main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~Intrigue, power, and deceit~ the Senate~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth-Dispicable, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    Raine walked into the lobby with a bright red face from frustration. "That snivling coward!" Raine shouted throwing her arms up in disgust. "Too afaid to go for a vote about this enlarged army, he just goes and hides after he tells us. Soon he will make the republic a dictatorship, with him at the head."

TAG: Any on in the liberal party

2. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    IC: Toril Vor, Senate Lobby

As Vice Chancellor Vor walked from the Senate floor into the lobby and heard bits of discussions from some of the less supportive Senators,

"I think we should hold a meeting and elect a leader for ourselves. Our party has gone too long without leadership, and I think that it is for this reason that we've been losing foothold in the Senate. What do you say?" He heard Senator Oorna Trantalli state to a group of like minded senators. It was not much of a suprise since most of the Senators did not hide their feelings about the Chancellor, what was suprising was that it was spoken while the Vice Chancellor was present, things where indeed becoming more dire by the day.

Making matters worse he also overheard one of the other Senators, Senator Raine Yubari speaking in an obviously agrivated tone, "That snivling coward! Too afaid to go for a vote about this enlarged army, he just goes and hides after he tells us. Soon he will make the republic a dictatorship, with him at the head." Toril had no intention of sticking around at the moment, hoping that he would not be noticed he attempted to make a quiet exit from the lobby.

TAG: Any Senators in the lobby who feel like arguing

3. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    IC: Spock

Spock walked up to the Vice Chancellor.....

"Hey! your that guy that was standing next to the guy that was talking! His Speech was way too longo! and i had some people i needed to meet with, so i'll give you 100,000 credits to have him beat up!"

TAG: Dispicable

4. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Wave Firaxa

The Selkath senator walked down the halls with his two guards walking by his side. They led him to his office where he threw a datapad with the Chancellors speech across the room.

"Fools the lot of them. If there is ever to be anything useful done within the Senate, then action itself must be taken. I do not know whether or not I should reveal my plans to the other Liberal party members. It might be a good idea to separate from the Liberal party and form my own. I could gain support from the other Liberals and maybe some of the traditionals and then I will separate. Until then, I'll stay quiet about my plans..." He said in his native tounge. He motioned to his guards to leave as he worked diligently at his desk, hoping for no interruptions.

TAG: Anyone

5. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    Raine saw the vice chancelor having a conversation and walked up very quickly. "How can you stand next to that pathetic excuse for a leader without being physicly sick" Raine said very loadly then relising several senators where looking at her she lowered her voice. "And how you can agree with him?"

6. Darth-Dispicable

Mar 4, 2003
    OOC: Wow Wiggins, that is the quick way to a holding cell. [face_devil]

IC: Toril Vor, Senate Lobby

"Hey! your that guy that was standing next to the guy that was talking! His Speech was way too longo! and i had some people i needed to meet with, so i'll give you 100,000 credits to have him beat up!"

Toril sighed as he watched the man approach him spewing forth words that he obviously had not thought through, "You will refer to me from now on as Vice Chancellor Vor, fail to do so again and it will cost you dearly. As for your other comments it would be wise to shut your noise hole, bribery and the threat of violence toward the Chancellor will not be tolerated, next time you will find yourself in a holding cell charged with crimes against the Republic." He held his gaze for a short while to allow his words to sink in, from the corner of his eye he could also see that the guards had heard the comments and where approaching them.

The captain began to reach for the irate senator but Toril stopped him, "Let this blowhard go for now, but keep an eye on him in the future, if he acts up again you can have him arrested." Knowing that the guards would not disobey him he left the matter in their capable hands and again made his way as quickly as possible toward the exit of the lobby, only to again be stopped by a Senator.

"How can you stand next to that pathetic excuse for a leader without being physicly sick" Raine said very loudly then relising several senators where looking at her she lowered her voice. "And how you can agree with him?" The Iktotchi regarded her with an amused look, "Why do you assume that I agree with him?"

TAG: Joesha and other Senators in the lobby

7. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: thanks

ic:
    "your vice chancelor, thats why i think you agree." raine said brushing her hair out of her face then she calmed down a bit. "So you dont agree with him?"

8. Darth-Dispicable

Mar 4, 2003
    IC Toril Vor, Senate Lobby1

"You are Vice Chancelor, thats why i think you agree." Raine said brushing her hair out of her face then she calmed down a bit. "So you dont agree with him?" Toril grinned with ammusment, "I did not say that either." His eyes quickly scanned the surroundings to make sure that nobody would hear his next words, now that Senator Spock was leaving with one of the other Senators it should be safe to speak, "I will not talk further about this here, if you are interested in discussing this further meet me in my office tomorrow."

