Gd Rapids, MI Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Kettchs_Girl, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kettchs_Girl Jedi Master

star 1
    I thought this would be a great way for some of the newer members, myself included, to get a kind of crash course on who we're talking to. I've done this at some other message boards and it's gone over pretty well. Feel free to answer all or some of the questions. I'll be brave and go first:

Your Name - Sam

D.O.B ? May 22, 1986

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? Alexei Yagudin Discussion Group & Round the Rink (KettchsGirl)

AIM SN - SexeiAlexeiGurl

Have you got a website? what is it? - http://www.geocities.com/sam_the_jedi

Hobbies ? reading, graphic art, anything to do with star wars or Alexei Yagudin, photography, watching figure skating, and decorating my room

Favourite Color - orange

Favorite film(s)(besides SW) ? (you mean there are others?!?) Pirates of the Carribbean, Lilo & Stitch, Catch Me If You Can, Rush Hour I & II

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) - Savage Garden, Bon Jovi, Toby Keith, Martina McBride

Favorite song(s) ? Crash and Burn, To The Moon and Back by Savage Garden, Always, Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi, American Soldier by Toby Keith, Hotel California by the Eagles, Why Don?t You and I by Santana

Favorite cartoon as a child (and now hehe..)- Used to love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, now I like Stitch (the series) and Hey Arnold

Favorite Book (up to now) ? Star Wars: X-wing: Starfighters of Adumar

Favorite tv programme ? Will and Grace, Diagnosis Murder

Favorite food ? my Great Aunt?s meatloaf

Favorite actors/actresses ? none really

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? listen to music, go on the internet, watch figure skating (notice a trend?)

What do you most regret doing? ? nothing really, but give it time

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why?
    Alexei Yagudin. He has accomplished so much in his life and overcome so many obstacles both on and off the ice. He always follows through on whatever he sets his mind to.

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? go to school

What's your dream job? ? write a star wars novel, or maybe just proofread them, that way I get first looks at all the new books

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? I would go to Coruscant. I would see all the sights and to a restaurant there for lunch, try new foods, and talk to an alien.

What things do you want to achieve in life before you die? (name 3) ? do something that will change someone?s life, learn to figure skate, and travel to a foreign country

Okay, your turn.
  2. nashira Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Your Name - Christina

D.O.B ? August 29, 1978

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ?Northern Michigan Birding (cgauthier), Gardenweb: Birdwatching (cgauthier)

AIM SN - cgauthier101

Have you got a website? what is it? - http://www.geocities.com/christina-ann_99 and icons (sig)

Hobbies ? birdwatching (suprise!!), hiking, camping, movies

Favourite Color - purple

Favorite film(s)(besides SW) ? (you mean there are others?!?) Pirates of the Carribbean, Lilo & Stitch, (<---- me too!!), Last of The Mohicans

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) - The Cure, Royksopp, Basement Jaxx, Miguel Migs, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers.

Favorite song(s) ? er....it's too hard to pick just a couple.

Favorite cartoon as a child (and now hehe..)- Thunder...THUNDER...THUNDERCATS!!! HOOOOO! :p

Favorite Book (up to now) ? Bram Stoker's Dracula

Favorite tv programme ? Does Red Wings Hockey count? Otherwise The Sopranos.

Favorite food ? chocolate

Favorite actors/actresses ? Johnny Depp, Christopher Walken...many others...

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? - that's my husband's job. :p

What do you most regret doing? ? caring too much about the social aspect of college

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why? - errr...

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? pharmaceutical chemist (no, not Pfizer)

What's your dream job? ? wildlife rehabber

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why?- Naboo. Birds. :D

What things do you want to achieve in life before you die? (name 3) ? See the Ring Cycle by Wagner (preferrably at the Met), take a long distance ride on a Harley, travel in general.
  3. Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Your Name - Lisa

D.O.B ? October 29, 1984

Current residence - Oberlin, OH. I'm a Holland, MI native, and I'm there all summer, but yay for being a college kid. *trots around waving an Oberlin t-shirt*

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? Jedi Knights of Cleveland (DWH), Spacefem and Tanooki (downwithhydrogen)

AIM SN - downwithhydrogen

Have you got a website? what is it? - http://www.rebelchick.tk

Hobbies ? drawing, painting, graphic design, dorm room interior design, viola, and tinkering with my computer (it's home-built).

