main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Introduction. No way.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Shira_French_Cheese, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shira_French_Cheese

Shira_French_Cheese Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2010
    Hi. I'm relatively new here as well as to the Expanded Universe of Star Wars which made me a huge fan of the series. Altough being an EU buff, I'm only familiar with a handful of comics and novels. My favorite era is the Old Republic and currently reading through two Tales of the Jedi omnibuses.

I've stumbled upon theforce.net a few times but only primarily for the book and comic reviews so I'm afraid I don't much about the site. The canonity discussion about the ongoing Clone Wars series drew my interest and after skimming through the pages and looking around some more I decided to join.

Since my knowdlege about pretty much anything related to Star Wars is very limited I probably won't know what to say at first. However I'm planning on getting Red Harvest when it comes out so hopefully I will become more talkative after reading it.

Also, I'm not familiar with the character of Lumiya at all even though I use her as my icon. I kind off like her design though.

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Welcome, Shira! :)

Don't worry about limited knowledge, you probably still know more about the EU than me. I haven't read any new Star Wars books in years, but I'm still having plenty of fun here. :p

Since you're interested in the books, you should definitely check out our Literature forum! And I think the Clone Wars board might interest you too. :)

If you're looking for a specific topic of discussion or have any questions about the boards in general, simply post them right here - we'll do our best to answer. ;)

Enjoy your stay! :D

3. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    What Morgaine isn't telling you is that she enjoys researching the boards :p

Still, grab a Jawajuice or YodaSoda and make yourself at home. The boards are filled with all kind of fans. Some are EU scholars, others never read comics and some of us haven't watched the Clone Wars - that's just naming a few kinds.

Adding to the links Morgaine provided, you're also welcome to check out the EU Community. We're a friendly bunch ;)

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Hello and welcome. :D

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Shira_French_Cheese! :)

Interesting name you have choosen. ;) I like the first part of your name. I think I had a character named Shira as well. So, good choice! :D

Morgaine is the best researcher here. Sometimes I wonder how she can find so many good place that fast. So, I just suggest: Follow her links! :)

And don't worry, there are a lot of users who know just a bit of Star Wars or just know a lot of certain parts of the Star Wars universe. So, you'll fit in for sure. And the more you read and post, the more you'll learn. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

6. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Welcome Aboard the board!

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Welcome to theforce.net.

There are many areas around here for all sorts of SW interests.

If you wish to exercise your imagination in roleplaying within the Star Wars universe itself (or other franchise), pop into the RPF (Role Playing Forum) Adoptions thread, and we will see what help we can be.

Alternately, you can jump straight over to the RPF, where we would love to see you.

Sith-I-5
    RPF Adoptions emergency medical hologram

8. Herglic

Herglic Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2010
    Hello

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.