main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Introductions!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Hi Bamboleo

and welcome to the boards

feel free to say hi.....I too, am a Chicago person,

but am now sort of in the North Suburbs....Palwaukee airport area,

Ed

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Welcome! :)

If you are into books, thre's a meeting coming up Aug 27. If you are into collecting, there's a meeting in Wheaton on the 21st. Check out the banner or the Chicago Force calendar for upcoming events.

3. Jedi_Meatbag

Jedi_Meatbag Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    May as well jump on this wagon as well!

Long story short, name's Jayson, 25 years old, been a fan since I first saw Ep.IV back in '85, joined Chicago Force right after the Matthew Stover signing, only signed up here a week ago or so.

4. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Hi Jayson,

and welcome......hope to see more of you here and at
    ChicagoForce.org

and at any of the (wish I could attend them all) Star Wars happenings and club meetings.

Ed

5. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Well guess its my turn

Name John
    Age 27
    Live in Hoffman Estates
    Job retail store manager (sucks i hate it)
    Fan since birth my parents wanted to go see ANH in the summer of 78 for the rerelease it only was like a month after i was born and they didnt want to leave me with a sitter so they took me along and they tell me that i loved it plus my first word ever spoken was VADER

Member of CF- actually I,ve been a member for a awhile but stuipd me forgot my orginal log in so i had to create a new one so it appears im a newbie

fav movie Empire but Sith is a very very very close second

Well I take no pride in tellin anyone this but I live the typical Star Wars sterotype
    Yes im in my late 20's and yes I live in my parents basement:_| and yes I dont have a girlfriend:_| (but just for the record I have dammit and yes I even kissed them to [face_devil] ) and yes i have a dead end job that is not getting me anywear:_| and yes my room is covered in SW posters and other stuff _ im so ashamed:_|

I do collect not as much as i use to though I have pretty much all the POTF figrues from 95-98 as well some other stuff I love books however I didnt read all the NJO it was just to damm long I also am in to the costumin side of it I have home Jedi robes which i must say thank god there are finally patterns because I cant sew so for **** and in hoping to some how make (if I can ever firgue it out) but a Imperial officers uniform however i want one like they had in ROTS

other stuff im in to writing (hoping to be a filmmaker some day [face_praying] ) playing sports and watching my beloved Cubs fail ever single year of my life[face_frustrated]
    and of course making fun of people i mean come on sarcasm is a lonely man's best friend:D
    Ive been hoping to meet some other CF'ers so hopefully i will in the future but i understand if you dont want to meet me :_|

6. Malakiili

Malakiili Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    My turn, then.
    I'm not usually much into posting on boards (too lazy), but discussion was lively at the Errant Venture meeting today, so I figured, what the heck.
    My real name's Jason, and my Social Security # is 342-185-3674. My favorite thing about Star Wars right now is probably the EU novels- I love how they open up avenues for further thinking about the history, structure, and philosophies of the GFFA. I'm one of those types who thought the best part of the prequels was the politics. I've only been in the area since December, and I live with my lovely wife and my purebred mutt dog. I love to try just about anything as far as games, sports, amusements, etc., although I'm not very skilled at anything in particular.
    If this sounds all stilted, it's because intros usually are, eh?

PS. No, that's not my real SS#. I mean, geez.

7. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    lol....some great introductions....

8. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    i am continually proud and pleased by CF's ability to attract true smartasses to our ranks. welcome!

9. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    It was good to meet you at book club. I did try that SSN and will shortly receive $188/month for my retirement. Thanks!

10. Malakiili

Malakiili Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    Told you it wasn't mine. All I'M getting for retirement is two tins of dog food a day, but, hey, at least it's not the dry stuff.

11. doc4converse

doc4converse Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    I thought I would bump this back up the thread list for any new people. Heck, I am rather new myself.

Malakiii, I will have a tin of cat food to share....

