main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Introducing the Collectors Guild

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    OK, here we go:

Northridge TRU: The Battle of Hoth Set (of which I picked one up--it has a nice Tauntaun w/removable guts, a never-been-done R3 droid, Hoth Leia, Hoth Luke, and a really nice-looking Chewie), several newer waves of figures, most notably the Pit of Carkoon Boba Fett series. None of the Clone Wars figures with the grayish cards yet--I haven't seen many of those around. They also seemed to have some newer Action Fleet stuff.

Northridge Target: Pretty blah, but they did have the cinema scenes 3-packs that the Menomenee Falls Target had. On an unrelated note, they also had the new McFarlane NFL figures, which look really nice. If anyone sees a Shaun Alexander (RB for the Seattle Seahawks) out there, can you please let me know? My buddy is friends with him, and I know he'd like one (and seeing how he's in Iraq right now, I doubt he'll be able to pick one up himself).

Northridge Walmart: Didn't get to it due to time restraints.

That's it for now, I suppose. If anyone sees anything new and exciting out there, please post it so your fellow collectors have a shot at it before the scummy dealers in the area get to it!

Happy Hunting!

Jason

2. JAKEFETT

JAKEFETT Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2003
    Walmart hwy 100 & layton

analysis droids from the deleted scenes

clone war anakin with new card

Lama su with young clone (5yr old?)

Hoth Han solo with lightsaber

Luke skywalker ROTJ duel.

different Count Dooku (I forget what the caption read)

The luke skywalker was pretty cool. He's holding his lightsaber over his head ready to strike down.

I forced myself not to buy any. But then I went to BestBuy and bought gamecube $100 and Rogue Squadron 2. Some discipline.

3. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Easy there, Jakefett. I've gotcha beat--I bought the Gamecube for $150, and my only game at the time was Rogue Leader. Careful, its addictive. Oh, and by the way, the guidebook is hard to find (I've tried every Gamestop in the area, looking for new and used copies), but I'm trying to score one on Ebay--after playing "Leader" for a while, let me know if you're interested in borrowing it (assuming I can get the stupid thing). Have fun!

Jason

4. VadersArmpit

VadersArmpit Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2003
    Is there going to be another Guild meeting soon?

5. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Yeah--I'm kinda working on that. My problem over the last 2 months has been a rather nasty 6-day a week work schedule, coupled with obligations on my Sundays from now until November. I may be able to do something here sometime in early to mid November. I would of course support any of our fellow collectors volunteering their facilities for a little get-together as well, and I'd do my best to be there if it was this month.

Jason

6. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Is anyone here interested in action figures from the newly released (though I've yet to see them in stores, myself) Clone Wars action figures? I stumbled onto a case of them (4 each of Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, ARC Trooper) and have some lying around.

PM me if you are interested.

7. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Jason, if you need a guide book for Rogue Leader, you can get one from Nintendo. That's where I got mine.

8. FennShysha

FennShysha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    KB Southridge - The good news is that everything is 30% off but the bad news is they don't have any new inventory. I got a Playskool Millenium Falcon and Tie Fighter for $21 a piece.

Toys R Us 27th and Howard - Not much here unless you are trying to build a Snaggletooth army.

Jason I bought a Rogue Squadron Strategy guide when the game was released so if we ever have one of these meetings you can take it off my hands.

9. JAKEFETT

Mar 10, 2003
    Haven't been seeing much at Toys R Us lately either but they did have unleashed Darth Sidious and Obi wan. How about an army of giant Tauntauns?

Tie fighter for 21 bucks. That is definitely too hard to resist. Brookfield was out of them today, hopefully Southridge has more.