Favourite Color - purple

Favorite film(s)(besides SW) ? Without a doubt, Lord of the Rings, all three of 'em. Extended where available over the theatrical releases, too.

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) - Relient K, Howard Shore

Favorite song(s) ? Softer to Me, Mood Rings, and Failure to Excommunicate by Relient K, Imperial March (rage mix), The White Tree from the RotK soundtrack, Everyone's a Little Bit Racist from Avenue Q.

Favorite cartoon as a child (and now hehe..)- Inspector Gadget and Rainbow Brite, when I was a kid. Now I don't really watch TV.

Favorite Book (up to now) ? Well, if we're talking Star Wars, I'd say Traitor and Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover. If we're talking of all the books I've ever read, it's Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

Favorite tv programme ? TV? What's that?

Favorite food ? Well, as far as dining hall food goes, the barbecue chicken pizza wins. Otherwise, anything NOT CDS suits me fine.

Favorite actors/actresses ? Lauren, Liz, and Brian. No, you've never heard of them... but you will! (these are my best friends at college, and all theatre majors)

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? listen to my favourite music, go play my viola, go listen to the organ in Finney chapel, dress up just for the heck of it.

What do you most regret doing? ? I'm sure I could come up with something if I thought about it, but, quite frankly, I don't like living with regret.

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why? Personally, I'm content being me. But it would be cool to be Jaina Solo, to be kind of like me, but with an X-Wing and Jedi powers.

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? I work as a lifeguard at my college's pool, but mot of my time is spent doing classwork.

What's your dream job? ? Set up my animation company in Toronto, where I will animate Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy, and they will be Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. 'Twas actually his idea, back when he came to Cleveland to do the signing tour. I got all excited because animation is my intended major, and he thought it would be really nifty to see, so that's my ultimate goal.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? I'd go to Alderaan, because I really want to know what the planet was like before it was destroyed. That, and the artistic community was supposedly amazing.

What things do you want to achieve in life before you die? (name 3) ? Graduate college with two majors and a minor, work on the animation for a successful film, and just be overall happy.
  4. lovelucas Jedi Master

star 4
    NAME: Linda
    DOB: younger than Yoda, but not much
    HOBBIES: accumulating things star wars, esp prequels - off ebay /figure skating and gymnastics groupie
    FAVE COLOR: well, hey green and blue as in heroic lightsabers
    FAVE SONG: across the stars
    FAVE BOOK: the razor's edge (besides prequels and bios about lucas)
    FAVE TV: CSI
    FAVE ARTIST:hmmm? artist can be so many things -
    Actor - ewan mcgregor
    Actress-ashley judd
    Singer -the guy who sings the ebay jingle (to that's amore), billy joel and k.d. lang
    Group: Outkast
    Painter: Monet
    Photographer: Adams
    Author: Terry Brooks
    Director: George Lucas
    Screenplay: Zac Braff/anything by Woody Allen
    don't know any sculptors
    FAVE BOOK: actually Terry Brooks' Phantom is really well-written - also like "a portrait of jennie"
    FAVE CHEER-UP: Attack of the Clones / choreographing
    OTHER MESSAGE BDS: hyperspace padawan pablo h.
    JOB: courthouse - atty clerk
    DREAM JOB: getting slurppys for George Lucas at the nearest 7-11 to skywalker ranch
    FAVE PLANET: gotta be Naboo - and the knowledge that it's a real place and as gorgeous as it looks in atoc
    3 THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DO THE ULTIMATE CHECKOUT?
    1. talk to george at skywalker ranch
    2. extended stay at lago de como (site of the lakeside retreat - bellagio)
    3. learn to speak french
    REGRETS: not asking natalie portman a question when i had the chance - i was at the michigan premiere of GARDEN STATE

sorry this is not in the right format but i'm a relative novice to the boards - not sure how to duplicate or replicate partial messages

