main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Introductions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by NekoKaiju, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    Sadly my July weekends are spoken for (*egads*) but who knows, maybe in the not-too-distant future :)

2. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Welcome back.

3. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Hopefully you will be able to make an appearance at the cookout....and that goes for all of the persons that have joined or rejoined the Fanforce.
    All are welcome....see the Cookout thread for more info:D

4. RancorRider

RancorRider Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2008
    Greetings!

Id like to say HI and introduce myself. I am new to this site but definatly not new to the Star Wars universe, even though Ive kinda been in a SW recession. My next-door neighbor invited me to his house today and to my amazment he has one of the coolest SW collections I have ever seen. (Thx Danny) Of course seeing all those treasures naturaly ignighted my inner SW flame and now Im back and wanting MORE.
    I hear this is a great community and Im looking forward to get to know ya'll. :)

5. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Hi! Welcome to the group, look forward to meeting you.

6. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    Welcome to the boards.I think he got to happy and for got his name.lol. his name is Prescott

7. RancorRider

RancorRider Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2008
    I knew I forgot something:oops:

8. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Welcome to the group dude. Look forward to meeting you.

9. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Yes indeed, welcome to the group. The more the merrier. Hopefully you can join us and meet many new folks who share a love for all things Star Wars. We've all got our day jobs but this is a passion that so many share. Makes things fun on the down time and makes new friends.

10. Darth__Mule

Darth__Mule Jedi Knight

Sep 15, 2008
    Hey all. My name is Chris. Been around the RVA for 3.5 years now and well aware of this board, but am just now getting around to posting. Actually registered a couple months ago when Tony suggested it, thus reminding me of its existence. I know him from over at the RPF, and have agreed to teach him to sew. But like posting here. I get sidetracked. Sorry T.

I'm a professional, freelance costume designer by trade, and costume geek by hobby (though lately my occupation has been making stuff for other people because the recession is drying up theatre work). I've been playing dress up since I was a teenager and have 2 degrees in costume design. I am a regular attendee of Dragon Con where I now teach panels on costuming as well. I have also both taught and attended school for costuming at VCU.

Current projects include a Clone Wars Obi Wan, upgrading my 92 Dracula, and sculpting Twi'Lek headtails so I can paint my girlfriend blue.

Nice to meet you all.

11. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    Chris...I would love to talk to you in the near future. I am going to New York Comic Con in a couple of weeks and am trying to put the finishing touches on a DC Character called The Question. I am having issues with the facemask and was wondering if you had a few pointers. Please email me or pm me here on the boards since I dont have your email address. I am also trying to find a vintage or old Style Dick Tracy or Sam Spade trenchcoat and Fedora that I might be able to borrow for a couple of days for the convention if anyone has one I might be able to acquire.
    Thanks in advance and I look forward to talking to you, Chris.

Joel

12. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    'bout time, Chris!

Like I said, our boards are really really slow (pretty much dead), but we normally have a good turn-out at our meetings. It's just a good excuse to hang out with really no agenda other than to talk Star Wars.

13. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Welcome Chris, yes these boards can be a little slow! It's one of the reasons we stress coming out to the monthly meeting. We're usually good for a couple hours of food and good conversation on all things Star Wars as well as making folks feel welcome. Our meetings average about 10 of us but we've been known to have 25 or 30 two or three times a year!

14. Morcebel

Morcebel Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2009

My name is Krista. I was first truly introduced into the lovely world geekery when I went to Dragon Con with some of my friends from high school. I have always dabbled in geekery but Dragon Con has really brought it out.
    I then dragged my boyfriend Brandon off to Dragon Con where he promptly became engrossed in the idea of making and wearing costumes. His Tusken Raider looks great, especially since he had never really done much crafting previously.

[image=http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs017.snc1/2200_53300819068057937_1099_n.jpg]

15. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    Great seeing you guys at NYCC....Love the Capt Hammer pic with you looking up at Brandon wearing the Leia Buns....classic.
    heop to see you at some more events

16. Padawan_Copernicus

Padawan_Copernicus Jedi Knight

Jun 25, 2009
    Hey guys! I'm Nick. I've lived in Richmond for 13 years and I'm a huge Star Wars fan.
    :D

17. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Pleased to meet you Nick.

These boards are dead.

Most all Richmond area folks are at www.rivercityfanboys.com

Come there to talk all scifi, especially star wars as the Richmond Fanforce has pretty much been absorbed into it.

As the next season of Clone Wars comes into play and then the live action series, these boards will probably light up again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.