He knew that she would know where to go, his office was near the Chancellors and the rest of the Senators' offices, depending upon her position he may be able to help her, and in doing so help the Republic.

TAG: Darth_Joesha

9. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Chang Li-Jhong grinned and excused himself cordially from his conversation and walked over to the senator screaming at the Vice Chancellor.

"Excuse him, Vice Chancellor. I think he's just needs a bit of time to clear his head, right?" Chang Li-Jhong said, flashing his characterized grin. Chang dragged off Spock and his grin faded.

"Watch yourself, rookie, before you get impeached. Now, 100,000 credits, did you say?" Li-Jhong asked connivingly. "Let's talk business."

Tag: Spock

10. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    IC:

"Excuse him, Vice Chancellor. I think he's just needs a bit of time to clear his head, right?" Chang Li-Jhong said, flashing his characterized grin. Chang dragged off Spock and his grin faded.

"Watch yourself, rookie, before you get impeached. Now, 100,000 credits, did you say?" Li-Jhong asked connivingly. "Let's talk business."

"Let's go someplace private"

Spock started walking off and motioned for the Senator to follow him.......

TAG: Suzuki_Akira

11. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    "Agreed, i will meet you tomorrow." Raine said walking away back to her fellow progressive party members.

12. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Li-Jhong followed Spock, wary. He didn't like following people--but if he reached out with his Force senses he should be able to sense any danger before it came.

Tag: Spock

13. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Senator Pax Dellos of Chandrilla; Coruscant; The Senate

Interesting, to say the very least. Bizarre and a bit unexpected and unnecessary and bizarre yet again to say some more. Was the Republic in trouble? Maybe, Pax couldn?t say for certain. That?s why he had advisors who were much smarter than he. To say the truth, they were leaps and bounds more intelligent than Pax and knew exactly how to fix every major problem in the galaxy. In fact, most powerful men?s advisors knew these things. Most everybody knew them. But, because of the bureaucracy built up around the Republic and the galaxy these changes were nearly impossible to implement without embarrassing one race or group, alienating another, and sparking several thousand small-scale wars. It was up to men like Pax Dellos to pick and choose which ideas could be made policy and to what extent and for how long. So the policy was now half a million troops and fifty-score naval ships. Would that be the policy tomorrow: perhaps; perhaps not. So, Pax was not overly worried about that. What troubled him was the process. Policy in the Senate should take eons to form over the course of many committees and debates and arguments, refining and galvanizing them until they were as perfect as the imperfect body could make, not just the whim of one man. Something would be done, that was certain. A new policy would be set. The tides would change. And Pax would change with them. He?d stand to a new Chancellor. It wasn?t difficult. It was the way of everything.

So Pax walked through the halls of the Senate to his offices. He needed to talk to Daved, his Chief of Staff. Maybe some of his Directors. The men who knew what to do and told Pax and allowed him the latitude to decide what he thought was right and what to do about it. Dellos passed through the Grand Lobby of the Senate. Ornate and old and cold and drafty and, somehow, abuzz with noise and yet oddly silent. Noise without meaning. Like insects. They were all speaking so fast and so much that it all collided with each other and made sound. The sound of men making decisions that would change a galaxy. But not that much. Pax was tired and knew that Daved and his staff would wait. He took a seat alone by a beautiful tree of Chandrillan heritage. The blossoms glowed with some internal light and as they fell, certain chemical triggers caused them to cascade into colors. A billion miniature rainbows formed before the blossoms died. Beautiful. Like a Senator growing off of every branch. They glowed with life and vitality and maybe they used that light for good and maybe they didn?t, but in any case, they were most brilliant when they fell. For good or ill. Pax pulled a datapad out of his breast pocket and reviewed his schedule for the day. Light. Thank the Gods. The Vice Chancellor looked concerned, as usual. Pax didn?t wish that man?s job, not at this point. In all things there were moments of great pain, and this was a big kriffing pain. After a few short conversations, Vice Chancellor Vor made it through the gauntlet of Senators, each one a bomb waiting to go off. Poor man. He did try so hard.

