main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Introductions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by NekoKaiju, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Greetings from one of the F-burg boys (well, Scott and I aren't really "boys"...I think they stopped calling us boys about 20+ years ago). Scott (RED5IVE) and I (Steve) are both in the burg. He's further out in the "woods" and I'm just outside of the city limits. We know there are more SW fans around, just waiting for them to find us here. He and drove down to a meeting a few months ago and had a good time. Looking forward to meeting you.

2. CueTheMassacre

CueTheMassacre Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2007
    Hey man! I think you two were at the one at Genghis Khan, right? One of you had the friggin' awesome Japanese comics and such, if I remember correctly!

Either way man, post up, have some fun and I'll see you at the next meeting hopefully!

3. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Yup! That was me. I brought my Japanese copies of the Zahn books and Jedi Academy books. However, I don't think they went over as well as Scott's custom made trooper blaster and Vader's saber. I have no idea what I'd bring next time. Maybe my "unofficial" patch for the online X-Wing Series group I belonged to for many years: Red Squadron. One of these days I'll sew it to a jacket or something. Or, if anyone is interested, I have the OT on VHS with both Japanese and German subtitles. Or, I could find my slip for a mail-in Admiral Ackbar from "Revenge" of the Jedi?

4. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    Just bring whatever! What you might find lame - others might think is the greatest thing ever... like my Darth Vader speaker phone... everyone loved it.

5. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Yeah, that was pretty cool. Theres always some cool star wars stuff people can dig up. I'm ready to eat!

6. H_Ridings

H_Ridings Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2007
    Hi my name is Hunter Ridings,I live in Fredericksburg. Im in the 501st legion and I love Star Wars.

7. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Are you telling me you joined in December and have finally posted? What is wrong with you?

Oh..and welcome! :D

8. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Welcome, Hunter! Well, that puts us dead fredders at four.

9. H_Ridings

H_Ridings Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2007
  10. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Umm...yes?

11. H_Ridings

H_Ridings Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2007
  12. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
  13. Diastrom72

Diastrom72 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2008
    Howdy,

Ed from Lanexa (wbg) here. I'm working on an RC armor kit IOT join Tyrannus and the 501st. Pleasure to meet others with similar interests.

VR

Ed

14. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Hey Ed! You will find many similar "faces" on here! Make yourself at home!

15. Diastrom72

Diastrom72 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2008
    Thanks Tony, hope to finally meet you guys face to face sometime soon. I guess I just missed the last ff meeting.

16. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Not to worry - we have many things in the planning stages. And we have a meeting on the third Tuesday of everyt month!

If there is a family type event you have in mind (these are different from our Tuesday meetings) - feel free to chime in on the 2008 calender thread.

17. madmann883

madmann883 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2008
    My name's Adam. I'm 24 years old and from the Midlothian area. I'm a graduate of VCU with a Fine Art's degree in photography. Right now I'm an ASM at Gamestop. I found out about the forums through Danny Vidal. It came up that he was in the 501st. He also pointed me to this site.

I've been a fan of the OT for a long time. I am also a big video gamer.

18. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Welcome Adam! Which Gamestop? The one in Midlothian (The one next to Five Guys or the one near Barnes and Noble?)

I live off of Hull and Genito. We have a few people on here (and in the 501st) that are in Chesterfield County.

19. madmann883

madmann883 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2008
    right now i work at the parham plaza store, near regency square mall. it's a good drive! i hoe to join the 501st soon!

20. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Welcome aboard folks. Plenty of room for all in this starship. Come out to our meetings for the boards be slow and me sails be calmed in these waters. Arghh!

21. Markedman247

Markedman247 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2008
    Hello. I am currently moving to Midlothian, VA for my job. I work for the US Department of Agriculture. I enjoy RPGs (not just Star Wars but am working a campaign), Star Wars: Battlefront for the Xbox360 (praying for a new one), and Star Wars Miniatures CMG, and am a competitive LaserQuest (laser tag) member.

I am currently working on promoting the Star Wars Miniature game at Richmond Comix with the suggested date as Free Comic Book Day. I work about 6 days a week (it alternates). I am a rules advisor and have run numerous tournaments. Although, a much more viable alternative location could be suggested.

I found this site after talking with the mods over at Tidewater Alliance.

22. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Hello nameless marked man! Welcome to our little corner! It's not much, but it's got it where it counts! ;)

You will probably notice we aren't very active on these boards, but we make a point to meet at least once a month (third Tuesday of every month). In fact our next meeting is tomorrow (3/18) in Midlothian!

There's a few of us (Me, Aimee, John, Jean, Adam...propbably a couple that I missed) from Midlothian, and a few more of us from Chesterfield.

23. azredhead

azredhead Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    Just a quick Intro - My name is Cynthia, I live in Irvington, near Kilmarnock in the Northern Neck.

Huge fan of the Star Wars books - have 'em all and read and re-read constantly. Also collect the ficures and toys but they are all in boxes in the garage.

I have a real job in the Resort biz but am recently unhemployed and looking for a new gig. Joined TheForce.net back in 2004 but got sidetracked, moved and work took over so I guess I'm back again.

Not much more to say right now - since I am back to re-reading all the booke in the newest Legacy of the Force series - the authors have me totally confused.

Happy Green Beer Day [face_alien_1]

24. Markedman247

Markedman247 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2008
    Sorry, I am pretty harried right now with the move. Forgot to intro myself completely. I am Cory. I won't be available until 3/21 in Midlothian. My movers will deliver my stuff until sometime next week so its just me, some DVDs, an air mattress, and hopefully a TV (The DVDs will be less useful without their accessories).

I can see that this isn't a very active board but that's usually cyclical I have noticed with boards.

25. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Wow! Two new people in one day! Welcome to you both! Feel free to make yourselves at home! Please POST! We need more active folks on the boards! If anything I am on here everyday (a long with a few other boards.)

We have about 20+ people all together...probably more. Our meetings normally have about 15 in attendance...I think last meeting there were about 8 or 9 in attendance... So we have a good number of folks...but there is room for many more!

BTW - Cory if you need any help moving-in...start a new topic and let us know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.