main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Introductions!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I think this thread deserves a bump, simply because we don't have an introductions thread near the top for all of the new people to, well, introduce themselves. :D

2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Giving this thread a bump for our new members. Thanks for unlocking it, Erica.

Phil

3. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Guess that means me.
    Name: Stymie
    Major/Minor(in case you care):psychology/English
    Age:I'm not really not 119, but I thought it was funny that they had the year all the way back to the 1880's. I guess it's possible. I'm actually 26, with the big two seven approaching fast.
    Yes, I know I'm an old student, thanks for the reminder. After screwing around for a couple years after high-school, I joined the Navy for four years. I graduate this summer, and then on to Grad school next fall for Clinical Psych, if I get in. If not, I guess back to the real world.
    Star Wars fan as long as I remember. Was too young to catch ANH in the theatre, but I do remember watching it on projector at my Uncle's many times. Have been hooked ever since. Caught ESP in the theatre however. I remember being totally freaked during the scene Luke was trying to rescue Han and Leia on Bespin. Things were dark and quiet, and then doors would shut real fast and loud-like. Then the ominous breathing followed by, "The force is with you young Skywalker, buty you are not a Jedi yet!!"
    Big sci-fi fan in general, but not the pop crap on TV and in most movies. Usually what's considered "hard sci-fi" that mixes in science fact and interesting speculation and ideas. And like any good sci-fi geek, I'm also a wanna be writer with one rejection letter under my belt so far from Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine.

4. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    You ate not the only one. I'm Ray, 33 years old, Hispanic & single... I work as a doorman @ the Lodge Chicago in streetersville, Chicago (yupee bar). SW fan since '77. Any more questions just ask,,,

5. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm giving this thread a bump, 'cuz we have new members in this board. KongZilla, Apple Jackal, etc.

6. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Hmmm....I realized I never posted here. Good time as any, I guess.

Name: Mark Franklin
    Birthplace: Chicago, IL 6/10/74
    of Manitowoc,WI
    Residence: Streamwood, IL
    Marital Status: Married to Martha Rossell
    9/9/00
    Children: Thelma and Louise(cats), Charlie (dog)
    I happened upon Chicago Force a little over a year ago by running a search on Lycos about SW clubs and have been enjoying it ever since. It's been great socializing with the other members with all our outings and parties and can't wait for the AOTC line-up. Luckily I have a wife that puts up with me and my Star Wars hobby but I'm sure she's at her wits end sometimes.

Other than SW, I'm a huge White Sox fan and into online gaming. We bought our house about a year ago and finally it's up to date with all the repairs. I love my job, even if it requires me waking up at 3:00 am but it's nice to be off at mid-afternoon.

Well,that's the short story of my life.

Mark

7. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Alright... I guess it's my turn.

Name: KongZilla AKA KurtQuake AKA (if we ever meet in person I'll tell you my real name. Guess I'm paranoid. Too much X-Files.)
    Birthplace: South China Sea by way of Evanston, IL 9/15/67 or was it 12/13/70. No wait I got it... it was... nope. Lost it. Thought I had it there for a minute. Oh well.
    Eyes: hazel with a touch of green
    Hair: By Georgio on Halsted. "Fabulous!"
    Gowns: Christian Dior
    Metal Plate in Head: yes.
    Residence: Chicago, Uptown, near the Green Mill baby! ...and Monster Island. Hey, I commute.
    Marital Status: Single
    I did a search on Google and here I am. I don't know if I'll be waiting in line with you guys... that takes some commitment, and while I am planning on taking off the 16th as an Intergalactic Holiday, I can't do it for 3 months. But I do hope to meet some of you at Celebration II in Indy. I'm going with a few friends in costume. Look for the Darth Vader. Ha! like their wont be a dozen or so of us. Well, I'll be one of the few who's not wearing lifts in his shoes. Do you guys have any special buttons or something you wear to identify that you're Chicago Force! I just hope the weather's cool this May.

8. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Ya know, I've never really done one of these. So here goes the Bosh Talk FAQ:

Q1. What's the name on your birth certificate?
    A1. Bosh Abercrombie Talk

Q2. How did you get involved with Chicago Force?
    A2: I helped Co-Found it with Dartha Stuart & Stephanie "Soulcoughing" McCullogh in January of 1999.

Q3. Why do you diss your fans so much?
    A3. I get tired of groupies constantly trying to get up on it. I mean I know I'm talented, but damn.

Q4. Where are you from orginally?
    A4. Roanoke, Virginia.

Q5. What did you do before you were involved with Chicago Force?
    A5. I was in the Navy. Worked on F-14 Tomcat Avionics. Did my part to help kill the "evil doers".

Q6. How many Ion Cannons does a B-Wing Starfighter have?
    A6. Three.

Q7. So what do you do for a living now?
    A7. I work for A Not-For-Profit organization.

Q8. What do you think of the new Vanity Fair cover with Anakin and Queen Amidala on the cover?
    A8. Hey...drop that zero get with this hero.

Q9. So finally, what would you say to all of your young fans out there that want to be like you?
    A9. Well, mostly just remember that once you start down the dark path...forever will it dominate your destiny. Oh, and don't love no ho's.

9. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    Name: Karrde, Rex a.k.a. Ray
    DOB: 06/25/68
    Ht/Wt: 5?9?/ 180
    Race: Human
    Occupation: Doorman a.k.a. Bouncer: Someone you shouldn't mess with
    Affiliation: Member of Culloden Clan (believe to be a Secret Society but we have no proof)
    Famous For: Piranha Shot
    Quote: "Only the strong survive... So team-up with the ones that are working out"

10. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi all. Thought I would follow in maddness.

Name: Aaron Hurt
    Occupation: Student, Customer Service Supervisor @ Marriott, and computer hobbyist.
    Been a fan since: 1983
    Member of FanForce since: 12/01 (i think.. maybe 01/02)

11. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Gets ready....

Aims...

FIRE!

*Bump*

:D

12. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    I appoligize for the multiple posts, my computer kept telling me there was an error, and I assumed it didn't post.

13. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
  14. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
  15. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, it didn't work last time, but here's another attempt at bumping this thread.

~H~

16. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Let see if this works for me.

17. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Pathetic excuse to increase your post count, Jurist.

That was just a blatent attem......er nevermind.

18. sabrecmc

sabrecmc Jedi Master star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Well, I'm glad someone bumped it up. It was nice reading about others suffering my same affliction. Here goes:

Name: Caryn Campbell
    Birth: 7/12/75 Niceville, FL. Yes, everyone is nice there, though you'd have been the first to ask, I promise.
    Fan Since: As long as I can rememeber. Had my Leia underoos, got my mom to do my unfortunately blonde hair in a long braid and wrap it around my head when I was 8, all that good stuff.

I'm hoping to get more involved in the fan community in Chicago(law school permitting) and look forward to getting to know you all.

19. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Hi, and welcome, sabrecmc!

20. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Ya know - with all these lawyers in CF, we should do something really illegal and just let you guys (gals) file motion after motion delaying the procedures.

21. sabrecmc

sabrecmc Jedi Master star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome!

If you do something illegal, with my luck your hearing would be scheduled around, oh, say, May 16th and I've heard it looks kinda bad if you don't show up to defend yourself. Could be just an urban legend though. You could always give it a try and let me know how it works for you. };^)

22. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    I think you just have to come up with a reason for a continious early, say you won't be able to attend court on that day since it is a religous holy day. Just don't tell them what religion.

23. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    I could plead insanity, cuz I'm CRAZY about Star Wars!!!

Yeah....that sucked to read. But if you saw me say that with the head tilt, raised eyebrows and the hands waving, ya woulda laughed your tushies off!

24. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    I like how you get the error, but it still posts.

Funny stuff.

25. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I could plead insanity, cuz I'm CRAZY about Star Wars!!!
    No need to plead, Jeff... it would be blatently obvious to any juror that you're insane. All you have to do is open your mouth....

Heh heh heh heh heh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.