main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA introduction

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jainasolo11sticks, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    hey everyone, it doesn't seem like we have a lot of people and activity, but i wanted to introduce myself since i'm a newbie :)
    i just got into the eu earlier this summer after hearing a couple of friends raving about the njo. i was only a fan of the films, and didn't read my first novel until a month ago. i'm hooked!! unfortunately, i haven't had time to read enough yet so i'm behind, but i'd love to talk with all of you about it :)
    take care, off to work!
    heather (oh yeah, from charlottesville)

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hey there! You have feinds in the NJO? the academy thread here or just the books? I am from VA.beach! welcome. if you have any questions just pm me and ask away!

3. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    my best friend from high school loves sw, and i didn't see the trilogy until my high school boyfriend let me borrow it (i know, i know, i didn't see it til i was 18!). anyway, my high school best friend is married now, and she, her husband, and all his friends are into the eu. on our way to see atoc earlie this summer, 2 people in the group were discussing the njo. i knew novels existed, but i didn't know anything else about them. i checked out the 4 njo our library had (dark tide and agents of chaos duologies) and was hooked!
    is there anyone else near cville? i saw the richmond post and that's only about an hour from me. are there any official chapters in va yet?

4. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    nope! i'm trying to start on for the hampton roads area! i just need more people!

5. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I might as well introduce myself. My Name is Keith of course, hehe. And I'm a member of the Moisture Farm Co-Op and the 501st. I'm a stormtrooper...TK1210. Been a member of the Co-Op since it started over 3 years ago and a member of the 501st for the past year and half. I read some of the books, here and there. The MFC has a book club that keeps me going. Right now we're reading Splinter of the Minds Eye.

I also RPG, create custom action figures, love SW fan films (we do a fan film fest every 6 months or so), and right now I'm producing an audio drama for the MFC called Rise of Nobility. It's been several years in the making...but we start recording next month.

Whew. Anyhow, as you can see I'm involved in quite a bit. We have a great time up here in Richmond, but it appears maybe DC and Norfolk might finally get their own clubs. Maybe we can all get together one of these days for a big VA party! :) I'm trying to convince our club to have a Halloween SW Karaoke/dancing/poetry and pros party. Hard to explain but it should be a barrel of laughs.

Anyhow, that's it for now.
    Keith

6. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Hey there Keith, that sounds great! let me know.

7. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    sounds great to me too, keep me updated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.