main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Into the Unknown (revised and reposted Jaina/Jag, sequel to Of Pilots and Jedi) *gasp* Updated 11/2!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Melyanna, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    A couple months ago, I posted at the end of this story's original posting that I was thinking about writing a sequel to this. The response I got encouraged me to write it, but almost as soon as I started working on Till the Storm Passes Over, I realized that what needed to be done was a full rewrite of this story. So, I've begun what's likely to be a lengthy process, but hopefully not as lengthy as say, the original writing of it. ;)

Those of you who read this story before will find many things changed. The basic plot is the same, but I've totally revamped many of the particulars.

Those of you who haven't read this story before, welcome aboard. I'm always happy to see new victims- er, faces. :)

If you haven't read Of Pilots and Jedi, you might want to. It's relatively short and essentially fluff, but it does set up the AU environment of this story. But, if you don't want to read it, here's what you need to know: this was written in a non-SbS environment, so Jaina never turned to the dark side, Jacen never got lost, and Anakin never died. The Vong war has just recently ended, and the galaxy is trying to return to normalcy.

Anyway, without further ado, Into the Unknown.

*~*~*~*

PART ONE

Secondary Objectives

*~*~*~*

Jaina Solo woke up right as Kyp Durron was about to kiss her.

Her heart was pounding so hard that she was sure that was what had woken her from the nightmare. Jaina sat up slowly, wishing that she'd forget this dream if she just didn't think about it. But that smug look on Kyp?s face just wouldn't go away, try as she might to forget it.

"Jaina, are you okay?"

The voice of the room's other occupant startled Jaina. It was her roommate and wingman, Vyvian Remal. Jaina hadn't expected to wake her, and so she threw her an apologetic look. "Sorry, Vyv," she said. "I just had a really weird dream. That's all."

"Where are you going?" the Adumarian asked.

"For a walk. I've got to get this dream out of my head," the older pilot replied.

Jaina left before Vyvian could reply. She headed straight to the one place in Rogue Squadron Headquarters where she knew she would be alone, the flat roof of the building. The problem was that someone was already on the roof when she got up there.

This person's presence, however, was welcome. "Jag," she breathed in relief.

"That's Colonel to you, Major," Jag Fel replied, his voice solemn, but his eyes bright with mirth. He crossed the width of the building to join her. "What brings Rogue Squadron's new two flight lead up here at this time of night?"

"Couldn't sleep," Jaina replied, smiling at the mention of her recent promotion.

Jag raised an eyebrow. "Too much partying?"

"Bad dream." The Jedi shuddered. "Anyway, it's over now."

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

"Absolutely not," she answered.

"Good," he said, kissing her cheek. "Because we have better things to talk about."

"Yeah, like why you're here."

Jag took her hand, and they began to walk toward the other end of the roof, where they could see the spaceport which housed Rogue Squadron's X-wings. "My father has recalled me," he said. "He wants a report on the rebuilding effort."

Jaina nodded. Since the end of the Vong war, the military had been turned toward civilian duties, helping rebuild worlds that had been so badly damaged by galactic invaders. Jag and Jaina had rarely been assigned to the same planet, as the Chiss had more often than not been sent to planets where the dominant species was not human. Moments like this had been rare and precious, but it seemed that their absence from one another had served only to increase their attachment to each other. Separation from loved ones was something they had learned to accept during the course of the war, and Jaina knew that this latest separation wouldn't be forever.

"How long will you be gone?" she asked.

Jag shook his head. "I have no idea. I got the impression that this wasn't

2. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **runs in with portable electrical socket**

Awesome that you're reposting, Mely!!! I loved this story :) Except that whole Kyp thing....*****shudder***** :p I like Kyp, just not when he's going after Jaina ;) Once again, this shows how you are one of the best authoresses around ;)

Now, do you mind? Could I please put a plug here?

[plug}

Please go read my new story- the link's in my sig!!!!

[/plug]

Sorry about that plug, Mely!

**runs back out of thread with portable electrical socket**

EDIT: Oh my God, I just remembered- ItU was the VERY first story I ever replied/posted to! **huggles Mely** I feel so nostalgic, like Snugglies there :)

3. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Wow! Cool, but now I have to go reread the original so I can give decent replies :p

4. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    [bad imitation of Field of Dreams] If you repost it, they will come...