Pax sat, surveying the crowd of Senators: Progressive, Traditional, Independent; Human, Alien, Man, Woman, Other; Good, Bad, Indifferent; all of them trying to move on and find their way through this difficult spot. Who knew if Pax and all the other men like him could get around this one. Once, his grandfather had told him a story. Chandrillan moral tale, every grandfather was practically obligated to tell them to their grandchildren. And it didn?t really stand out in Pax?s mind. Just something the main character always screamed about. It seemed to apply so much to now.

Pax cocked his head to the right, sighed, and spoke to himself, ?And the sky came tumbling down.?

TAG: Anyone wishing to speak before I return to my offices

~ DS5

14. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Spock enters the Men's bathroom......

"What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

TAG: Akira

15. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Senator Nemisis

Nemisis walked out of the Senate room thinking. He wanted to be the man standing in that center float, giving the orders. He had started to form a plan. He would try to become allies with the current Chancelor. Then, he would kill him, and hopefully, not get blamed for it.

As Nemisis entered the lobby, he noticed his fellow traditional party member, Senator Trantalli, talking about something. He walked up to him and heard him finish, "...elect a leader for ourselves. Our party has gone too long without leadership, and I think that it is for this reason that we've been losing foothold in the Senate. What do you say?"

"Yeah, I say we do that to. I vote for myself."

TAG: ConcordDawn, and traditional party

16. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc:are we only allowed one character?

17. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Li-Jhong seethed, but he realized the effectiveness of the plan. It was a crime to bug a bathroom, especially a Senate bathroom, so the chances of them being caught were lower. Li-Jhong made a quick sweep for bugs or sentients, then made his pitch.

"I'm talking about a partnership. We make an insiders organization within the Senate with enough trustworthy members to alter the outcome of a voting session. You seem to be blunt to a fault, so you wouldn't attract suspicion," he said.

Tag: Li-Jhong

18. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    "I'm talking about a partnership. We make an insiders organization within the Senate with enough trustworthy members to alter the outcome of a voting session. You seem to be blunt to a fault, so you wouldn't attract suspicion," he said.

"Ok! i'll enter into this partnership, but we're going to have to bring in more people to make it work!"

TAG: Akira

19. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    Name: Acklo Acklen
    Homeworld: Acklar
    Sex:male
    Species: Acklay
    Affiliation(political party): Traditional
    Eye: green
    Hair: n/a
    Skin: greeny grey
    Force Sens: nope
    Bio: Acklo is the most inteligent Acklay on planet Aklar hence was appointed senator when they joined the republic recently, he has taken to walking on his hind legs to try and fit in which is hard at 3 metres tall, he also had an extra voice box added so he could talk as well as understand galactic base. He likes to keep things simple, hence wnting to stay traditional as his small brain finds it hard to keep all the infomatiuon stored within without adding more, he is one of the main campainers for ending slavery as lots of his fellow Acklays are kept as exotic pets by rich officials and cirus owners.

i hope you like it, its....original

20. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    OOC: That character makes me go... ack! :p

IC as Oorna Trantalli

Oorna shook his head at the young Senators screaming at the Chancellor's second-in-command and shook his head sadly.

He knew the only way to get things done around here was to scream at the man himself.

So Oorna walked up to the crow around the Vice Chancellor and said, "Why don't we take this fight to the Chancellor himself? Why waste time with this... this-"

Oorna looked up and down at the Vice Chancellor.

"-subordinate?" he spat. "I say we go to the Chancellor's office right now and start a petition to repeal this excessive act of warmongering!"

21. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Senator Pax Dellos of Chandrilla; Coruscant; The Senate

The day was slipping away. Pax needed to leave. It was important that he spoke at least with Daved about the recent events and judge what kind of performance would be necessary in the Senate and within the Party. Probably discuss contacting the Prime Minister back on Chandrilla. And, of course, share some of the best water from Chandrilla, purified by trees and rocks and soil. There was a reason why their glasses were filled with expensive water and not expensive alcohol. Both Pax and Daved were recovering alcoholics. Only two years ago Daved had confessed his problem. Pax had dealt with his problem eons ago, it seemed. Daved?Daved never wanted to appear weak, especially with his positions as of late: positions that required him to not just be strong, but to be strong for others. Pax helped his best friend to quit. It was hard for Daved, the man who virtually orchestrated his rise to the Senate, to admit this to Pax. But they always worked best together. And the water was quite excellent.

