main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedimama, Dec 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Our newest member to come forth, Sebulba-X, mentioned that an intro thread would be in order for new folks to get acquainted with Indy Knights. I think that is a fabulous idea and long overdue!
    Guess I'll go first. :D
    My name is Dawn, I am from the Eastside of Indy. I'm a property manager and mother of 3. I've been a SW fan since I saw ANH back in '77 at the age of 7. (I'm dating myself, I know)
    For those who do not know, the Indy Knights is not yet an official Fan Club, but we are certainly moving in that direction. The most important thing we are doing right now is contacting potential members in the area, and I think the fact that FanForce has moved to this main Forum page will help in this endeavor. We have held several small gatherings so far and as you can see from the 'post move' thread, we are planning another one for Dec 23.
    Our moderator, Qui-John, has a lot more information on this, but he is currently enjoying some parental time with his new baby. I'm sure that when he returns, he will share all the information he has as to what we need to do to become officially 'offical'. :D He has been in contact with members of the Chicago Force group and they have supplied him with a wealth of information on how their group formed, what they do, etc. etc. As of right now, we are just a group of people that enjoy SW and try to get together now and again to do...stuff. :D
    Okay...thats about it for me...next....:)

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, I'm not actually in the Indy area any more, but this was where I got introduced to FanForce. I have lived all over the place (no, I'm not a military brat), including Muncie and West Lafayette (for college). I moved to Nashville, Tennessee in August to start at the Metro Nashville Police Academy (I graduate in January, by the way). I still keep tabs on this forum, especially since I still make it back to Indy every so often since I have parents in Muncie and a sister at Butler.

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    *SebX begins singing the old Faith No More song "Introduce Yourself (Right On)"*

Thought since I suggested the thread that I should also participate. Fan of the movies since I saw them as a kid...I remeber seeing ANH in the theaters, but most of my memories center around ESB and on. Lived on the Far Eastside of Indy 99% of my life, where I work for my family's printing company doing the accounting thing and being the computer person ("Just turn it off and back on, that should fix it"). Married with our first kid on the way in late March. Two dogs, conveniently named Lucas and George. http://fan.starwars.com/Sebulba_X_Racing/files/George_and_Lucas_Casual_Day.jpg

Anyway, last year around the time Ep1 came out I got into collecting vintage and modern Star Wars trading cards. Done most of my buying and trading online, which lead me here and I've been hooked since. Still pretty much a closet fanatic, but it's a double lifestyle that has served me well.

Lastly, my company just missed out on getting to print the acutal Ep1 movie poster...so close...but we did print 3 of the posters that were sold in stores, most notably the Jedi Vs. Sith poster.

4. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Awwwhhhh cute doggies! Ok now I need to get a picture of my cat on my page. His name is Opie, and my mom used to call him Opie-Wan. Goes to show where I am coming from.

Ok, my name is Cari, aka Shara. I live in downtown Indy, but I have recently moved from the far NE side. I'm originally from Evansville, IN and moved her with my mom and stepdad in high school. I just recently graduated from Franklin College and I have no full-time job yet, but I have two part-times and I temp. ~~~You will find me a job.~~~ Here's something to date me, I wasn't even born yet when ANH came out. I think I was a year old when ESB came out. My mom is a scifi buff just like me, so it's no wonder I got into all this. I've been collecting figurines here and there, and although they aren't all worth that much, they are to me.

Shara

5. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    My name is Jeff and I live on the Southside of Indy in Beech Grove. I just recently moved here from Kansas City and am planning on going to IU in Bloomington next fall, majoring in Film and abusing their equipment :) I was born on June 4, 1977 and my parents took me to see Star Wars 3 weeks later, so Star Wars was my first film. I was born to it :) I'm very new to this forum though I've been going to the TF.N Spoiler Forums for a long time. I'm a writer and musician as well as being a sometime webmaster. My page hasn't been updated in a while but I'm getting back into it with a total revamp on the site itself.

6. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Tk-616 here. I'm from Indianapolis, IN. Been collecting SW movie promotions and Action Figs forever. I watched ANH on the drive thru screen from the back of a pick-up truck.
    I am part of the Fighting 501st. Stormtrooper Division. I'm a Lt. in the Midwest Garrison. My full title is:
    Lt. TK-616 of the 501st Div. MW Garrison.

If anyone is interested in Joining up, go to www.501st.com, but you have to be part of the Empire. No rebels.

I'm down for whatever. I like going out to the bars a lot dressed up in SW garb or the Stormtrooper suit. Freaks people out. I could talk about SW anytime, anyplace.