5. Qonas Jedi Master

star 4
    Your Name - Mike

D.O.B ? June 1st, 1983

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? R2-Detroit, 411Wrestling

AIM SN - Qonas

Have you got a website? what is it? - Nope

Hobbies ? Reading, the study of history, video games, driving, soccer, football, hockey, being a member of R2-Detroit, sword-fighting when I can, and the study of alcoholic beverages ;)

Favourite Color - Blue and Maize

Favorite film(s)(besides SW) ? The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Army of Darkness, the Romero trilogy (w/the recent Dawn of the Dead remake), A Knight's Tale

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) - AC/DC, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Godsmack, Guns'n'Roses, Led Zeppelin, Rammstein, Ted Nugent, Van Halen

Favorite song(s) ? Shot Through the Heart by Bon Jovi, Whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC, Welcome to the Jungle by GnR, Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent

Favorite cartoon as a child - Transformers and TMNT

Favorite Book (up to now) ? The Presidency of Richard Nixon by Melvin Small, the Worldwar Tetrology by Harry Turtledove, the Thrawn trilogy, Faith of my Fathers by John McCain and Mark Salter

Favorite tv program ? WWE RAW, MXC, Futurama, Family Guy, King of the Hill, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Sealab 2021 and if we're talking of all-time, then Married: with Children.

Favorite food ? Anything Italian or German, sushi

Favorite actors/actresses ? Sean Bean

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? Shoot up a bunch of Covenant scum in Halo, plop in a wrestling DVD

What do you most regret doing? ? My biggest regret is having not done something, which shall remain vague. :p

I would wish to be Teddy Roosevelt or Frederick Barbarossa. I have a love of medieval history, and the whole idea of kingdoms, and I think that a kingdom run properly could've been a whole lot more prosperous and innovative and secure, without the degradation of morals and principles and the human spirit that we have now, than a republic today. So, I would've loved to have been in Frederick's shoes, with that much support and skill heading up the Holy Roman Empire's renewal. As for TR, well, c'mon. The guy is our greatest President after Lincoln. :)

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? School, working as assistant coach of debate and forensics at my old high school

What's your dream job? ? I have two; Writing for, or performing for, the World Wrestling Federation. President of the United States.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? I would go to Hoth during the summer, where I could finally be comfortable for a day during that season.

What things do you want to achieve in life before you die? (name 3) ? I want to have made an impact in society so as to change it for the better, I want to have met a bunch of people I look up to including John McCain, Steve Williams, Ric Fliehr, Paul Levesque, Michael Hickenbottom, Nora Greenwald and others, and I want to marry.
  6. pretender Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Your Name - Tim

D.O.B ? May 25, 1979

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ?various ezboards, PretenderNX01

Have you got a website? What is it? - http://www.geocities.com/ussrowe/[link=http://www.geocities.com/ussrowe/]http://www.geocities.com/ussrowe/[/link]

Hobbies ? Art, Design, comicbooks, science fiction, television, music, movies

Favorite Color(s) - Green and Blue

Favorite film(s)(besides SW) ? Series: Indiana Jones, X-men, Superman, Spider-Man, Shrek; Individual: 8Mile, Romey and Michelle, Punisher

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) - Matchbox Twenty, Cher, Linkin Park

Favorite song(s) ? Real World, Song for the Lonely, Crawling

Favorite cartoons as a child - He-Man, Superfriends, Droids/Ewoks

Favorite Book (up to now) ? Batman: Hush, JLA: Kingdom Come

Favorite TV shows ? The OC, Scrubs, Ellen (talkshow), Smallville, Enterprise

Favorite food ? Mexican, Itallian, or good ol' junkfood

Favorite actors/actresses ? Don't really have any favorites

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? LIsten to music, or pop in a DVD

What do you most regret doing? ? Nothing I'm going to admit to. ;)

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why? At fist I thought this said "meet", I'd like to meet Superman and Batman, Lucille Ball or Lucy Riccardo, I don't think I want to be anone else.
    What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? I'm a student in college

What's your dream job? ? Producing my own animated series, or producing an epic series of films, or running a big business empire. :p

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? Tatooine might be cool with Mos Eisley, otherwise I like Bespin's Cloud City

