main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Introducing Jaina05

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jaina05, Jun 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Mike Stackpole and Aaron Allston wrote the X-Wing books, not Kevin J. Anderson.

I loved the novel of Frankenstein. I found it more interesting than any movie I had seen of the character. The way that the monster plotted revenge against his creator was fascinating. I read an edition that had illustrations by Bernie Wrightson. In contrast, I tried reading Dracula by Bram Stoker, but found it so dry I couldn't finish it.

Phil

2. Keiran_Halcyon

Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2001
    Wow! three pages and it's only a topic about an introduction. Anyway I haven't read all the comic books, I've read practically all the NOVELS. I still have to read Cloak of Deception and the Lando Calrissian series then I'll be caught up.

3. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Right, Stackpole! For some reason I get him and KJA confused on a pretty regular basis, in a switchback kinda way. Both of them being examples of the more prolific authors as far as the EU. (Count on MER to point out errors faster than the speed of light, folks! He has a very comprehensive SW enclycopedia right in his head. ;) )

Like I said, I loved the ideas in Frankenstein, and where she took the story, and how in-depth she went into the monster's pysche. I just thought her writing style and presentation were the pits. I kept reading, b/c I kept wanting to know more, but it was simultaneously extremely painful going. And yousa point is well seen about the book being better than the movies. Movies have a hard time getting inside the minds of characters.

Ya know, "they" are always remaking movies, figuring they can tell it better than the last guy. Too bad "they" never rewrite novels. I'm sure someone else could stay true to the original while giving it a better flow.

4. Jaina05

Jaina05 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    As of now my total Star Wars Novel count is 37. I have still to read the Allston x-wing novels, Han Solo Trilagy, Han Solo/Lando Callirisian(sp?) adventures, the bounty hunter trilagy, Darth Maul Shadow hunter/Sabateur, cloak of deception, and tails of the bounty hunters. I think that's it. :D

-Jaina
    0('')0

5. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    how about the discovery and annihilation of various "killing machines" in the SW EU ?!?! Give me a break. That's probably my biggest EU pet peeve.

My favorite line from the EU novels:

"Oh no! Not another superweapon!" - Han Solo, Darksaber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.