Introducing Durge

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by The2ndQuest, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    For those interested, I posted a summary of Republic #51, which introduces Durge, here:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10951972

I'm still not sure what to think of his character, but he's certainly tough and nasty- so he should make a good villian ::)
  2. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    I think this is Durge on the cover of this upcoming Young Boba Fett novel:
    hunted

3. IEatPoodoo Force Ghost

star 4
    Does anyone know what the backstory is for Ventress?
  4. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    All we know is she was trained by Dooku in the ways of the darkside, but not in the ways of the Sith.

She believes Mace Windu is among the Jedi responsible for abandoning her former master to his death.
  5. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    In Republic #53, they've made Durge out to be a little too uber-tastic. I mean, he keeps fighting while he gets his arms burnt off in lava?
  6. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah- though I'm still holding off final judgement until they reveal just what the heck he is, perhaps then it'll make sense and won't seem as "uber" ::)
  7. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, that was a little wierd when he just jumps right into the lava. I really dont like Durge as a character I dont like his cocky talkative attitude. I perfer the silent Boba Fett that lets his actions do the talking. Anyway, all I'm saying is that he should just get killed soon preferably by Boba (might seem a little absured, but oh well) he just needs to be stopped.

Forcebewitya!
  8. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    We should see Durge introduced in the cartoon this week, right? I really don't like him much in the comics. Hopefully the cartoon will change my mind.
  9. snap-hiss Force Ghost

star 5
    I read an article in which the director said that Durge would be in the third cartoon, which would be the chapter set for Tuesday.

!snap
  10. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I probly wouldn't want to see him in Episode 3, but I think he fits in quite nicely with the look of Clone Wars.

I don't see him at all as a cross between Jango and Vader, because his personality seems to be quite different form both of them.

I see him more as a cross between Robocop, Rambo and the Terminator. :)
  11. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Since I haven't met Durge in the books/comics yet, I'll be basing my opinions on him in the cartoon.

Still, from what I've seen, he looks pretty cool :)
  12. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just checked, and I believe it's the fourth chapter Durge is in, not the third.
  13. masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yup, he and his IG-88 biker gang rip the Republic army a new one... until Obi shows up with his special Clone Lancer unit. ;)
  14. Darth_Tynaus Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought Durge was at least interesting. However I am withholding full judgement untill I have seen a lot of him.
  15. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Durge enters the scene tonight, right? Here's hoping he's not as silly in the cartoon.
  16. masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  17. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  18. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    No, I think he means that he hopes: "Durge isn't as silly (as he is in the comics, when he appears) in the cartoon"
  19. darth_paul Force Ghost

star 5
    Tonight, mortals, ye shall hear the voice of Durge, and tremble.
  20. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Let's hope that it's better than Asajj's voice.
  21. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  22. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    > Tonight, mortals, ye shall hear the voice of Durge, and tremble.

"Meesa Durge. Whosa you?"

23. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    No, he means cartoon.

Yes, I said it right. If I were refering to the comics, I would've added another "as" and said "comics". ;)

And, so far, I'm pleased. Durge didn't say anything silly tonight. After seeing Chapter 4, my hatred has kinda shifted from "man, what a stupid character" to "man, how dare he whoop up on the Republic." That's good. :D
  24. darth_paul Force Ghost

star 5
    Tonight, mortals, ye shall hear the voice of Durge, and tremble.

Err.... Or not. Which seems a switch from his characterization in the comics, I can't believe that Durge wouldn't say anything to the Banking Clan guy. This is a switch to more of the silent Boba Fett type character, which isn't bad, but isn't Durge.

Edit: Fixed the markup codes.

-Paul
  25. Darth-Malt-Liquor Jedi Padawan

I liked him a lot. He reminded me of Darth Maul I really like they they show him being in the front of the pack FEARLESS isnt he. They were taking out the clones fairly easy though (kind of cheesy). I didnt see them take out any ARC troopers though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.