What things do you want to achieve in life before you die? (name 3) ? Make some real money, do a cartoon series, get in shape
  7. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight

star 5
    Your Name - Kam

D.O.B ? 26 April 1977

Yahoo SN - CplKav@yahoo.com

Have you got a website? what is it? - http://community.webshots.com/user/darkjedikam

Favourite Color - Purple

Favorite film(s)(besides SW) ? Chronicles of Riddick (all 3)

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) - Evanecsence

Favorite song(s) - Bring me to life, Broken, featureing Amy Lee

Favorite cartoon as a child (and now hehe..) - Transformers

Favorite Book (up to now) ? Star by Star

Favorite tv programme ? Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Favorite actors/actresses ? Eliza Dusku

What do you do for a living? - Military

8. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Since I'm going to be bugging you all every couple weeks:
    Your Name - Dajuan

D.O.B ? September 10, 1980

Location - St. Louis, MO

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? None, Fan Force is it for me.

AIM SN - Jedi Dajuan

Have you got a website? what is it? - http://www.freewebs.com/dajuancostume

Hobbies ? Math, school, collection, costuming, reading, watching movies, caring for my 4 cats

Favourite Color - blue

Favorite film(s)(besides SW) ? (you mean there are others?!?) Pirates of the Carribbean, Indiana Jones (all of them), Kevin Smith movies (all of them)

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) - The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Who

Favorite song(s) ? Everything by the Beatles, "Bus Stop" by the Hollies

Favorite cartoon as a child (and now hehe..)- Jem and the Holograms

Favorite Book (up to now) ? How about favorite authors? Laurell K Hamiliton and Terry Pratchett

Favorite tv program ? Friends

Favorite food ? Mash potatoes

Favorite actors/actresses ? Ewan McGregor

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? Watch Star Wars, usually ESB

What do you most regret doing? ? not getting a BA in Math, but I'm fixing that now.

Princess Leia. She's always been my hero. Strong, tougher than the guys, and pretty. Not to mention great hair and clothes ;)

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? College, tutoring, work at my local science museum

What's your dream job? ? Realistically teach math, fantasy be a Princess.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? ? Correllia, I mean if they grow them all like Han Solo, life'd be grand.

What things do you want to achieve in life before you die? (name 3) ? Hit the other 5 continents (got N and S America done), get my PhD, and just live a happy life.
  9. Kams_Kitten Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Your Name - Kitten

D.O.B ? 28 May 1975

Yahoo SN - kamskitten@yahoo.com

Have you got a website? what is it? - http://community.webshots.com/user/darkjedikam
    No but Kam is my boyfriend and this his web site and there are picture of both of us.

Favourite Color - Purple

Favorite film(s)(besides SW) ? Heartbreak Ridge

Favorite musical artist(s) or group(s) - Jet, Grecthen Wilson

Favorite song(s) - Cold Hearted B**ch, Red Neck Women

Favorite cartoon as a child (and now hehe..) - Garfield

Favorite Book (up to now) ? Anita Blake Vampire Slayer

Favorite tv programme ? M*A*S*H

Favorite actors/actresses ? Clint Eastwood

What do you do for a living? - Secretary
  10. pretender Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I thought I'd bump this thread incase any one else wants to introduce themselves.

:)
  11. GeneralCrespin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thanks, pretender. :)

Your Name: Aviv

D.O.B: April 14, 1988

Other message boards you visit (and your username): Official Elder Scrolls Forums (Sternreisender), X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project Forums (General Edor Crespin)

AIM: Sternlaufstuck

Have you got a website? what is it? http://crespin.xwlegacy.net , http://gec.karnifarm.com

Hobbies: Star Wars, The Elder Scrolls, science fiction (old novels/short stories/pulps, mainly), computers, reading (just about anything), writing

Favourite Color: I like a lot of colours.

Favorite Films (beside SW): Ohh, too many to list. Shrek, Shrek 2, The Hunt for Red October, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Matrix, Pirates of the Carribean, Men in Black, and others I can't remember.

Favorite Musical Artist(s) or Group(s): VNV Nation, John Williams, Vangelis, and a bunch of country artists.

