main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedimama, Dec 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSoloIndiana

HanSoloIndiana Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2001
    Hi everybody, I am an avid Star Wars/Indiana Jones fan and have been since I saw the Movies in the 80's. I would love to get together with you guys on your next get together. I am 29 years old, I'm from Washington state and I moved here to Indy about four years ago. I have a two year old son named Jeremiah who is going to take over my small collection of SW toys someday. I work at FedEx and I go to school at IVY Tech.

2. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Ya know, HSIndy - you might have me store those toys of yours before you pass them on to your son. Ya know - he's 2 and all, and I'm sure you'd want those toys kept in nice condition for him to enjoy. :)

(Sooner or later - this is gonna work. I have foreseen it!)

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    That brings back nightmares of the fateful summer day when I thought that I could make a few extra dollars as a kid selling most of my old SW toys at a garage sale. The horror, the horror!

*bangs head on desk*

4. HanSoloIndiana

Jan 10, 2001
    Ha ha, very funny Jjeff, lol. I think I will hang on to them for a while. I found a cool item on the Bobandtom.com. It lets you create your own Star Wars name.
    1. Start with the first three letters of your last name
    2. Add the first two letters of you first name
    3. Add the first two letters of your mother's maiden name
    4. Add the first two letters of the city in which you were born
    5. Then, you are allowed to remove one letter to make it sound cool.
    Mine ended up being Romihaal. My son's was Rojepein. Try it its kind of fun.

5. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Nice to meet you, new guy. :)
    I did that SW name thing a while back & thought it was pretty cool. I was Jayda Noin.
    Hope to see you at the next party at the Queen's pad!

6. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Did that too: I'm Jedi Master Wilje Keeve. I left all the letters in cuz I sound awesome! :) Even have my character on Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II as Wilje. He kicks major @ss!

7. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Well, HSInd... glad to see you made it to our forum!

I did the name thing and I'm Delka Fein... I think that may be where my bro got his name for "Delba Fett". (my bro... the looser has not signed in here yet... dude, where are you?)

I've got pics scanned from my Star Wars Christmas decorations, so if any of you guys wanna see them, let me know and I can send you copies. But honestly, who would NOT want to see "Santa the Hutt" and "Salacious Elf" next to a TaunTaun reindeer in a lighted decorated Hoth Trench Set? (making those little green felt pants was a pain in the butt, too!)

8. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    Memjo Welaf?
    Mejo Welaf?
    Memjo Weaf?
    Memjo Wlaf?
    Emjo Welaf?

No matter how you spin it, I can't win. :)

Oh, and Karen - "Santa the Hutt"? I can see it now: "Bo-ho-ho Shuda!" Still, the thought of it coming down the chimney...<<shudder>> :)

9. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm Smica Wiev or Smima Wiev, and that's without taking any letter out. I kinda like that. (If you remember, my real first name is Mary but I go by Cari ;p)

I like it

Shara

"Gay or straight, ugly's still ugly." -Hooper-X

10. HanSoloIndiana

Jan 10, 2001
    I like the names I guess this does work. I guess I could leave my letter in and be Roy Mihaal but that's too "earthy". Although there is a Luke in Star Wars I don't think there will ever be a Roy (YeeHaw!, Ride 'em Jedi!). Maybe Roymi Haal. I am looking forward to meeting everybody. Later

11. HanSoloIndiana

Jan 10, 2001
    Hey Shara if you are Smima Wiev. Can we call you Aunt Smima?

12. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    The only peeps who call me aunt anything are my nieces and that's hard in itself. So no!

I'm like Sica Wiev myself.

"Gay or straight, ugly's still ugly." -Hooper X

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Hello, I am PrincessKenobi and I decided it's time to expand my horizons by checking out the Fan Forth for my area. I live up In Noblesville. So Hi, I'm here, I'm a Star Wars Freak. I mostly post at Episode 2/3 SA, Communications, and JC Community. I figure it was time to admit who I am to the people in my area.

14. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Ahh a gal after my own heart. I'm a Kenobi freak. I have been transplanted from the Geist area to "near northside" although where I live isn't really near the northside. We're having a party, kid, so you should come on down!

Shara

15. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Hey Princess... cool to see another gal on here! You should come to our next get together... its on saturday at my place (ie.. the palace..lol). If you want to check out details, its on the "grab your calendars" link... [face_clown]

16. MundiJade

MundiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2000
    Welcome Princess!

17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Thanks, if I wasn't so busy this weekend I would consider going. But I have a Destination Imignation meeting Saturday, Band practice tomorrow and a basketball game, and a party to go to on Sunday. Sorry.