Later,
    TK-616, Long live the Empire

7. Nadja Cheiron

Nadja Cheiron Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 1999
    Hi. I kinda haven't posted here before (i've been at the jc since 3-99), but this seems like a good time to start.
    My name is Sarah, and I'm not from Indy, but I'm an hour east on 40 (Wayne County). If you know what's in Western Wayne County, you probably don't blink when driving through it.
    I'm in high school, and I don't have my license yet, so I don't think I could meet up with anyone, and more than likely, it wouldn't be in a bar if I could.
    Anyway.....um...HI!

8. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yo......what's up Indy Knights? Just thought I'd jump over and say 'hello'. Still have a few sheets of drywall to hang and tape, and then painting of the basement. And don't even start asking me about the ceiling. But ~~~you all want to help me finish my basement~~~~~. One day, that's gonna work! :) Wait til it's done, I get the big screen down there and then SW on DVD. Can you say "sweet"? I thought you could.

Hey Jedimama - how's the kids doing? And to the rest of you, swing by Chgo some time and say hello. Hopefully we'll get into our usual discussions about stuff totally unrelated to SW. Ahhhhh.......it's a good thing.

9. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    *A-hem*

After a long delay, one that has turned out to be more than well worth it, I'm finally able to come back and get back into the thick of things! First and foremost, I want to express my deepest gratitude to the talented and lovely Jedimama for keeping track of things in my absence. As she said earlier, I've been off on baby-leave! That is to say, my wife and I just had our first baby a week ago yesterday (11/30)... and we have been just a *bit* preoccupied, as you can probably imagine!

Alright, alright... I gotta do it. I gotta do the new parent thing and show everyone pictures of my new son. His name is Alexander Byron, and the one of the reasons that we've been soon busy is that when we were blessed enough to have him land on *our* planet (of all of them!), Earth's gravity kind of took hold in a BIG sort of way: that is, Alex tipped the scales at 9 lbs, 2 oz... enough to take Mom out of the action for about a week! At this point (T+8 days and counting), all are doing well and healthy, lack of sleep notwithstanding. :D Anyway, if you want to catch a glimpse of our new padawan, go here:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1247718&Auth=false

I'm just now trying to get some new photos up, and trust me: there *will* be constant updates!

Okay, now for some basic organizational things. Obviously, there is no change in the rules here, since this is just a change in address. One thing that I'm hoping for (and Dawn definitely hit this right on the head) is that with this wider exposure, we can start to attract more members as time goes by. So, if you're in the area, and you just happened upon this board, by all means send them the .url along with an invitation to stop in!

Also, for those that are just joining us, in the old board we had a thread listing some of the basic rules set up by TFN, so I'm gonna post them here once again, just to make sure everybody is on the same page, rule-wise.

And no, no recounts. :)

These are courtesy of Mr. K:
    Just a few things of interest... always make sure ANY Fanforce meetings are discussed in the forums. This is for safety reasons as well as for TFN's protection. We don't want underage kids or others to fall victim to a 'false' meeting and come into harm. That's why it's absolutely imperative that you know EVERY meet that's going on in your area...know everything that your members are planning and encourage everyone to keep away from meetings that aren't discussed on the board.

We are responsible for the safety of our members as they attend OUR events. For that reason, we have adopted a system for keeping an eye on local Fanforce activity:

POLICY
    *Meets must be discussed in the forum
    *the City Representative must approve/be aware of them
    *I must be notified before the meet takes place

That way we all know what's going on. This system will be posted in our FAQ for formal presentation soon.

Also, the same rules about profanity, flaming, etc. that apply on the other boards apply here. But hey, with the exception of JediJeff, most everyone here seems pretty reasonable! :D

(J/J JediJeff - by the way, you're STILL not done with your basement? Sounds like you might want to talk to TK-616 to get some Imperial conscripts to help out! :D)

I see some new faces around here, too...and some notably *absent* ones as well. Not to worry, though...it's just a matter of time before all the prodigals return home!

"Official Fan Club", hmmm? Well, that's gonna have to be a new thread in an of itself... tell you what: I'll gather my thoughts and info, and I'll start that next week (ie. back to work so that I actually have a little time to think!), and we'll see where it takes us!

Well, that's all for now! It's feeding time at Qui-John's household...and the padawan awaits! More later!

