main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Introductions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by NekoKaiju, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    I am a sewing retard so I actually had the whole thing done for me. I picked out the color scheme to kinda get the Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon thing. When I originally got it several folks and friends were doing the dark brown and black style Anakin stuff I just had to do something a little different. The one GREAT thing about doing a Jedi costume is that with all the choices of fabrics and colors, there are so many possibilities. I actually just picked up another set of pouches and am working on a different belt thing so it will be a little different next time you see it.

2. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    You want to do a slave leia? That's a SCARY thought!

3. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Nah, that was more for Troy and his personal stuff goin on:p

4. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Bumping this thread so our newer people can find it.

5. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Maybe this would be a good one to sticky?

6. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I actually unstickied the other item, since it was easy to overlook it since it was always up there and it didn't float to the top with new entries... maybe thats just me being <<fillintheblank>>?

7. OOHTEENEE1

OOHTEENEE1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2007
    Hi,My name is SCOTT,I'm 40 years old.I live in Spotsylvania.I'm Married and have a 14 year old Daughter.I am new to the forum and thought I should introduce myself.
    I have loved Star Wars since the first movie came out.My Wife and Daughter think that I am crazy.I tell my Daughter that when she gets to be my age, that she will cling onto something from her youth to make her feel like a kid again. I build Star Wars models,build blaster replicas,and am working on finishing my lifesize Jawa and Dath Vader and whatever other characters from the movies.I will be building an addition onto the house.My Wife gets her dream kitchen,I get my movie room that will house all of my Star Wars stuff.I work part time for the local county Goverment and the other part of my time is spent selling my carvings and sculptures. I hope one day that I can make a living on my art work.Thank you for letting me bend your ears.I look forward to talking to some of the other Star Wars geeks of the world.Thanks again.Scott

8. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Welcome to the Richmond Fanforce! Would love to see some of your work, please post photos! If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

How are you at making molds for armor ;)

9. Terek_Deckard

Terek_Deckard Jedi Master star 2

May 18, 2006
    I'm Ward, 39, married with two kids 9 and 11 (almost 12). I live in the West End of Richmond not too far from Luke. He and I met in line for Episode I, back in the days of the Moisture Farm Co-Op, and just before I joined the 501st. It was late, dark and we were sitting camped out at Virginia Center Commons Regal Theater and I pulled out my converted Graflex Luke ANH saber to start some talk. I also met Paul1 and Paul2 there as well.

I am a Data Analyst for Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield. My wife hates SW and thinks I am a lunatic for spending my time and $$ on it. I am a Sandtrooper in the 501st and the 104th Moisture Farm Patrol, I am building a full-scale R2 unit and like to write. I am currently in the middle of writing the backstory for the Sandtrooper group. Part I is posted in the fanfic section here:

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/24597606/p1

Part II is underway here:

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/24853114/p1

I have loved SW since the moment that awesome Destroyer rattled my chest as it flew overhead blasting at the Tantive IV back in '77. It's nice to have a place where others are in as deep as I am! :)

Nice to meet everyone.

10. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Welcome Scott, I would love to see your art as well.

Hey Joe, I sense a Fan Force meeting on the North side of town;)

Ward! It's cool that your popping in here again! YAY!

And for those that have not checked out the Sandtrooper story make sure you do. It is pretty wicked awesome.

11. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Welcome Scott! Welcome Ward! This is a place where we can all come to talk casually about our mutual love with not having to worry about other folks opinions. We're all in the same boat here and whats best about this little group is that there are no politics in here. Just fun food & friendship. Thats one of things I really appreciate about this little group. Getting together on a Teusday night each month to talk face to face and share great stories of Star Wars from the past/present and future. Hope to see you both at some point in the future face to face over a good meal. Until then, visit and post as often as you can as we're all here to share our thoughts!

12. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Ward, do you have any photos/info on your R2?

13. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Hi and welome OOHTEENEE1! Hope we see you at an event soon! The Star Wars room sounds awesome!

Welcome Ward! Great to have you here, you need to make it to a meeting too, I know you would enjoy them.

14. Terek_Deckard

Terek_Deckard Jedi Master star 2

May 18, 2006
    Hi guys,

You can check out what I have on my R2 here:

http://vadroidcentral.blogspot.com/

No new pics...sorry...it's expensive and slow going!

Nice to be here with friends. When and where's the next meeting? I'll see if I can swing it.

15. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    Welcome all!

It is very cool to see some familiar names and faces join this group.
    I am a newbie myself, and hope to make the next meeting - just to meet more crazy people like myself!

16. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Bumping this so any new people who haven't posted yet can do so.

17. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    My name is Mason. I am 29, married with three kids(5,7,9). I live on Fort Lee, near Petersburg. I work at Bon Air JCC as a JCO. My mom says, I inherited my love of SW from her. I was born the same year the first SW movie came out. All of my kids are into SW, having watched the whole sage(including Clone Wars) countless times. I have have even got my wife into it....well she tolerates it because she knows SW is my thing. I have most of the SW books and a lot of the comic books/graphic novels. I bought an Xbox only because they get alot of exclusive SW titles like KOTOR, Republic Commando, and Jedi Academy. Empire at War on PC, is what I am currently playing. I enjoy talking about SW, also.

I am interested in costuming and prop making, but don't how to get started. Maybe someone here could help me find my way?

18. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Well hello and good day to ya fella! Very nice of you to take a step outta the shadows in posting open to this thread. Kinda lets us all know where ya stand so to speak. You'll find nothing but great folks in here as this group is all about gettin together once a month to see/talk/eat with each other and share our passion. Many of us are also members of the 501st Legion but I think just about everyone posting to these boards makes or has some kinda costumes. I myself am an Imperial Stormtrooper with the 501st. I'd invite you to come visit the Virginia Garrison of the 501st if you wanna pursue costuming. We have many folks there local to the area (as well as throughout the state) that will answer questions and help you get your outfit/costume together or show you where or how to go about purchasing one. Depending on what character you wanna do, it could cost between $500-$2500. www.501gt.com Hope to see ya around!

19. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Welcome to the group Mason! Perhaps you can make it out to the R2D2 mailbox photoshoot this monday and we can meet! Glad to see the group growing!

20. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Bumping for new members to pipe in...

21. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Joe I know you don't like stickies much but maybe this would do well as a sticky. that and the 2007 events. OK and Tony has a point with the video. :D

22. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    The issue with stickies here is that people don't notice when they are updated. We did have some of these items stickied in the past but I took them off. I am working on some items that would make sense to be stickied for new users to see as soon as they come in.

23. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Bump!

24. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    Hi,

My name is Brooks, I have been a poster here and at other SW sites for a good number of years now so I may have run into some of you before on the internet. I live in Glen Allen / the West End. I am currently a student at UVA but am in the RVA for the summers and one weekend a month usually.

25. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Welcome aboard Brooks.

Hope to be able to get ya out to a meeting sometime. I think we may be doing the coffee shop down in Carytown this month??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.