Edit: I am old, but I am a new member to CF

12. Janqui

Janqui Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    Hi:) My Jedi name is Janqui or aka real name Pat
    I live in Joliet. I finally got these boards up & running correctly on my computer--it took quite awhile--I had problems with the registration working correctly. Oh well.
    I'm retired & old in body but young in mind. I've enjoyed Star Wars since it originally came out, then in 1995 I started collecting Star Wars & now I have gotten much more involved with Star Wars since Star Wars Celebration 3 in April,2005. It was the 1st event like that I went to & decided to get interested in it since my husband passed away from cancer 3 yrs before. Right now I'm trying to get my Star Wars room set up in my house, I have a 12 X 14 room set aside & when I'm done it will be loaded with Star Wars. Everything has been in storage the last couple of years.
    I like to travel, read books & now I like to do dress in Jedi costume. I have a few members of my family living with me, who are also now getting a bit more interested in Star Wars since I've gotten more involved with volunteering at events in costume.
    I've become a part of the The Jedi Assembly, & The Rebel Legion as a costumed Old Republic Jedi. I went to Dragon Con 2005 this year & found out I liked going to Sci-Fi conventions, meeting people & being in costume. I'm looking forward to many more Star Wars or Sci-fi events in the future.
    I'm finding out that it's wonderful to talk to other people on line about something that I enjoy & other topics.
    With the Chicago Force I'm completely new to the boards because I haven't been able to post anything until this week.

13. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Welcome! :) You must be pretty brave if CIII didn't scare you away from SW fandom.

14. doc4converse

doc4converse Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Nice to make your acquaintance, too, Janqui.

15. Janqui

Janqui Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    C3 actually gave me the incentive to want to get started with costumes & the other Star Wars clubs. I know I've heard bad things about C3 but I personally had a great time & enjoyed everything. I'm probably in the minority there but that's ok. It got me started back with Star Wars, traveling, living & all the rest for me is history. I've been to Dragon Con 2005 & other events in costume & I'm enjoying them. I feel like I'm alive again after feeling so down after my husband passed away from cancer, we were very very close. I was so frustrated with everything till I went to C3 & it opened up a new world to me.

16. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    nice to meet ya janqui, I hope to meet ya soon at a meeting

17. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    Welcome Janqui!! C3 was a great time for me as well!! Although I did bring the Sith-Witch with me (me ex-girlfriend).

I would love to see pictures of this Star Wars room when it gets finished...or even pics of the construction/set-up...

Again, welcome!!!

18. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    fett's new girlfriend? WoW.

welcome to the gang of misfits!

19. Fett402

May 3, 2005
    WoW is my new girl...I play her as much as I can! Sometimes I on her all night long! WoW doesn't talk back, I haven't gotten too pissed off at her, its a nice improvement...

God, I'm such a dork...

20. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    If you weren't a dork, you wouldn't be allowed here with the rest of us.

21. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    WoW talks back all the time, "I can't cast that spell" is not a very willing response.

22. Janqui

Janqui Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    As the Star Wars room gets put together I'll attempt to let you know how it goes. I'm so excited to get the room finally a step closer to completion. Still awhile to go though. Even the person who is doing the work for me is giving me ideas. I'm living in a home that's been in my family since it was built & I'm 4th generation in the house. If my grandfather were still alive he'd probably cringe a lot, but I think he'd get a kick out of it when it gets done.
    I have a 12x14 room that is all paneled, but I didn't want to paint so the walls are now all covered with material. The room will, we hope look like outer space. We still need to cover the ceiling with material. I prefer not painting because the ceiling is only 1 yr old & it took 5 yrs to get the ceiling repaired---looooonnnnnggg story. I figured if the day ever came & Star Wars turned me off, which unless I sell the house, I can't forsee it happening for at least the next 50yrs or so, then the next owners of the house can just remove the cloth & they're back to a plain old room.

23. DARTH-XAVIER

DARTH-XAVIER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    My name is Hector.

I live in Orland Park with my wife and 16-month-old son.

I'm a financial analyst for a telecommunications company.

I've been a Star Wars fan since I was 3 years old and saw the film in its first run in 1977.

Been reading theForce.net since 1998 as the hype for the Phantom Menace was beginning to build. Been here ever since. More of a reader than a poster.

My area of collecting is focused on prop replicas and I am a member of the RPF and the TDH.

Hoping to get out to a CF event soon. My last one was the midnight showing of ROTS.

Hector

24. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Darth Xavier.....you are in my neck of the woods....
    I am from Mokena....
    props eh?
    love em!

25. Fett402

May 3, 2005
    I lived in Mokena for most of my life...now I live up North, and I miss it down there...all my friends are there...DAMN YOU GOOD JOB!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.