18. Patfett

Patfett Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2001
    Hello,
    My Name is Patrick and I live in the BroadRipple area. I am 18 and in highschool.
    I have been a star wars fan from the time I was 3. The first movie that I can rember clearly seeing is Return of the Jedi.My parentes where one of the first to have cable on our block.I rember seeing rotj when all my brothers(3)sister and I all had chickenpokes.We had all three taped from off T.V and I would watch all three over and over.
    When the books started to come out I got "Heir to the Empire" for my birthday when I was 8. I actually read and understood it even though it was a bit beyond my age. Since then I have collected all the books and comics. I love the stuff.
    I am new to computers and internet. I just got my computer a couple of monthes ago. This is the first time on these boards. I was so happy to find some people in Indy that like SW. Most freinds poke fun at my fanatic SW craze.Am interested in your club or anyone that just wants to talk SW.
    Also I am interested in getting into the new SWRPG. Anyone already intersted or like me want to start playing and need players E-mail me at patsplac001@msn.com
    My SW name is MARPA-WIN or MARPA-WAN

19. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Hi all, I just joined the page today. I have been a fan since 77 and have been collecting ever since. I collect mostly figures now ( too much out there had to settle on one). I am interested in talking and trading with people in Indy (Im on the S.E side by Beech Grove). I would love to get together with you the next time you have a meeting

20. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    OK, I must have missed out before.

I live in Connersville, hour east of Indy (45 mins if I'm driving :) )
    I am a Staff Member here at TFn iin the Collecting section blah blah blah (Welcome Incom4!)
    I still have my Vintage...ha ha ha
    I was 10 when SW came out, you do the math.
    My brother works in Zionsville and my wife has friends in Noblesville and I like to Shop Greenwood and Castleton. Don't make it to the west side too much.

Later!

21. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Welcome Incom and Xizor. Wow we hve someone famous! Anytime you guys want to join us, let us know.

22. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    Sheesh - I'm out of it for a little while, and famous people start *popping* out of the woodwork! Nice to meet you Patfett, Incom and Xizor - are you the same Xizor we used to have around here back on the UBB boards?

It's nice to see most of old gang's still here as well... and I mean "old" in the nicest sense of the term! :D

Karen - where's Brian? I've been looking thru some of the recent posts, and I haven't seen anything from the original Delba Fett in a long time!

Anyway... :)

23. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Dylan, good to see ya old chum! Glad to hear your hair is coming back. Never like that military buzz cut thing *ducks as Todd throws something at her* Except on Dawn's husband....yeah....;p

John, good to see your smiling face too! Umm, thought we told you about Brian: He's boycotting Snowboards, doesn't like them. But between Karen, Dawn, and I, we make sure he's at the parties :) We miss ya bub!

Hey here's an update on me, if anyone cares, and the only people who would might be Amanda, John, and Dylan cause I haven't talked to them in awhile: I lost my job at Smokefree Indiana. It's stupid, they're anal, and I was an idiot to think everything was kosher. Oh well. So now I'm temping again. I've been working a little for my mom too, and today I have a full days work answering phones for an ad agency. Woo ;p Glad I brought a book; I'm trying to finish up Planet of Twilight so I can move on to Vector Prime. Yeah I know I'm way behind.

Oh well, that's how it goes.

24. Lord_Ruthven_00

Lord_Ruthven_00 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2001
    Howdy ya'll, I'm Lord_Ruthven_00, I live on the west side of Indy, near Clermont, and I've been here for 5 years. I moved here after my first wife left me, and met my current. We're expecting our first child, Samuel Wayne, in 2 weeks!!!!! I work for a division of Compaq, and I absolutely love Star Wars. :D
    I've always been a fan, but ever since I got hooked on computers the addiction has increased. I have 4,5, and 6 memorized, and I'm working on 1. I've written a few short stories centering around SW, none of them published, but I will continue. I also love fantasy books, (Eddings, Brooks) and music of all kinds. :p
    Once I saw the Jedi Training that CorranCob started, I knew that I had to be in this club. Thnx, and I'll be around...

25. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Nice to meet you, Lord Ruthven! :) Congrats on the new baby. Kids are great - just ask any of mine - they'll tell you! :p
    Soooo..you, uh - work for Compaq, huh..? Ya' know - my Presario 5600 has *really* been locking up lately....could probably use a little servicing..hehe.
    Just kidding. :D
    Hopefully we'll be organizing another Indy Knigt gathering soon - I know you will be busy for the next..oh..18 years..but maybe you can make it to one sometime! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.