main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Into the Unknown (revised and reposted Jaina/Jag, sequel to Of Pilots and Jedi) *gasp* Updated 11/2!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Melyanna, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
  2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, first of all, I'm very sorry that I've been neglecting this... some plot bunnies have recently attacked me, on top of real life concerns. I should have dropped in here earlier to explain that. Bad Mely. :p

At any rate, as I'm concentrating now on an original novel, updates here may be touch-and-go. However, as we get deeper into the story, I think we'll find that there will be less for me to write from scratch, which is always a good thing in rewrites.

Thank you for your kind ups, and for your patience! :)

*~*~*~*

Syal Fel was standing in the kitchen, trying to locate a piece of cookware that one of her children had doubtless moved when her husband arrived at home. She just barely heard the door open, or he would have taken her by surprise when he walked up behind her and slipped his arms around her. "Hello, dear," she said, without the least bit of surprise.

Soontir dropped a kiss below her ear and sighed. "Why can't I sneak up on you anymore, love?"

"Because you're getting old," she replied, "and the doors make too much sound."

Syal picked up a large utensil and began to toss the Ithorian greens in the dish on the counter, and Soontir tightened his arms around her. "Not in the kitchen, Soontir," she said, a smile forming on her face. "Isn't Jag supposed to be home for dinner?"

Her husband released her and nodded. He picked up a knife and began chopping some of the vegetables for her. "He should be here in less than half an hour."

"Hopefully sooner than that," Syal replied. "Dinner will be ready in half an hour."

"Isn't that just the right time?"

"Don't you think he'd like to freshen up a bit first?"

Soontir picked up a handful of the chopped vegetable and dumped it into the bowl. "He's bringing someone with him."

"A girl?"

He snorted. "I doubt it. New Republic emissary."

"Stranger things have happened, Soontir," Syal replied, rather surprised by his reaction to the thought of his son having a girlfriend.

"Yeah, Jag dated some flake back when he was seventeen. That didn't end too well," he replied. "I still avoid that girl's father whenever I can."

"I meant a hotshot flyboy like our son finding love and settling down," Syal clarified. "Didn't you once meet a girl who got you to settle down?"

"Once." Soontir leaned over and kissed the tip of her nose. "I love you."

Syal smiled. "You should get ready for dinner."

"Yes, Admiral." With a mock salute, he left the kitchen as quietly as he had arrived.

Syal looked over her shoulder and watched him leave. He was incorrigible, she decided. The nerve of him, thinking that their son wasn't capable of finding a decent girl! Still, judging from Jag's track record while he was on Nirauan, that wasn't the worst assumption to make. There was a dreadful tendency on her son's part to pick women who were, as Soontir had put it, flakes. They were always gorgeous, she reflected as she brought food from the kitchen to the dining room, but there was rarely any substance to them.

Men.

Half an hour and a glass of wine later, Syal was standing in the foyer of their home with her husband and her two children as the door opened. In walked Jag, carrying his luggage and wearing a smile that could have lit the whole system. He didn't seem to know whom to address first, so he was probably most grateful when his sister, Danae, ran forward and hugged him. "Jag!" she cried. "You're home!"

Jag managed to set his luggage down and picked her up and spun her around. "You're getting too big for this," he said, setting her on her feet and looking up at their parents. "Hello, Mother, Father."

He hugged them and Jareyme in turn, though for a moment Syal feared that he was going to salute his father. But then when he had stepped back from them both, a small figure appeared in the open doorway. "Jag?" a woman's low voice asked.

Jag looked over his shoulder abruptly. "Oh, come in," he said, ushering the woman in. "Mother, Father, this is Major Jaina Solo of Rogue Squadron."

The

3. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    ohhhh Melyanna!

You updated! [face_love] Such a joyous day :D

Loved it!

4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    YEah Im WIth

TKL/COMMANDER on that one

that was great and

to qote the COMMANDER HERSELF "you updated:such a joyous day!

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Nice mush...I'd feel a little weird sleeping in her room too. Jag's sweet about it though. :)

6. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    *Blinks*

Is this a post?
    Yes it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mush mush muuuushhhhieee. Great new post Mely!The mush was puuuurrrr-fect!

nina

7. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Great post Melyanna

Awwwwwwww, very sweet. [face_love]

8. SoL-of-Winter

SoL-of-Winter Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    Excellent, Mely! :D

9. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!!!!! *tear* that was so sweet! more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more
    ~*SpikeLead*~

10. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    TKL: Thanks! I was glad to get something up again too... :p

JG15: Thanks! :)

Luneykins: Yeah, I think that sleeping in her room would be a bit awkward... but Kyria would have liked Jaina. ;)

Jedi_jainafel: Thanks! Hopefully I'll have more up in a timely manner this time.

Bulldog: Thanks! :D

SoL: Thanks! Er, can I ask why you're posting with a sock? :p

SpikeLead: Thanks! I'll try to get something up soon. ;)

Mel

11. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was great, Mely! Just as good as the first time! :)

12. SoL-of-Winter

SoL-of-Winter Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    You may ask. :p

Ah, well, DRL is being a royal bee-yotch, and I'm on post 2,999 on my regular account. I wanted to save post 3000 for the next post of my story, but as DRL is, as aforementioned, an 'itch, I'm stuck with using a temperamental sock until I find the time and inspiration to finish my next post.

**curtsies to Mely**

:D

13. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    This is great. Are you going to update it on FanFiction.net too?

14. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Awww. [face_love] That was great! :D I think I'm gonna go reread the old one and see how you've changed it so far. ;) Actually I'm just gonna do that because I'm bored and I really liked it so... :p

J&J

15. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    AWWWW! That was great! I cant wait for more. soon [face_hopeful]??? i love j/j and this is so cool.

God bless,
    Jaina

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  17. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    UPPS... this thing hasnt been upped in like a month and a half.. poor mely

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  19. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Just started reading this and can't stop saying awwwwwwwwwww.

20. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
  21. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Not forgotten.

22. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    Nice post!.... glad to see your continuing these stories, and does this mean that you'll also be doing more of the other solo kids (w/ Nadia and Julie)??? Hope so, as i love the entire series.... keep up the good work!

23. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    A good kick UP! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.