main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Introductions!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Author Topic: Introductions!!
    maveric
    Jedi Knight posted 06-24-2000 11:23 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alright! This is a folder for people to post their bios!
    My name is Joshua Gregory. I live in Mishawaka, IN. I am a system admin.

Fan Info: I am 22, so I didn't get the opportunity to see SW in the theatre when it was released. I have always loved the Star Wars movies, but I didn't become a "fan" until just before Episode 1" I was one of the crazies who saw Ep1 at the 12:01am showing. I then saw it 3 more times that day! All in all, I saw the movie 14 times in the theatre before it was pulled.

Favorite SW Movie: Empire Strikes Back. What can I say? "Luke I am your father" just blew me away!

Favorite SW Character: The Emporer from Jedi

Favorite SW music: That music they played during the last duel in Episode 1. (I think it's called Duel of the Fates) Kewl.

Favorite SW Toy: The lightsabers! I've got scarred knickles from lightsaber fights with friends that have gone too far!

SW Books Read: Star Wars: A New Hope, Truce At Bakura, Rogue Planet, Vector Prime. I have purchased Dark Tide 1 & 2, but I haven't had time to read them yet.

Favorite SW Collectable: Well, I'm not sure if it's collectable, but I got my hands on the Ep1 video - the Cantonese version. What makes this so funny is that I recieved the tape about a month after Ep1 was released in theatres! I'm not sure if it was a bootleg or what. I've also got a copy of the Star Wars Christmas Special. It's horrible!

Hobbies: I enjoy making videos, and I'd love to make a video for TFN fan films sometime. I also play Star Wars RPG.

Well, that's all for now!

Joshua Gregory

[This message has been edited by maveric (edited 07-31-2000).]

IP: Logged

Empyre
    Jedi Knight posted 06-28-2000 09:53 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am Todd Hartleb. I am an 19 year old Sys Admin/Office Manager. Maveric, how are we crazy for seeing the 12:01 showing. We are the true fans making up for the unfortunate timing of our birth. I managed to see Episode I 18 times before it was finally pulled. Some of you may remember me. I was one of the four people in the very front of the ticket line along with Tom Adams(25 times, can anyone beat that?), Dave Guthrie, and Paul Mclaurin.
    Favorite Character: Stormtroopers
    [This message has been edited by Empyre (edited 06-28-2000).]

Kawphy
    Padawan posted 06-28-2000 09:12 PM
    Well imagine that...
    Hello Emyre. I'm David Guthrie.

Kawphy
    Padawan posted 06-28-2000 09:22 PM
    Fan Info: I'm 19, and didn't really become a fan until Episode I. I had gotten excited about the special edition, and did go the first day, but I didn't camp out or anything. I saw each twice in the theatre. For episode I, I camped out for 2 days and managed to see it 14 times in theatre. Since then I have built up a HUGE collection of toys by buying out Goodwill any time they have a 1/2 off sale. I've even found a few original action figures (including Boba Fett). I was camped out at Movies 14 for episode one... you'll recognize me as the man in the black bolwer hat with all the lightsabers, the remote control speeder bike, and the Artoo cardboard standup (all in my Big Red Van, God rest it's soul...).
    Favorite SW Movie: Jedi. I actually bought in to the crap about it being the worst becuase I'm so into film and I concede most (mind you, not all) of the criticisms are valid criticisms of film (I love ewoks, don't you?) - however this film just pulls all the rest together. And the redemption of Vader is the deepest concept in the whole trilogy. As a philosophy student, I go for that sort of thing

Favorite SW Character: Artoo by far

Favorite SW music: Yeah,

2. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Heavens, i don't think I ever replied to anyone's greetings. Thank you -- 3 months late but oh well!

3. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    I forgot you were around Juwanna. Are you going to chicago this weekend also? If you don't know what I am talking about look at chicago's board under holiday special.

4. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Didn't go (obviously). How was it?

5. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    It was nice. Best part though was to finally meet Le_Penguin and Mos Eislesian Radio and someone who I can't remember who it was. Darn it. Sorry, I will post who you were soon.

6. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    can't believe i missed out

7. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Yep, It sounded like you had a good time Emp. Sorry to bail on you at the last minute! We'll all have to get together and do something in OUR TOWN. I know I've been saying that for months...but I really mean it this time. I'm thinking we should go play pool or watch a movie. The end of January is the best time for me. I should also have TPM, ANH, ESB, ROTJ on DVD by then. (no questions :) )

What do you all think?

Oh, Skidder...you're new aren't ya? Nice to meet you!

8. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    We both have been saying that. Any time before March should be good for me. I will be taking an easy semester since the classes I need I was unable to get into.
    Basket Weaving 101 here I come.

9. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    What do you think about Saturday, February 10th?

10. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    nice to meet you too.

11. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    Sounds good for me.
    Now to decide on a place

12. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I think I'll start a topic about this...

13. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    Fan info: Charles DiGiovanna, 19 year old male, didn't see TPM at midnight (sigh) but 8 o'clock. Was born in time to see Jedi, but didn't all the same. (dern parents) Didn't actually see any Star Wars movie until late 6th grade, at the prodding of a friend and a science teacher, who got me started with all sci-fi. (Favorites aside from Star Wars: Anything Isaac Asimov, Star Trek (the Next Gen mainly) and Dune)

Favorite SW movie: Right now, Empire, it switches between Empire and Jedi

Favorite SW Character: Wes Janson

Favorite SW music: I've said this in other posts, it's called the Force Theme, first played during the suns setting scene on Tatooine. There is no one song made up only of the theme, which saddens me, oh well, maybe in II or III. (Hey Mr. Williams!!) Nice pronouncements of it: End of JEdi during the burning of Vader's body armor, the alternate version, and when Anakin leaves his mother.

Favorite SW Toys: Any glue-together model, especially the Y-wing and A-wing. Also my self-contstructed lightsaber

Favorite Star Wars Collectible: Either the Yoda belonging to the 11" figure series or the y-wing for the 3 1/4" figures (which I don't have! Boo-hoo!) Also my first edition Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu

SW books read: Look out everyone
    Rogue Planet
    The Han Solo Trilogy
    Paradise Snare
    The Hutt Gambit
    Rebel Dawn
    The Adventures of Lando Calrissian
    The Mindharp of Sharu
    The Han Solo Adventures
    Han Solo at Star's End
    Han Solo's Revenge
    Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
    Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye
    Shadows of the Empire
    Truce at Bakura
    X-wing: Rogue Squadron
    X-wing: Wedge's Gamble
    X-wing: The Krytos Trap
    X-wing: The Bacta War
    X-wing: Wraith Squadron
    X-wing: Iron Fist (my favorite of all the novels)
    X-wing: Solo Command
    The Courtship of Princess Leia
    X-wing: Isard's Revenge
    the Thrawn Trilogy
    Heir to the Empire
    Dark Force Rising
    The Last Command
    The Jedi Academy Series
    Jedi Search \
    Dark Apprentice } I, Jedi
    Champions of the Force /
    Children of the Jedi
    Darksaber
    Planet of Twilight
    X-wing: Starfighters of Adumar
    The Crystal Star
    The Black Fleet Crisis
    Before the Storm
    Sheild of Lies
    Tyrant's Test
    The New Rebellion
    The Correllian Trilogy
    Ambush at Correllia
    Assault at Selonia
    Showdown at Centerpoint
    The Hand of Thrawn Duology
    Specter of the Past
    Vision of the Future
    Young Jedi Knights
    Heirs of the Force
    Shadow Academy
    Lightsabers
    Darkest Knight
    Jedi Under Seige
    Vector Prime
    Dark Tide
    Onslaught
    Ruin
    Agents of Choas
    Hero's Trial
    Jedi Eclipse
    Balance Point

Dark Empire I and II
    Union
    Star Wars Manga
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi #4
    X-wing
    The Making of Baron Fel
    In the Empire's Service

Hobbies: Making model lightsabers from metal pipes and PVC, Writing Short (sci-fi) stories, acting, and the SW RPG.

