main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Introductions

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Varekei, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Hello to all,

Although I've been a Star Wars fan for over 20 years,I'm new to LAFanForce & I'm kind of lost. I see events posted & don't know if they are open events or for a select "clique". (I don't mean that in a negative way -- just that some of you already know each other and have become friends.)

When I first saw the first Trilogy at the movies I was already a young adult, but it still had a profound effect on me -- and it never stopped. I've never been a "jock" but actually studied Martial Arts for several years because of Star Wars.

I subsequently became a big Joseph Campbell fan as well.

Like most old school fans, I was a little disappointed with Phantom Menace -- at first. But, now I love the second trilogy as much as I loved the first.

Although I have some buddies I play a Star Wars Roleplaying game with, it's a pleasure to make the acquaintance of a group of people who also love Star Wars & would like to actually meet the group.
    Happy Holidays!
    May the Force be with you!
    And all that good stuff,

Varekei

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Welcome, Varekei!

All of us were new once, so don't hesitate to just jump right on in! You are absolutely welcome to attend any event -- and we look forward to meeting you!

Any questions -- just ask...
    Cheers!

3. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I was never new. I was always the dominant presence in the LAFF. I have provideth, and receiveth the love.

Welcome Varekei! Our next event will be in early Janaury, likely in 626/818. Look forward to meeting you.

4. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself. It will be fun to meet you in person. :)

5. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Thank you both. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I live in West Los Angeles so 626 & 818 are not inconvenient, especially on the weekends. I hope the event is NOT on a Thusday, since that's my Star Wars RPG evening.

Varekei

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Hello Varekei
    Don't worry about being new, we are all good people here. I look forward to meeting you.

7. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Hello there..
    allow myself to introduce myself....i am Solojedi.
    i am the official "flake" of the LAFF or at least that's what i'm told. i don't believe it.
    Anyhow, welcome...lord vader has been expecting you!

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Hi Solo Jedi,
    I have your icon on my computer as one of my sceensavers. Whenever I look at that photo I want to say, "Oooish,* Master Annikin. It was Leia's idea and Luke did it." But, I try not to let fear get the better of me.

Varekei

*Oooish is the closest spelling for the traditional Japanese greeting we used in the dojo where I studied Karate.

9. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Welcome. It's fun to get together with people on the same page and to just have fun. If you post here you will be addressed by initials since we are lazy, which I believe JB said somewhere before. I guess you could be VI or V2 or something. Again, welcome.

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Welcome, Varekei! I'll have to call you that because my initials are VK LOL.

All of us hope you can make it to a future meeting -- we love to meet new people. If you can find a way to make it, I think our SW bowlers are getting together one more time (next Wednesday), so that would be a good way to meet some of the gang. Otherwise, our new official meeting will be either January 21 or 22, in a place TBD. Once the holidays are over I'll have a chance to find us a restaurant where we can all get together and have fun. 'Til that happens, feel free to jump right in -- it's nice to meet you!

11. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Again, you're all making me feel very welcome. I've told my Star Wars RPG group about you and at least 3 said they want to join.

A few of us are VERY interested in learning how to light saber duel. Any advice? Is there a "Jedi Kendo club" or something within LAFF?

I bowl about as well as C3PO does a force push, but if the bowling alley is not at the other end of the galaxy, I'd be happy to show up. What time & where? (It's on 12/28, right?)

If Varekei is too long, just use "Vari."

Anyhow, thanks again for making me feel welcome.
    Happy Holidays to all of you,
    Vari

12. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Um, over at the Orange County Boards they have lightsaber tecnique classes or something or other..what do we have? Not that. We have a softball game coming up.

I'm APL, Jen, I am a student. Never roll played before...(DB do not make this into a joke) but am on a lot of other message boards.
    I work for the MOUSE.

So welcome. Your name reminds me of Cirque Di Solel

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yep, the bowling alley is in Pasadena. Here is the address:

Bahama Lanes
    3545 E. Foothill Blvd.
    Pasadena
    (626) 351-8858

Best thing to do is a Mapquest. Everyone will be there between 7 and 8. You can't miss the SW bowlers -- they will be the ones with the Strike Force shirts on, and SW bowling balls.

14. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Bingo! That's EXACTLY where I got it from! Heard it; liked it; adopted it.
    Varekei

15. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    hey you should pick an Avatar, or picture for your profile. That way we can identify you visually as well!

16. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Welcome, Vari. You will have fun with this group, and...credits WILL do fine.

17. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Welcome, Varekei. I like V1 or VI. Vari is too long :rolleyes: . Seriously though, come to our events. We're pretty nice, most of the time, but I get mean due to my Slytherin nature. We look forward to meeting you.

18. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Welcome Vari!

Watch out for this group they bite.

19. jawbreaker666

jawbreaker666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    Hey all. My name is Mark and I'm moving down to LA on Jan. 4th. Just thought I'd intorduce myself here first....let's see, I am a songwriter and that is the reason why I'm moving down to LA. I wind up coming down every month anyway to write with different artist so I figured now is a good time to head down. It is the only thing I do, so yes I usually have lots of free time when I'm not writing. I'm living in that Fairfax/San Vincente area of hollywood. Got a great place a block from my manager. I'm 30, you can check out my myspace page, there is a link if you click on my jawbreaker666 name. There are some cool pics also up there from when I just went to Steven Sansweets place. He's the head of fan-relations for Lucasfilm. What else....i guess I'll leave some things as a surprise when I meet all of you. see all of you soon.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Welcome Jawbreaker. Can we shorten it to JB6? We already have a JB (JediBith) so we have to show some way to distinguish the difference. I don't recall who started the shorthand names/initials but I think it may be because some of us (me in particular) are too lazy to type out the full name. Hope you can come to our next meeting since you will have moved into LA by then. Any way, welcome again.

21. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    I write the songs that make the whole world sing,
    I write the songs of love and special things.
    I write the songs that make the young girls cry,
    I write the songs that welcome Jawbreaker to LA!!!!!!

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That was very clever, JJ. =D=

23. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Awwww, shucks! [face_blush]

24. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    DH, are you confusing clever with demented again?

Hi Jawbreaker, if you see someone named Jennifer on your myspace, trying to add you, it's me.

25. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    May the force be with you.

Always....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.