main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE***

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by PadawanNick, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Darth_Virru had a great idea in the Newbie's thread and posted a very nice introduction of himself. This was so cool, I figured that it would be nice if as many of us as possible posted a little mini bio to help us all learn about each other.

This thread is open to anyone passing through. No membership restrictions. Everybody is welcome!

Please let us know where you're located, what your Star Wars related interests/projects have been and anything else you'd like to share. Don't forget to add photo and website links if you have 'em!

Have fun.

2. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    For my own intro...
    My name is Nick and I live in Lansdale, PA.

When Star Wars was first released, I was instantly hooked, and have been a fan ever since.

I used to be into model building, and finished off this Falcon model a couple years ago. Now, most of my spare time goes to completing a couple of fan films in progress. After building a bluescreen studio in the basement, most of the filming is done now but months of FX and CGI work still needs to be done before anything is ready for release.

Have fun!

3. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    I'm Rick Geiger, Married I live in Lancaster PA. I'm working at being a fight chorographer for Film as well as a Prop maker, Just finished my first film (not a Fan Film, but a low budget release.)

You can see pictures of me at www.rebellegion.com under Jedi I'm on page 3.

4. Frito

Frito Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    Ok - here's me:

My name is Dave Fiorito. I live in King of Prussia (born and raised). My professional side is exposed at http://www.dreamlandwebworks.com My personal site is currently down but the basic details are this.

I am:

married (6 years - my wife's name is Jennie)

deeply spiritual - http://www.bahai.org

a Star Wars freak (since May 1977)

a soccer fanatic (I am a Manchester United supporter).

geek and proud of it - my hobbies include messing with computers (geeky), gaming (double geeky), birding (tripple geeky), concert going (ok - not so geeky), collecting 1/6th scale military figures (yes - GI Joe and all that - now up to quadruple geeky).

Cheers,

Dave

5. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    If anyone's interested We just put up our costume and props page. Just click the link in my signature. :)

6. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    I'm Jenni. I live in Devon, PA and am self-employed. I design and write training programs and materials for large companies. Right now for Merck - at least through the end of the year.

I'm 32, single. One mom, one dad, and one brother...or so I thought until the Shampoo event last weekend! LOL

I'm a dedicated Christian and am Presbyterian by denomination. My undergrad was in Elementary Education, my grad work was in Christian Education and Theology focusing on Youth Ministries/Drama/Recreation. And yes, I DO drink and go dancing. I'm no Bible Beater..lol

I have been a HUGE Star Wars fan since I saw ANH in the theater in May 1977. I played with my Leia action figure so much that she yellowed, her face is mostly off and her joints are all loose!

I also happen to be the co-founder of this FF chapter along with Rob (SithLord1968). Recently, thanks to all of you, I was voted in as City Rep for our chapter!

Jenni

7. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Hello all, my name is Wendy, 32, I have lived in Phoenixville for the last 6 years, before that I lived my whole life in South NJ. I am a single mom of a budding star wars fan (his favorite character is Darth Vader!!). I have been a SW fan since '77, and proud to say I still have all my SW toys from the 70's!!
    My hobbies include sewing, Star Wars, collecting gargoyles and learning about sharks.
    I have made a Queen Amidala Theed gown, my future plans include Amidala's Naboo Blk & Red battle outfit & making Darth Vader's lightsaber.

8. Jacen_Solo3

Jacen_Solo3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2001
    Well that'll teach me to look a little harder...sorry about the new thread...i know some ppl like to keep things nice and tidy. I'll introduce myself here as well.

My name is Rick, i live in allentown. I'm 20(I'll be 21 in 16 days) So i'm not an original fan, but i vaguly remember Being at the theatre for Return of the Jedi. I collect 3 3/4 figs, i read the Novels, and sometimes...when i'm either really bored, or just kinda depressed...i color in the starwars coloring books. My girlfriend is supportive of my hobby, and is even getting drawn in a bit :) I don't know what else to say...if you have any questions just ask..I'll answer pretty much anything.

Rick

9. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Hi Rick,
    Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry for the delay in welcoming you but it has been one of those weeks. I'm glad you found the Newbie thread and read all about what we're doing. Also, in truth you belong in our chapter not Philly's since you are in Allentown. We can stretch a bit and call your area one of the northern suburbs of Philly. So, again, welcome!

We'd love to see you at the meeting on Thursday. Right now we are gathering charter members. We are closing that out at the end of August!

Jenni

10. ekr1701

ekr1701 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    My Name is Eric, I live in South West Philadelphia. Work in K o P. I have been a Star Wars Fans Since 1977. I am Single with no children, but love spoiling my Nieces and Nephews with Star Wars Memorabilia..... I am interest in Star Wars Costumes but can not sew myself. Any Suggestions on where u can get costumes Made. thanks !!!!

11. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Welcome Rick and Eric.

Well that all depends on what type of costume you're looking for. So What kind are you looking for?

12. ekr1701

ekr1701 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    I am looking for a Jedi knight robe and underrobe outfit sans boots i guess i can find boots

13. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey there ekr! Welcome to the boards!

You're in luck. First, there's a great board loaded with info on Star Wars costumes right here.

Have fun!

14. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    hey eric,
    thanks for the post, but your costuming question belongs in our costume thread. please look for it and post all costuming related requests there in the future.

Here is the link for the KofP costuming thread. As well, follow Nick's link to theforce.net's costuming discussion threads.

thanks.
    jenni

15. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Hi all, I guess it's about time I filled this in...

My name is David, I am a recent transplant to PA, I have been a fan of SW from the beginning. My resurgence into SW came with the Zahn trilogy (still the best SW books yet!). I am an avid SW figure collector and just about anything else SW that I can get my hands on that my wife will allow me to (yes, I'm whipped). I am soon to be a father for the first time and I look forward to getting to know you all and having some fun.

16. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I guess I'll hop in and do a quick bio.

Name: Jackson Doud
    Hobbies: STAR WARS FANDOM!(as if you could't guess) Miniature Wargamming, Computers, Costuming, Farscape.
    Current Events: Working in North Wales this summer, returning to college in Daytona Beach this fall. I'm hoping to start a small fan group there but it probably won't be an official Fan Force. As far as costumes go I've got a Jedi outfit and I'm about half way done building Stormtrooper Armor. Anyone who want's advice on building a homemade blaster feel free to contact me :).

-Jack

17. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Hello all!! Well I've been debating whether to join and I have finally decided too.

My name is Tim Neely and I presently live in Plymouth Meeting. I am 22 years old and graduated from Shippensburg University in May of 2002, with a degree in Marketing. I have been a fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember. Besides the movies I am also into the EU, including both the novels and the video games, I'm also a huge fan of Star Wars music. I have never been into the costume and prop aspect of Star Wars but its seems interesting and I would like to learn more about it. Most of my friends are not into Star Wars has much as I am so I would like to meet some other fans like myself!! I look forward to hearing from you guys.

18. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Well Tim welcome to the Philly Out Rim Fan Force!! It is always nice to meet other SW fans.
    If you want to get start in costuming and prop building you've come to the right place, most of us can help you, so just say the word.

19. Mil-jata

Mil-jata Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Welcome Tim,

Always nice to have another Tim

Tim Miller

20. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Welcome Tim. I hope you can come out to our next event - which is most likely going to be a Christmas part in December. We just got done with Halloween and IMAX opening so it's been a busy few weeks.

PM me or email me if you have any questions.

Jenni

21. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Well like Tim, I've been kinda deciding whether or not to introduce myself. But what the heck. :)

My name is Herb, I'm 20 and from Langhorne, Bucks County (Don't know if you include Bucks Co. in your area). I'm a big fan of the SW films, not really big into EU. I was going to join you guys at IMAX on Friday, but I was at home taking care of business. I'm a Junior at Fordham Univ. in New York City studying Economics and History. I'm a closet SW fan from my friends, but they know I'm big, but they don't know how big. I'm good at hiding secrets I could say. :)

I'm always around and I figure this is a cool way to get to know SW fans in the area (when I'm home). Plus I could help get the word out to Bucks Co. since you don't have much of a presence there. I'm pretty inventive and always have lots of good ideas. Now if you'll excuse my introduction, I have a history book that calls me, I'll post again soon, I promise. :)

22. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Welcome Herb. We tend to do a lot of events with the 501's Empire City Garrison. And yes, Bucks Co counts. Philly Outer Rim centralized in King of Prussia, PA serves the Northern and Western suburbs of Philly. We have members from Lancaster Co. and Delaware too. And actually we do have members from Bucks Co.

So welcome. Hope you can come out to our next event.

23. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Hey guys, thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting all of you. BTW, I'm sorry I didn't join before because today I went up to West Nyack with my cousin to see AOTC IMAX. It would have been better to be there with a more excited crowd because this crowd was pretty flat.

24. ArtooR2-D2

ArtooR2-D2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    New to these here boards. However anyone interested in seeing an advanced screening of the DVD in widescreen just let me know, I just finished watching the Pixels to Puppets and it is out of control. I live in Center City.

25. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Yo, my name is Matt and I am a freshmen at the awesome Drexel University. I'm majoring in film and video and I am hoping to film my fan film this summer (seeing how it's the only summer I have off). Um...yeah.

I have been a SW fan since birth. Though I wasn't alive duing '77, I did own all the tapes and see all the re-releases.

That's enough I guess. Later!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.