main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Introduction to Social Groups and Threads: Ver 2.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Mikaboshi, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Approved by Jedi_Daniel.

Hello I am Despised1, I would like to extend my personal greeting to all of you who are in your first steps toward a larger galaxy far far away, welcome to theforce.net. You will soon find out that this is the largest site dedicated to Star Wars on the web, and we hope that you will agree with us that it is also the most diverse and best place to enjoy everyones favorite saga. :-B:p

You will come to realize soon enough that there are many different social threads, fan clubs, and other types of organizations on this site, and finding them all can sometimes be a daunting task, even for some of us that have been here for a few years. This thread was originally created to help members new and old in finding these threads as well as making it easier to understand what each thread asks of potential members, the new version of this thread was created mainly due to the age of the old thread, and is here to help provide updated information for all those interested in the current social groups of this site.

In this thread leading members of the more prominent social groups, threads, and fan clubs will gather and let you know what they are all about and how to join if you are interested. Some have long histories here while others are relatively new, but all of them can provide a fun place to socialize and get to know others that frequent this site. If you see anything in this thread that may interest you please feel free to check it out, and if you have any questions regarding them please feel free to send a private message to the group leader or the member who posted the information.

With that being said, welcome again to theforce.net, and I hope you enjoy your time here with us. :)

[link to thread version 1, here]

Now I would like to present to you, the New Sith Order, one of the oldest Dark Side Fan Clubs on this site. We just celebrated our 2 year mark this past October, and we hope to enjoy many more years to come.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/EU_Community/b10194/18420819/?5457]Revenge of the New Sith Order: An EUC Dark Side Fan Club[/link]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/Zepplin/StarWars-NSOpicture.jpg]

Our thread is dedicated to all those in the Star Wars universe who've used the Dark Side in ways that are less than honorable, and also whom oppose all that the light side stands for, and has to offer. Within our thread you will be treated to the many powers the Dark Side has to offer, as well as intelligent discussions about various topics pretraining to the ways of the Sith, Dark Jedi, and the overall Dark Side of the Galaxy Far Far Away.

All this being said, all the information you need to know about the New Sith Order thread is as follows:

To gain admittance into the order all you have to do is post...

[color=red][hl=black]~I give in to the power of the Dark Side~[/color][/hl]

Then you will be added to the list of hopefuls as a "Sith Peon" ( [face_tongue] ) until you meet the requirements of 300 posts, and 3 months active board time, but we would like it if you posted in the meantime so we could get to know each other. If you already meet those requirements you will be added as a "Sith Peon" for a short time to make sure that you actually have an interest in our thread, if you are sponsored in by an existing member you may be able to skip Peon status and join as a regular member right away.

If you have any questions please feel free to stop by any time.

[b][i]MTDSBWY
    ~D1[/i][/b] [face_devil]

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    The Shadow Sith Army

A quite new (8 months old) organisation, we are general helpy helpers, in a Sithly sort of way. More than a Social Thread or Group, our aims are to combat trolling, flaming, spamming, and other such nuisances, on the boards. At the moment, I am the leader, but my term ends in December.

In order to join, you must have had 100 posts and have been a member of the JC for 30 days. In order to attain these 100 posts, please don't spam.

Socks are not allowed to join.

All other relevant information is included in the first post of our thread.

3. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Once you newbies gain 500 posts, you can join the Jedi Trials in the SWC. :) We are a fun a loving community waiting to train you! ;)

Reject the dark side! :)

SWC Jedi Trials v2.0

[face_alien_1]

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    The Darkside has cookies :p

5. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Dark_Lady_Jada You know we have much more than that! We have cookies... and milk!

Youngling if you have an interest in the darker side of things... please visit the NSO, hang out and start up a good conversation with its members... we are constantly searching for new blood to bring in.

6. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    Young ones who want to follow the light side of the force are welcome to join the Galactic Defenders and talk with others who serve the light.

Galactic Defenders

7. -Jacen_Solo-

-Jacen_Solo- Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2006
    Hi I'm a newbie with a question. Exist a New Jedi Order Community not a Community of the Books Series, like the New Sith Order, a Jedi Order. I have read about the Jedi Trials but I have just 3 posts. I need post more or exist another possibily to join to the Jedi Order?

Thanks

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm not that into the different groups and orders, but I think the heads of the Jedi Trial should be able to help you or give you a good hint.
    Other than that I would go through the different indexes, maybe this way you can find one. :)

But don't worry about getting 500 posts. At some boards it might be difficulty, but at this forum you get them much faster than you think. :)

9. -Jacen_Solo-

-Jacen_Solo- Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2006
    Sure, with the 7000 post per day avarege... this forum rokcs!

Thanks.