That's about all

14. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Hey KnnOs, I just happen to have that y-wing figure right here....you want this, don't you?

Man, you sure have read a lot of SW books! I don't think I've even read that many books in my lifetime, let alone just SW.

If you are into making your own lightsabers, you should create your own website and sell them! Light parksabers.com, or sell them on e-Bay, they would sell like hotcakes! Whatever that means.

You, me and Empyre should get together and make a fan film.

15. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    After rereading the intros I understand why you refused all the drinks I tried to push on you, Empyre.

16. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    BOBAFEMME! (Screamed in my best Whazzup voice)

Good to see your name around here. Although, I didn't understand your reference to Emp's drinking....I couldn't find any reference in any of his posts above that relate to it. Could you enlighten me?

17. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    Robbie Rea, 22

Lived in Hudson Lake up untill I got married and moved to South Bend.

Favorite SW Movie: The Matrix.. uhh, I mean Empire Strike Back

Favorite SW Character: Darth Vader (just proves that you can make mistakes and still turn out good)

Favorite SW Toy: My Darth Vader miniture helmet my friend Shawn got me.

Books Read:
    Dark Tide
    Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Agents Of Chaos
    Balance Point
    Bector Prime
    Rogue Planet
    Spector Of the Past
    Star Wars: Encyclopedia (not all the way)
    Tales
    The Bounty Hunter Wars
    Essential Guide To Droids
    Essential Guide To Vehicles And Vessels
    Essential Guide To Weapons And Technology
    The Han Solo Trilogy
    The Star Wars Triology
    Vision Of Futrue
    YJK: The Fall Of The Diversity Alliance
    YJK: Under The Black Sun

Anyone selling their books they have read? Let me know

Hobbies & Interests: Family & Friends, computers, paintball, mountain biking, movies, home theater, R/C Cars, models, X-Files, reading

Goal of the Year: Complete the LaPorte Triathlon without keeling over

18. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    You know, South Bend must be the birthplace of techies. We now have three Sysadmins and an IT manager. KnnOs doesn't really count as being from South Bend because he is just going to school here and Kawphy gave up a career in a technical field. I can vouch for his skills. So of our huge group all but one are technically inclined but that one is just visiting.

Oh yeah welcome BaseDeltaZero. You should join us for one of our meetings. The next one is ... uh ... let me get back to you on that. But thank you for extending the challenge to XMaveric and I. I might now find a reason to get off my bum and actually do some work. I can actually show Maveric my awesome HTML skills. Then again there is something called inertia that might intervene.

19. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I just noticed that Emypre was under 21 in the intro. What an upstanding citizen!

And now that I've enlightened you... What did I tell you pre-food foraging?

20. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    OIC. You didn't really tell me anything. I was just pulling your chain ;) You said something like "See if you can find me some food. I need to get some in me soon."

21. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    You are too much! I was thinking of all sorts of embarrassing things I could have said.

22. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I know. :)

23. chitwood

chitwood TheForce.Net co-owner star 4 VIP

May 12, 1999
    My name is Josh. I run a little Star Wars website. Have any of you heard of TheForce.Net? :)

I live about 20 minutes from University Park Mall ... shop there quite often. Actually live in Michigan, but this is my forum.

Josh

24. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    The leader of theforce.net in our own backyard. What are the odds. Nice to hear from you Joshua.

25. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    HeHeHe Don't let him kid you.... The Guy Thinks he runs things (wink wink)

Greetings all the the great Hoosier North. Stop by the Indy Knights thread and seee what we are cooking up :)

Peace

Fellow Hoosier and TFn Staffer

Xizor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.