10. Jedi_Wookiee

Jedi_Wookiee Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    I was thinking of hosting a meeting at our new place, it's in the Johnson Creek System. A bit of a hike but I've been reading the boards for a while (and been off-line for past 4 months) but I still haven't met any of you folks yet in person. Mrs. Wookiee (Kirsten) loves to host parties and we'd love to have you over. Sundays would be great. I was thinking of November 10th. What do ya think? Johnson Creek is about 40 minutes from Milw. I know it's a hike but I'd love to meet ya instead of throwin' out a line here and there on the net:)

11. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I've driven from here to San Francisco. 40 minutes in the car is a piece of cake. ;)

12. Jedi_Wookiee

Sep 4, 2002
    Okay, I guess nobody is really interested in a get together at my place right now so Nov the 9th is a "No Go". I invited folks on two diff boards but only one response in more than a week. I'm not having much luck actually meeting this group:(

13. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    If you're still up for a get-together...my wife and I are up for it. I haven't been to these boards much lately...don't give up on us yet.

14. Jedi_Wookiee

Sep 4, 2002
    Okay, how about Sunday, November 16th. My wife and I will be delighted to have anyone interested over for some snacks, a movie and some smiles. PM me for directions. A couple from across the way will join us and we all love Star Wars and meeting people. Please let others know about it if you chat with them and have them PM me if they intend to come so I can make sure to have enough Jawa-juice:)

PLACE: Johnson Creek (town 1/2 way to Madison, too small to attract the attention of the empire but large enough to host a get together)
    TIME: Sunday, Nov. 16th at 6:30 pm

P.S. Thanks Jason

15. JAKEFETT

Mar 10, 2003
    It's only a fifteen minute ride by broomstick.

16. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    OK, so it's been a while since I've checked in here. I hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas--even though it was nearly impossible to find anything half-decent in the way of SW action figures during December. Any news out there? Anyone locate anything of note lately?

I picked up the deluxe General Riekaan and the deluxe Wampa today from TRU Brookfield--it was the last of each. They also had the deluxe 3PO w/escape pod. Retail was $10.99 or so, which I was happy to pay, seeing as how I've had to wait for decent new product from Hasbro for a while. I also noticed Target in Menomonee Falls had many of the Clone Wars Figures, and although I'm not wild about the EU stuff, I did pick up the Asajj Ventress figure, if for no other reason than she looks cool.

I have also spotted the McQuarrie Stormtrooper once or twice, but it really didn't hold my attention--it's pretty pedestrian, really. While I'm thinking of it, did anyone ever spot either the Holiday Yoda (Walmart) or the green A-Wing (Target)? These were supposed to be out in December, but I never so much as saw a shelf tag. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I know there's been some interest in another collector's meeting, and I would be happy to host such a meeting, but it will have to wait until late February or early March due to my phenomenal inability to get weekends off. If anyone else would like to host one in the interim, I would think it would be well-received. I will settle on a date and post it here asap. It certainly has been a while, but that might not be a bad thing--we'll have a wider array of new "show and tell" items that we've managed to pick up over the last few months.

Happy Hunting!

Jason

17. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I know this is not a SW collectable, but in case someone might be interested in this sorta thing...

At Nautilus in Bayshore Mall, they have Albert Einstein and Sigmond Freud action figures. No fooling. With tax, Albert ran $10.50 (yes, I bought one). I was going to check the 'Net to see if the company made any others (because a Stephen Hawking or Carl Sagan one would also be neat.

EDIT: Here is the website and the other figures they have...

Accoutrements.com

18. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    Curses....I've been looking for a McQuarrie Trooper. Where did you see them?

19. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    I should have known that. Damn. Umm, let's see...I think it was at the New Berlin Target (by the Ridge). I may also have seen one at TRU in Brookfield, but alsa, those are gone. If I see one, I'll pick up one for you.

20. FennShysha

FennShysha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I bought my Holiday Yoda's from the Star Wars Fan Club and they said it was an exclusive so I don't know if they ever appeared at Wal-Mart.

21. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    That would certainly help explain that.

22. JAKEFETT

Mar 10, 2003
    OK, so it's been a while since I've checked in here
    bwing53

He's alive!

23. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    The holiday Yoda wasn't sold in the stores. It's only available through the fan club.

24. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Barely, Jakefett. Just barely.

25. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    Thanks Jason. I know what you mean by the McQuarrie trooper being "pedestrian". The pix I've seen tell that tale, but I've sort of shifted my collecting from Vader-centric to Stormtrooper-centric. I'm sure you can guess why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.