Artificially reflected and enhanced sunlight poured in through the Senate?s grand windows, articulating the treatments around them and the vistas playing out in the lobby. Vistas of strong men and women. Great panoramas that proved to be the most important artwork in the galaxy. Pax wasn?t precisely glad to be a brushstroke in this art, but he was satisfied with what he could do. How could aid his brothers, bring them together in the cause of good. Pax was a good man, as his Chandrillan heritage demanded and provided. He recalled a ballad of ancient Chandrilla, dating to the feudal wars of the old and powerful Houses. It was sung by the millions of Houses Minor who fought for their masters. They knew, much better than the Lords, that they were all Chandrillans, and all of them ?brothers in arms.? They raged and came together and defeated the Houses Major. Pax liked to think he knew, perhaps better than his colleagues, that every being was a citizen of the galaxy.

Someday you?ll return to
    Your valleys and your farms
    And you?ll no longer burn
    to be brothers in arms.

Pax strode through the halls of the Senate, crawling deep into the heart of the great beast that tried so desperately to keep the galaxy from destroying itself. He started to think about that ballad, the song of the Houses Minor. It was so full of sadness and hope, but it was so recognizable. It was simply one manifestation of a desire that burned in all free beings? hearts. Daved was one of the only native Chandrillans on his staff, and he would know this song. Everyone else was naturalized or off-worlders. Pax sent them all copies of the ballad minutes after the first meeting of his staff. They all got it, in more ways than one. Pax reached the Chandrillan section of the Senatorial Offices. As he entered the Offices of the Senator for Chandrilla, he saw the few scores of beings who worked with and for him. The moment they saw him, they took a moment from their work, those seated rose, those standing nodded, those who knew him best simply smiled.

And though they did hurt me so bad
    In the fear and alarm
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms.

?Senator Dellos, remember you have an appointment with the Senator from Dallon at twenty-one hundred thirty, she told me to remind you twice,? a young woman(perhaps ten years Pax?s junior) from Coruscant said, catching Pax?s stride, speaking without looking at the Senator.

?Twice? That seems a bit excessive even for her.?

?Yes, sir, that?s what she said.?

?When are you gonna tell me again??

?If I told you that would be cheating,? she said with her trademark look that somehow held both fun-loving vitality and motherly disdain.

?Get outta here Ms. Landonton, I?ve got real work to do,? Pax said with a dismissive flick of his wrist.

She stopped and cocked her head, her hair staying still within a bun tighter than the Banking Clan?s coffers. ?Excuse me, but I do more rea

22. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    Acklo was walking out of the senate squeezing through a side door when he heard some people talking about his new army, he quickly strode over therer the ground shaking a little and denting bits of the marble floor. "I agree with the chancelor in this case, we3 can fight the trandosian slavers with this army, maybe this will stop them from dealing in my bretheren, dead and alive!" He said filled with anger that people where questioning his lordship. "You voted him into office, he knows best."
    "That is where you are wrong!" Raine shouted up to Acklo, most people would be afraid to shout at an Acklay that hadn't eaten for six hours but not raine, she knew that Acklo feared her, she had much more political influence then him, she was on his list of five fears, 5. eight hours without meat. 4. Them making the senate doors smaller. 3. Raine Yubari. 2. The vice-Chancelor and 1. The Chancelor.

23. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Wave Firaxa

He sorted through papers on his desk and slowly stood looking to the Selkath guards in his room.

"I feel like taking a walk." He said as the guards nodded and opened the doors for him. He nodded back and began his walk through the senate building.

During his walk, he heard heated arguements between one Raine Yubari and a strange senator of the Acklay oersuasion. Acklay were known as single-minded, killing sentients. He decided that it would be best, if not much safer, to turn and walk down the Traditional Party hallway.

TAG: Anyone

24. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    Acklo was getting sick of his conversation with Raine, he had though over 2 times of eating her but decided against it, it was then he saw a fellow traditional party member from Mannan, he quickly ran, if thats what you can call it, over to him. "Good evening Senator Firaxa." Acklo said finding it hard to pronounce a v sound, he tried to smile but descided against it when he remembered he hadn't flossed his teeth.

25. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: My character is with the Progressive Party. He's a liberal much like myself. He's just taking a walk.

Wave Firaxa

The Selkath jumped at the greeting from the Acklay Senator. Though they were from different parties, they were both very much alike. Many of the senators were human, which weren't even the dominate species of their represented planets. In a way, Wave was glad that there was at least another alien senator that he could have a calm conversation with.

"Good evening Acklo. How goes things?" He asked in basic knowing that not many knew the Selkath language.

TAG: Senator Acklo, anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.