main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Introductions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by NekoKaiju, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    I am not a Spotslyvanian, I am a West-ender.

2. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Oh, sorry Broox. I thought you were up in my neck of the woods. I went back to check and saw that you're in Glenn Allen. Sorry. I could have sworn there were at least 3 of us up here in Spotsy. So, who else other than Scott and I?

3. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Love your signature Skywalker. If you're a believer like me and want to talk to another sometime who also loves Star Wars, then send me a message. I could talk about your signature for a very long time.

4. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Upon closer inspection, there are 3 of us up here near Spotsy...and we all have first names starting with the letter "S"! There's me: Steve (Skywalker2B) in Spotsy, Scott (OOHTEENEE1) in Spotsy, and Scott (RED5IVE) in Snell...which is near Spotsy. The funny thing is, we're all about the same age! I think 3S (that's what I'll call us now) should carpool down for a meeting. How about that? Three geeks in a car! ;)

5. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Hi everyone I haven't been on the boards for a long time, sorry about that. I will check i regularly now that I am getting back into the groove of things. Summer really throws me off sometimes.

6. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I think most of us, unfortunately, only visit several times a month.

7. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Heck, last month was way too busy for me. I normally try to visit at least once a day, Hopefully I can get back on track.

8. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    I poke my head in several times a week, if not a quick daily check...

9. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    Yeah, I think a majority of us do the same - we just don't post like we should!!

Well I try to every other day, if there is something to post about.

10. bbetteridge

bbetteridge Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2007
    Howdy - my name's Brandon, I'm 23 years old, and I graduated from Ohio State a year ago. I moved down here after that, since Capital One gave me a nice job offer as a Data Analyst. My girlfriend moved down here with me, and we live together.

As for Star Wars, I've loved it since I've been a kid. I half-assedly started (non-SW) costuming about a year ago with a thrown together Jayne. This past year was my first Dragon*Con, so I decided that I wanted something a bit better, so I built a Tusken. It came out pretty good for about 2-3 weeks from having the idea to rolling off to D*C, but it needed some improvements. It's almost done, so I'll be (hopefully) officially joining the 501st relatively soon.

Hopefully my girlfriend and I will be able to make it to Genghis on the 16th to meet some of you.

11. RED5IVE

RED5IVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2007
    Welcome Brandon =D= I have'nt been here long myself but everyone seems very nice.,:)

12. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Good to see you on here, Brandon - I didn't know what your name was before from seeing you on the GT forums.

You will notice these forums are a little more quiet - but don't let it scare you or bore you away - post away! I am here every few hours to check for new activity!

13. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Yes indeed, welcome to the boards. Feel free to post your thoughts as we all love to talk about anything Star Wars (much more so than just that Imperial junk over at Tyranus!) Besides, our resident checker upper most always has something to say! They're all good people round here!

14. utinnigirl

Jan 5, 2007
    Welcome to the boards Bradon, hope to meet you soon.

15. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Off topic: Whatever happened to Derth_Mawlz? That guy was wierd - I'm glad he's gone! [face_dancing]

16. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    [face_laugh] I didn't think you were allowed to be on here when ole Derth_Mawlz was around. ;)

Hey! Welcome to Commonwealth Cantina Brandon. I am sure that if you come to the Kahn next week you will have a great time.

Well, that or run for the door thinking we are all nuts. [face_devil]

17. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Just don't give Aimee any Diet Coke and we will be ok...

I think she scared off Brooks! He hasn't been back to a meeting since!

Which reminds me - I introduced Joe to Brooks at Carytown Burger and Fries (at one of the meetings...this is how it went:

Me: "This is Brooks"
    Joe: "Hey Brooke, I'm Joe"
    Me: "It's Brooks"
    Joe: "Oh sorry, I only saw one Brooke"
    [face_laugh]

18. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Diet Coke? Well, you learn something new each day. Lets feed her one at the Khan and see what happens!

19. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Membership would suddenly decline...that's what! [face_laugh]

20. utinnigirl

Jan 5, 2007
    Some people might like the diet Coke side of me, just b/c Brooks may have been scared doesn't mean everybody will be. In all fairness newcomers should be warned that I am the only female at the meetings so I just try to fit in with you guys, just b/c I say what everyone else is only thinking doesn't make me scary. Seriously I am adorable...

21. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    I second that, she IS adorable... I don't go to the meetings unless she is gonna be there. In fact, that Mawlz guy left because he was so enthralled by Aimee while she was under the influence of diet coke he could not control himself and I had to ask him to leave.

22. Shaak_Ti_

Shaak_Ti_ Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2007
    welcome to the boards Bradon.

23. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Well i figured i would post here as well. Hello all my name is Thad. I live in the va beach area and member of that fanforce. But seeing i know some of the folk in here i would post in here as well.

I have been a SW fan as far back as i can remember. I costume as anakin in the 501st as well as RL. I'm not married, dont have any kids, just like to have fun hang out and chill. Hopefully we can all get up and hangout one day for a joining fanforce gig. Well i will get at you all later. Peace out.

24. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Hey Thad! Glad to have ya on. Feel free to pop in anytime.

25. CueTheMassacre

CueTheMassacre Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2007
    My name is Ryan, I'm 24, and I'm from East End Varina. I work with the stock market at Wachovia Securities and get to yell at stock brokers all day. I already know a good amount of you, and despite Tony's ranting of me not liking Star Wars, he's gravely mistaken; I just happen to enjoy the scantily clad women of the animated world slightly more than your everyday Skull-suited laser wielder. Either way, I'm just saying hello and looking forward to some fun times! Nice to meet everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.