main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Introductions (copy)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Just had to bring this one over...

Author Topic: Introductions...
    Darth Astuart
    Jedi Knight (Moderator) posted 05-23-2000 10:12 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Looks like the chatter is off to a start here. I thought I'd get the ball rolling on the introductions front.
    My name's Matt, my screen name is Darth Astuart. I've been an SW fan since I was about seven. I live in Lincoln Park, just north of Chicago. I'm one of the founders of Chicago Force, the Chicago-area SW fan group that sprang up in the wake of the TPM line.

My fave SW film: Empire

My fave SW character: The Emperor

My fave SW piece of music: Han Solo and the Princess

My fave SW toy: The sucker made from Jar Jar's tongue.

Anyone else wanna offer a brief introduction? Oh, and good to meet y'all!

Matt

------------------
    "I can't believe I'll never believe in anything again..."--Elvis Costello

IP: Logged

JediGemini
    Jedi Knight posted 05-24-2000 10:25 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, I'm Megan and I'm not sure if I should come here or go to the Peoria, IL forum 'cause I live just about inbetween Peoria and Chicago. But I'm here, anyway. Do ya think it's illegal to go to both?
    Anyway, enough babbling.
    I live in LaSalle County, and I've been a fan since they re-released Star Wars in '97. I'm 18 at the moment but I'll be 19 on June 8th, and I am definitely counting down.

As for Star Wars favorites, Empire is my favorite movie at the moment.
    Princess Leia and Queen Amidala are my favorite characters (though Han Solo comes in a close third).
    I love all the Star Wars music (maybe it's because I'm a music major and I love almost all music in general).
    I don't really have a fav. toy, myself, but I do read the Star Wars books and one of my favorites of those would be the most recent New Jedi Order books and that's Onslaught.

So, I guess that's it. Nice to meet you Matt and the rest of you.

TK895
    Jedi Knight posted 05-24-2000 11:00 AM
    Hello all,
    My name is Michael and I am a Star Wars fan. Have been since ANH came out in the theatres. Yup, I'm that old. 35 to be exact. I live way up north, almost in Wisconsin, but not quite.

My alter ego is TK895 he is the Midwest Garrison Commander of the 501st Legion. We are a Stormtrooper costuming group. There are over 200 of us all over the world. In the 5 state region that I coordinate we have over 20 troopers, 1 Darth Vader, 1 Emperor, and a few bounty hunters.

If you ever saw a Stormtrooper in the paper or on TV in the last year or so it was probably one of us.

Feel free to e-mail me anytime.

Later

------------------
    TK895
    Midwest Garrison Commander
    501st Legion

Darth Jurist
    Jedi Knight posted 05-24-2000 11:39 AM
    Well, I'm gonna cheet and use my bio from the web page:

Heather (aka Darth Jurist) is a lifelong Star Wars nerd who only recently made the leap from casual fan to fanatic. Her favorite overall SW character is Obi Wan Kenobi (either the old or the young version, depending on her mood), favorite movie is Jedi, and her favorite soundtrack is TPM. While knowing more about SW than your average trooper-down-the-street, Heather does not consider herself a trivia buff, so woe upon those of you who pick her to be on your trivial pursuits team! Heather loves to collect SW figures (mostly the new EPI stuff) and also counts ST, B5, X-files, LOTR, and other assorted Sci-Fi amongst her interests. Other than standing in line for tickets last May, Heather's favorite CF events have been the sci-fi cons where she can wear costumes, play "Hostess-with-Mostest" and generally have fun with other sci-fi freaks.

'Bou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.