10. Jedimama

Jan 7, 1999
    Oh my stars, he LIVES! :D Hey Qui-John, why isn't your name all lit up 'n purrrty like HRKinnebi's..? You should E-Mail someone about that - get your title back on this forum so you can do all the neat stuff..like hang out in that super-secret 'moderator's only' thread. :D
    Nice to meet you Nadja! Age is of no concern to us, you are more than welcome anytime at any function! Hopefully you can make it sometime! :)
    JediJeff - I had almost forgotten about you, hon! hehe...almost. :) Just kidding! I knew you would venture forth into our forum sooner or later. Just can't stay away from us, can you...? :D The young'uns are doing fine - how about your little cutie pies?? And since SOMEBODY decided to open up the boasting-parent window of opportunity, you can see for yourself here:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=986606&a=10111643

SO - big screen TV, huh...? Hmmm...methinks the party will be a Jeff's house when that basement gets finished. :D

11. B.J. Zanzibar

B.J. Zanzibar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 7, 1999
    My name is Abe and I live down in Bloomington, where I work for IU in the technology services division. I don't get up to Indianapolis very often, but it's good to see there are other fans around these parts. I was 5 when I saw ANH and recall the year before the movie, everyone in my pre-school class wore Planet of the Apes costumes for Halloween. That year, however, they were all dressed as pint-sized Darth Vaders, Luke Skywalkers, and Princess Leias.

12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Uh, oh... shhh! Here comes Qui-John! Everybody stop talking about him!

13. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Sarah,

My boyfriend is from Wayne County. He lives in Indy now, but his parents live in Greens Fork/Williamsburg. Where do you live?

Shara

14. Nadja Cheiron

Nadja Cheiron Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 1999
    I'm in Cambridge City. It's southwest of Greensfork.

15. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    Hi ya'll. I was born and raised on the near-northside of Indianapolis. (48th and Central, to be specific) I'm now a freshman at Ball State University, in Muncie. When I go back home, I live with my dad, who lives downtown Indy.

16. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Hi, Emuboy! I know the Muncie area pretty well (I graduated from Muncie Central in 1995).

Hey, I don't know if you want to put the specific area that you live in your post. If you want, I can edit that out for you (assuming it's past time for you to edit your post).

17. Jedimama

Jan 7, 1999
    Hi Emuboy! Nice to see another new name! Have you checked out the 'next meeting' thread? Don't know if you will have time, but everyone is welcome (space at Shara'a permitting of course!) Its looking like it will be very laid back and a lot of fun. :D

18. Emuboy

Nov 7, 1999
    Hama-Ryu Kinnebi, at this point, it's already easy enough to find where I live on the internet, so I stopped worrying about it. Thanks for the concern though.

I'll check out the meeting thread, but these next two weeks are evil.

19. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    How's BSU treating you, Emuboy? Graduated from there in 1996, but I still go back rather frequently.

20. Emuboy

Nov 7, 1999
    I love it. I'm a member of Absolunacy, so that makes things super-great.

21. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Absolunacy is awesome. I knew a couple of the founding members, including Chris Raleigh. I did some acting with a few of them.

22. Emuboy

Nov 7, 1999
    Next year is the 10 year aniversary of Abso, and we're gonna have a huge reunion show. I just might meet this Chris guy! Our second CD comes out this month, it's titled "Iraq!"

23. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Well... hello again to old buds and greetings to new ones! I finally got my password to work! Yipee!

I've been a Star Wars fan since I saw ANH in the theater as a kid. My brother, Delba Fett, and I had all the figures and some of the paysets... alas, no falcon...

A constant reminder of my love for SW is the life-sized cardboard standy of Han in my bedroom. For the holidays, he wore a Santa hat. Oh no... Han... christmas... I'm getting scarry flashbacks from watching Jedimama's Wookie Holiday Tape... oh, the horror... the horror....

I was even Queen Amidala (when she goes to the senate) for Halloween one year, and even used my own hair (its dark and kinda leia length). Pictures available on request.... hehehe.

In the "real" world, I am a veterinarian. I welcome any questions, but I'm sure the other forum-readers would appreciate not listining to me talk about your cat's urination problem, or your dog's ear infection. But really, feel free to email me with any animal-related topics you all might have... I'd be happy to help you guys out. [face_clown]

So, that's it for now...
    Hope to see everyone soon (see next meeting thread, you all are invited to the Palace at Theed....)

Karen

24. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    DAMMIT! No cat bladder talk. NOW what can I bring to spark the conversation?????

Dang.....

25. Nemoidian_Boy

Nemoidian_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    Sup! I live out in the Suburbs, I'm mostly a Star Trek fan, but I enjoy SW, too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.