Sorry, had the shot, had to take it ;). Anyway, despite your protests to the contrary, I thought Part I of ItU was very well written, but based on the first scene, it should just be even more so now :).

Great way to introduce the main characters, good bit of humor there at the end, and, of course, awesome mushiness :D.

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Mel - I am glad I am finally getting to read this. Ever since you said you were posting it I have been scanning the boards. So my initial thoughts are from Tony the Tiger - Great!

"Good to see you too." Their eyes met, and Jaina turned upward for another kiss, this time longer and warmer. It sent chills through her body as Jag wrapped his arms around her, but it was a feeling she loved. When he finally broke the kiss, still holding her tightly, she smiled. "Very good to see you."

He smiled slightly. "I think I could live with that kind of greeting more often."

She shook her head, smiling. "When do we leave?"

He gave her a mock glare. "Why is it that you always have to spoil the moment with your pragmatism?"

Jag is one to speak on being pragmatic, but men will be men and can't help themselves around a pretty girl. Their hands and lips seem to take over. :D For this reason I found that part extremely funny and so in character for both. You know Jaina always cutting to the power cable.

Jaina placed her hand over his mouth. "Don't even think about it."

"What?"

"I have to get ready to go, and that involves getting at least another hour of sleep." She extracted herself from his arms. "Sorry."

Jag grabbed her hand. "I could order you to stay, you know."

"I could get out my lightsaber."

"Point taken," he laughed, kissing her cheek.

Ah the lightsaber. At least Jag appreciates the hierarchy of their relationship and who is actually the commanding officer. *snicker, snicker*

Fun post; I look forward to more! Especially going to the Unknown Regions. I absolutely love Soontir and Syal so this is soooo exciting for me.

6. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    aww this is cute! [face_love]

Can't wait for more!

EJ

7. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! You're reposting this! I'm loving it all over again, Mely!

Awesomeness! Can't wait for more!

*LtJS*

8. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Whee, here we go again. Lovely to be reading this again Mel, looking forward to the changes ;)

9. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I think... yes, I do believe this would be appropriate - *cue: Imperial March*

Sorry, had to. ;)

Ahhh, nostalgia... I made my first JC post in the original ItU thread. But hey, now I get to read from the beginning! ;) I look forward to seeing what changes you have in store for us, and of course, I'm just happy to be reading this wonderful story again. :D

*fastens her seatbelt*

10. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Oooo. I likeie!!! :D Can't wait for more.

11. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oooo! Oooo! Mely, you're resposting this story! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!! :D [face_love] :D [face_love]

Oh, definately have to give this link to my padawan. More soon!!!

12. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Whoa...I should probably come here more often, eh?

Yeah, yeah, okay, so I'm not the world's biggest NJO fan, but I'll make exceptions for certain author friends of mine...after all, I liked J/J when Allston wrote 'em :D

-Tim

13. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    **blows nose**

Whoops, I shouldn't do that, I just had a nosebleed :p

It's just so amazing...ItU was also the first story I ever posted on...**is nostalgic**

**goes back to writing post for my story**

Hey, has anyone seen Lt_Jaina_Solo? She's my beta and she's kinda missing... :p

**grumbles at post and revises it again**

14. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    S-o-L:

Awesome that you're reposting, Mely!!! I loved this story Except that whole Kyp thing....*****shudder***** I like Kyp, just not when he's going after Jaina Once again, this shows how you are one of the best authoresses around

*blushes* Aww, thanks! We're going to have a lot of fun this time around. :)

Shinar:

Wow! Cool, but now I have to go reread the original so I can give decent replies

Nah, no need to do that. ;)

JAS:

Anyway, despite your protests to the contrary, I thought Part I of ItU was very well written, but based on the first scene, it should just be even more so now.

You guys are really bad for my ego. :p

Keira:

Mel - I am glad I am finally getting to read this. Ever since you said you were posting it I have been scanning the boards. So my initial thoughts are from Tony the Tiger - Great!