Favorite Song(s): Beloved, Further, Holding On, Too Close, Honour, by VNV Nation. Too many country songs to list. Much by John Williams, Vangelis. The Planets, by Gustav Holst.

Favorite Cartoon Series: Probably Tom & Jerry, a lot of other old WB cartoons too.

Favorite Book: The Night's Dawn trilogy, by Peter F. Hamilton

Favorite TV Programme: Stargate SG-1

Favorite Food: I don't really know. Ham, schwarma..

Favorite Actors/Actresses: Again, don't really know. Harrison Ford, Sean Connery come to mind..

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? Music, internet, read, gaming, or sleep.

What do you most regret doing?: Hmm. Not going to Israel as much as I could have.

If you could be anyone, dead, alive, or fictional, who would you be and why? Either someone from Morrowind or someone from Star Wars.

What do you do for a living? School, and help my parents.

What's your dream job? Run a used book store, or a computer game designer.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? Coruscant. The hub of civilization...

What things do you want to achieve in life before you die? (name 3) Find my soul mate, write an epic, go to space.
  12. ps2_jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Your Name: Jon

D.O.B: November 24th, 1990 (I Think I am teh Youngin')

Other message boards you visit (and your username): Playstation Undergound (play_stationer) , Nintendo NSider Forums (PLAY_STATIONER)

AIM: animefan5600

Have you got a website? what is it? http://www.geocities.com/animefan5600 , http://www.game-surge.tk

Hobbies: Star Wars, Movies, Reading

Favourite Color: Navy Blue

Favorite Films (beside SW): Shrek, Shrek 2, The Incredibles, The Passion of the Christ, and a Bunch of other ones

Favorite Musical Artist(s) or Group(s): Kutless, Pillar, The Benjamin Gate, Third Day

Favorite Song(s): To Many to List

Favorite Cartoon Series: Rurouni Kenshin, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Inuyasha, Family Guy, and Futurama

Faveorite Book: ShadowMancer G.P Taylor

Favorite TV Program: The Star Wars Christmas Special! (Ha! just Kidding) My Wife and Kids

Favorite Food: Anything Chinese

Favorite Actors/Actresses: Hmmm I dunno about this one..

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down?: Web, Music, Gaming, Or Sitting down and Reading a good book.

What do you most regret doing?: My Math Homework

If you could be anyone, dead, alive, or fictional, who would you be and why? Inuyasha, I would love to Use the Tetsuiga on my Teacher

What do you do for a living?: School and Chores

What's your dream job? Be a DJ, Or Design Games, or something in IT

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why?: Coruscant, The whole friggin' planet is one huge City!

What things do you want to achieve in life before you die? (name 3) Have a Family, Own a Buisness, dand be Blessed.
  13. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Your Name - Jeff

D.O.B ? July 14, 1983

Other message boards you visit (and your username) ? Just about everywhere that I post, I'm YodaJeff

AIM SN - I'm set to buddy list only, so even if I gave it out, most people couldn't talk to me. PM me if you want it, though, and I could add you to my list.

Have you got a website? what is it? - [link=http://www.yodajeff.com/]YodaJeff.com[/link] (I know, I'm creative)

Hobbies ? I have over 14,000 posts here, with at least a couple thousand more at other boards. I think that should be self-explanitory.

Favourite Color - green

Favorite film(s)(besides SW) ? (you mean there are others?!?) - Seriously, there are others?

Favorite song(s) ? it seriously changes every day, depending on my mood

Favorite Book (up to now) ? Where the Red Fern Grows

Favorite tv programme ? South Park seems to be the only one I watch on a regular basis anymore

Favorite food ? anything homemade

How do you cheer yourself up, when you're feelin' down? ? music, internet, talk to friends

What do you most regret doing? ? Nothing, everything seems to happen for a reason.

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) Who would you be and why? - Myself. I don't see the point in being someone else.

What do you do for a living? (apart from breathing ) ? Student half the time, engineer the other half.

What's your dream job? ? Hmm. Lately, I've been thinking that being a roller coaster engineer at Cedar Point would be awesome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.