10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    A lot of the groups don't mind if someone who wants to join hangs out in the thread until they reach the required post totals, actually it is encouraged. It is a good way to get to know the group that you want to join, but when in doubt feel free to PM any of the group members for specifics.

11. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I am Vice-President of the Chewbacca fanclub in the SWC forum...if you would like to join and discuss anything Chewie here's the link

I am also a member of the General Grievous fanclub if you are a fan of the cyborg general here is a link to that as well...:)

12. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005
    I'm posting here to notify all those who are new to the boards that there is a place that all new arrivals are welcomed to join without needing to have certain requirements such as:

A certain number of posts

A certain number of time on the board

Knowing the right people

That place is the Noghri Appreciation Thread

To enter merely hit this link: http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/21922015/p1/?1199 go to the last page and type:

MIDKNIGHT sent me

A general liking of the Noghri is "appreciated" but all are welcomed...

Even those Oldbies who have not come by yet...

13. jedijoker

jedijoker Chosen One star 8

Jul 6, 2004
    [image=http://www.outpost10f.com/ccc/images/login/entry_cccantina.jpg]
    Cloud City Cantina
    A good place to talk :D

Blues Brother to Sidious1:cool:

14. marte

marte Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Upping the thread for new users.

15. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    As my fellow jedi ewok_jedi has mentioned if you are one to follow the lightside of the force. The Galactic Defenders in the EUC is the place you want to be. We train you to be Jedi while having fun and interesting discussions about the force. So if this is your path come and join The Glactic Defenders. Click Right Here!

16. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm posting here to seek out all those who like Barabels. A very fun EU group, we of the Barabel fangroup welcome new members.
    Join the hunt! :D

17. Darth_Walters

Darth_Walters Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2006
    I would like to give all new users the chance to embrace the light side in the SWC Jedi Trials game. We are celebrating the opening of our 3rd edition and are eager to get new members. We will teach you about the light side of the force and to be one with it. Your Jedi adventure will start you off as a youngling then soon a padawan with your own master. Once you become a Jedi Knight you have many options such as learning light saber forms and force powers!

If you wish to join just drop in and post a friendly greeting and we will hopefully sign you up as soon as we can. All are welcomed to join. The Jedi Trials can be found here: http://boards.theforce.net/star_wars_community/b10012/24403264/p1/?543

-Darth Walters, Bear Clan Adviser

18. Lord_H0th

Lord_H0th Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Hi the senate guard is under new managment and we're looking for new members. if you'd like to join post here.
    http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/18738223/r24738849/

19. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    Greetings! I'd like to take a moment to introduce you all to the hottest and most off-the-chain spot in the EUC: The Cult of the Hoojib Puppies! :D

And for those of you who discover yourselves lacking any perverse love for these adorable little rodents, fear not! Beneath our cuddly exterior, we have a greater purpose, one that you find more appealing. If you're interested in details, please send me a PM without hesitation. :)

--Sorridom

20. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    Hey, newbies, midbies, oldbies, and everyone in-between. Looking to make friends? Have fun? Engage in sporadic discussions about all kinds of topics, ranging from the EU, to RL, to who farted? Then head over to the Twin Suns squadron social group in the EUC. We're always looking for new members. I hope you stop by.

Twin Suns Squadron

-Commander Ben Kenobi/Twin Suns 1; Twin Suns Squadron

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Whether you've only just met Dark Lady Lumiya in the latest Star Wars novel, Betrayal, or you've been doggedly following her from the Marvel comics of old, the Lady Lumiya discussion thread is for you!

Lady Lumiya's Disciples

We look forward to seeing you, currently looking to fill positions on our roster!

22. Lord_H0th

Aug 18, 2006
    Another good social thread is the njo fanclub for njo fans.
    http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/11707934/r24757473/

23. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Hello newbies!

Are you looking for friends?
    Fun?
    Chatting?
    Palpatine on a leash?
    Naked Chiss men serving yours truly?
    Insanity?
    Randomness?

Look no further! For I present to you, one of the oldest social threads: The Blue Moon Cantina

For all your chatting, drinks and fun ^^

edit: No comment on my HTML. Damn Neopets.

24. Lord_H0th

Aug 18, 2006
    the senate guard is looking for recruits. its a great social board if you're looking to make friends. you can advance in rank pretty quickly also. pm me if you'd like to join

http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/18738223/r25334115/

25. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Hello, newbies! :D

Are you looking for a way to get involved outside the WNU and make JC friends fast? :)

I have the answer in The Sleepy Palace: a game of clues, murder, and real-life personalities! :D Check the thread out and see if you want to play.

If you want to join, think of a person you'd like to play in-character in-game, who is also a.) alive, and b.) well known. :)

The winner recieves a weeklong VIPship, with customizable colors. But hurry, there's only three more spots left!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.