I'm glad to have you around too! I'm still getting around to Echoes, though. :p

Jag is one to speak on being pragmatic, but men will be men and can't help themselves around a pretty girl. Their hands and lips seem to take over.

:D I found it kind of ironic myself as I was writing it. ;)

For this reason I found that part extremely funny and so in character for both. You know Jaina always cutting to the power cable.

Yeah, Jaina has no subtlety. :p

Ah the lightsaber. At least Jag appreciates the hierarchy of their relationship and who is actually the commanding officer. *snicker, snicker*

*snickers along with Keira*

Fun post; I look forward to more! Especially going to the Unknown Regions. I absolutely love Soontir and Syal so this is soooo exciting for me.

Thanks! Hope I don't disappoint! :)

Eowyn:

Hi! Do I remember you from the original posting? (It's been nearly a year, and I can't remember everyone. :p)

Lt. Jaina:

*blushes* Okay, we may have to get ArnaKyle in here with her "Don't feed the ego" sign. ;)

Mara:

Might even work Jalen into the story a little earlier. ;)

Fluffychiquita:

Yes, the Imperial March is appropriate! ;)

Ah, the old ItU thread seems to hold such memories for us all...

J&J:

Hold your horses, I have to rewrite the next bit before I can post. ;)

Jedida:

Yay! Glad to see you again! And yes, please, invite all your friends and relations to join the party. :p

Tim:

Glad to see you making an exception. ;)

S-o-L:

*points up* She posted in this thread, sillé. ;)

*~*~*~*

All right, ducking in to say this: I will try to reply to everyone every day (as needed, of course), and posts will be every 3-4 days. Hope to see everyone around for the next post! :)

Mel

15. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    *points up* She posted in this thread, sillé.

Well, that was Katherine- I have seven personalities. :p

**goes off to poke at my post and, hopefully, post it**

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I think I remember reading this near the middle to end of the first posting. I'll try to be around for the whole thing this time. :)

17. starwbabe

starwbabe Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    Very cute! I'm not into the whole J/J, I'm more J/K, but this is worth stickin' around for. Can't wait for next post!

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Hold your horses, I have to rewrite the next bit before I can post.
    What can I say, I'm impatient! :p I'm really excited about this!!! I really loved the first vesion but this one looks to be even better!!! :D

19. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    great job mely iloved the original the first jaina and jag story i ever read that was fan fiction was of pilots and jedi i liked it so much i printed it, reaad it rereadit and got in trouble cause i went to the world series softball tournament in florida and thats all i would read and then i came back and read into the unknown i was very pleased with it and i love how u potray jag and jainas relationship its wonderful adn mush is very great (see my signaaaature for some info.)

i love it that ur rewriting it and willalways be a great fan of urs

love lots tiffany

20. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Yes!!! Wohoo! Another story from a master J/J storyteller. :D

I discovered Of Pilots and Jedi and Into the Unknown sometime ago when I was searching for J/J stories, long after you had finished posting them of course. I loved both very much. I'm looking forward to rereading this and seeing what changes you make. :)

21. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Well, this is my first time reading this and it's looks like a really great story!

Thanks J_S for recomending this story... wherever you are.

Jez

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    S-o-L: Should I be scared? :p

Liz: Nice to see you around! :)

starwbabe: Aww, thank you! May I ask what brought you into the thread in the first place? I mean, I don't like Obidalas and I never enter them except to index them... :p

J&J: I have two other stories on this board, plus a couple WIPs in a different fandom. Patience is a virtue. ;)

JG15: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the first story so much. :)

jagsredlady: Hi! I'm glad you've decided to join us for the repost. I think we'll all be much happier this time around. ;)

Jez: Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it so far. :)

*~*~*~*

Post sometime tomorrow! :D

Mel

23. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hey, I remember this. This and Pilots and Jedi were some of the first stories I read here. Course didn't have my password so I couldn't reply.
    Repost, :cool:
    *sits down in thread and waits new post.*

24. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    It's baaacckk ;) Excellent start...loved how Jag said he'd order her to stay and she said she'd get her lightsaber. ;)

25. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    Mely: To be scared, or not to be scared? Hmm...

If you want, you can join the already-huge crowd of people who raise their eyebrows at me :p

**Goes off to uselessly try and poke at next post**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.