main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedimama, Dec 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Crimson

Darth-Crimson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2001
    The best part of self inflicted Jedi Mind tricks is that it keeps the hair off your palms. Although, that's just what I've been told.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Generally humans don't have hair on the palms of their hands, so either we do a lot of self-inflicted mind tricks in advertedly (sp?) or you have some strange hands D-C

3. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    DC and me - on the same, sick page. :D

4. Theodore

Theodore Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2001
    Hey all. I've been lurking here for a while as I like to keep an eye on what theForce.Net has to offer. I live on the near north side with a wife and 6 mo. old daughter. I've been a member of the Tie Corps on-line gaming club for three years now and have just purchased a Tie Pilot helmet to begin a costume (I bought my wife a Fi'grin D'an mask). I've read quite a few of the books and may want to stop in on a book club.

Theo

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Welcome Theodore! Try to stop by next Monday's regular gathering if you can.

6. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Welcome Theodore

7. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Woo! Hiya Theodore! Welcome and yes, please come to a meeting sometime!

8. MundiJade

MundiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2000
    Welcome! Hope to see ya at a meeting! :D

9. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Welcome aboard Theodore.

10. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Welcome Theodore ! Glad to have you with us.

11. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Welcome to the assylum!

12. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Ok so this isn't an introduce yourself thing, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. I'm leaving tonight for a long weekend. I'm going to Zach's parents with him. I'll be back Saturday early afternoon sometime. So if anyone cares :) that's why I'll have disappeared for a couple of days.

13. xeyed1

xeyed1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2001
    Hey there! Just a hello from a SW fan up here in Monticello!

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Just upping this to prevent it from dropping off the map.

15. Nick_the_Jedi

Nick_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2001
    in case you don't know,my name is nick.
    I am from Shelbyville ,IN.
    I attend SMS.
    in 8th grade
    plus I lOVE STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!

btw my dad IS weirder than I am

16. Anna_kin

Anna_kin Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2001
    hi all, I'm brand new here, I learned about this place 'cuz my best friend Ashley (you guys know her as Ani or AJ or ANIKINANDAMIDALA4EVER)is on here. I'm 13, I live in Fishers, and I go to Hamilton Southeastern Junior High. I first heard about Star Wars becuase when my family moved here all the boys in our neighborhood were HUGE Star Wars fans, and my brother wanted to fit in so he became one too. I'm not really a BIG fan, but I like the movies, and I'm looking forward to Attack of the Clones.
    (and by the way my name is Anna)

17. ANIandAMIDALA4EVER

ANIandAMIDALA4EVER Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Yes Anna_Kin is my friend Anna from school. Please just call me AJ or Ani cause I like them better than Ashley. I might be able to go to meetings if Anna comes. That's if Anna's parents let her go.

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Welcome to the Indy Knights, Anna_kin! A&A4ever has probably told you about our upcoming Holiday party, which the two of you and your families are more than welcome to attend. Don't forget to check out Cari's lovely Indy Knights Website for more details about our group. Enjoy the forums!

19. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Welcome Anna_kin,

Because of the size of our group we are moving out monthly meeting to the Rathskeller. The Rathskeller is a resteraunt/bar in downtown Indy. We will have our own banquet room and it is in the restraunt area so underage members are permited. Hope to see both of you at a meeting soon

20. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
  21. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Ok, I'll reveal myself to the Indy Knights...

My name is George and I've been addicted to Star Wars since May 30, 1977, when I saw Star Wars at the glorious Eastwood theatre. I've been to a couple of meetings, and I think y'all are a fine bunch of..um, people! yeah, that's the word I was looking for.

I will tell you now, I don't believe in the sanctity of unopened toys as collectables. Why not? because unless you have something from an extremely limited run, there are a million others out there just like it. That isn't value, it is merely unopened. Now, that said, I don't knock people for keeping their things in the original package. If that is how they want to collect things, then fine with me. I, however, like to play with my toys.

What is my favorite part of being a fan? Meeting people firstly, but props and costumes is my area. Oh, and model building. I like to do that, too. Occasionally I'll take an action figure and customize it into someone I know, like I'm doing for some friends of mine. I made a TIE fighter pilot into my friend Jeff a couple of years back. Now I'm making the Obi-wan paintable figure into some of my other friends. It's a sickness.. no, wait, what I do with photoshop is a sickness.

Anyway, about my "name"... R2-B9 is an amalgam of my two favorite robot's names. And, it fits nicely in the SW universe as a name for my astromech. One day, (when I learn to measure twice and cut once) I'll finish my full sized version, and bring him to a meeting or something.

Talk to you all soon, eventually,
    George (notLucas)
    R2-B9

22. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
  23. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
  24. JediKitty

JediKitty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 1999
    hmmm, why not?

Logansport native, almost 17 when ANH came out.
    Married to a fellow SW fanatic, Mark, since 1987. (We first met while he was doing costumed appearances as Vader, before Lucasfilms cracked down on that kind of thing) No kids unless you count the feline variety: Shadow, 14; Amanda and Sarah Jane, 3 1/2.
    My main areas of interest in the Saga are RPG (playing a regular campaign, with the old d6 system, set 10 years before ANH) and collecting, specifically the 1/6 scale figures. My husband, a couple of friends and I are kicking around ideas for a SW photostory using some of the 12" figures and their equipment, with sets, other kitbashed or custom figures, and judicious use of good photo editing software. :) (Anyone know a good source for extra 1/6 weapons? Heavy blasters, rifles and lightsabers specifically)
    Costuming is also an area of interest; my own Jedi garb, and a project yet to be chosen so Mark can have a cool costume for CII.
    Outside of SW, let's see: Reading, drawing, netsurfing, collecting and customizing 1/6 figures in general, fiddling with the computer. Wednesday evenings I spend trying to teach squirmy 1st and 2nd grade padawans right from wrong. :)

*Eventually* I will be able to make a meeting.(Everything but Sith Council is a day/night I work or have church!)
    Hope to meet some of you prior to Celebration.
    (OK, I'll stop now...)

25. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    Rise my friend...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.