main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Introductions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    In an effort to keep things alive here...

How about we start a place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about why you are a star wars fan, for how long have you been a fan, and what you would envision a club like this to be about/ do.

2. marcus1632

marcus1632 Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2003
    Hello

My name is David. I have been a star wars fan sence A new hope first came out. I have just found your fourm. I live in richmond and would like to be apart of the group. When are the next meetings going to be?

3. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Welcome to the group :)

Currently we do not have a set meeting schedule, as you can see in another thread we are planning events and would like to keep things looking that way for the time being.

I see you found the thread and posted. On Sunday I am going to be making a decision based on the current votes on time/ date. If you would like to suggest a location, there is a third thread where you can find the list of lanes.

Welcome again and feel free to pm and ask anything you need to know :)

4. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    since you all want to know even more about me...
    i'm heather and i *don't* live in richmond but it's the nearest city to me (oh yeah, and i kind of like the people too).
    i didn't see the trilogy until i was a senior in high school and my boyfriend said "i can't believe it, you HAVE to see it." i saw it, loved it, and looked foward to episode 1.
    i liked episode 1 (hey, i hadn't grown up with the trilogy, and in a way, 1-3 are "my" trilogy) and spent too much $$ on action figures.
    in between 1 and 2 i just got one cool source book. then 2 comes out, the movie is cool, i don't buy any action figures, and that was that. UNTIL....a friend says "you know, the novels are cool. i used to read them in middle school."
    SO since i hadn't really read anything besides textbooks for 4 years, i checked out a few njo books from the library (i remember my friend mentioned those specifically). i wasn't expecting to like it because it was sci-fi writing and i wasn't really a big fan.
    but after one page i was hooked. and when i got home, i got on the net, found fanforce, the mfc, costuming ideas, etc.
    and now i'm here....yea!

5. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    I'm Ann, I remember going to see ROTJ and not letting my mom wash the glasses we got from Burger King that related to the movie. I was 5 at the time, the glasses are still in her upper kitchen cabinet. I saw the movies on tv several times until high school when I finally broke down and bought the trilogy. I also began to read the books in the mid 90's. It wasn't until after I graduated from college that I looked into meeting with other fans. Mainly because I was looking for people to go to celebration 2 with. That worked out well for me by knowing other fans in Richmond. I'm hoping someone else in the area will want to wait in line at least 24 hours, hopefully more for episode 3 and that we can go to celebration in 20005.

6. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    i'm willing to wait in line :)

7. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    No lines for me. I think its a waste of time.and i have too much to do as it is.

As for celebration 3...I will have my tickets and hotel the day they announce indy officially.

8. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    Hey there I am Greg in Short Pump and I am a FAN. I just appreciate the stype of story telling that lucas puts out. I like the fantasy aspect especially the lightsabers. The GREATEST weapon in the world. And that they put Samuel L. Jackson as the BAD A** M*F* Jedi Master in the world :) If the"*" as replacement to letters offends anyone I do apologize and just tell me and I will not do it again. Well I look forward to talking to you all soon

podcivc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.