Then I'm going to make sure she's grounded till she's thirty."

*~*~*~*

:D

19. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Great postie. Been far too long. ;) Great discriptions. Liked that last line too. ;)

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Wonderful post. I loved that last line too.

"When we find her, I'm never letting her go. Then I'm going to make sure she's grounded till she's thirty."

That may be one of Mel's best.

21. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yes, wonderful post.

22. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Jag's getting all big brotherly on her! Cute! POST MORE!!!

23. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Great post! Get well soon, Mel.

24. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Great post Mely...take lot's of naps. :)

25. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Eeeeeee!!! Good post! Especially the last line-- another Melyanna classic. Very nice. Get well soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.