main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Introductions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by NekoKaiju, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markedman247

Markedman247 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2008
    I shouldn't need help outside notifying my boss that I need a day off to accept the movers. Total professional job courtesy of the FedGov. I do appreciate the offer.

2. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Welcome, new and returning members!

Cory, I'm huge in the SWM's up here in Fredericksburg. We have games going every weekend (Saturdays at about 6:30 or 7), DCI sanctioned. One store, Game Vault, has about 10-15 regulars, while the other new store, Character Vault, has about 6 players. So, if you're looking for a game on any given Saturday you're very welcome up here. BTW, we have 3 LotF release tourneys to choose from on the 29th!

Cynthia, I too am a big EU novels and comics fan. I have Revelation, but haven't read it yet. However, I'm majorly spoiled on it already, so I can wait. I don't read very fast, so I will probably just finish Revelation in time for Invincible to come out.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it down to Richmond for another Tuesday night meeting until the kids are out of school. Tuesdays are big homework nights for them and I have to help them with their math and science...their worst subjects.

3. Markedman247

Mar 17, 2008
    I think I may have talked to you before on the WotC board. I am hoping to get some more local. I did the MapQuest and it appears to be 1hour and 12 minute drive for a game. And I have to drive back. I work about every other Saturday with potential of some in a row depending on situation.

4. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Good to have you on the boards Cynthia and Cory...I hope you will be able to make it out some tuesday.

5. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    I'll admit that it's a bit far to drive for a game, but we get people coming down from NOVA (Northern VA) to play with us. It's an open invitation if you can't find a game/tournament down there.

6. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Welcome to central Virginia's Star Wars chapter! All Class A people in here, very good making friends and making time for others. For us, its mostly about seeing each other face to face throughout the year and since many of us are Rebel Legion or 501st Legion, we have alot of fun playing around with each other when it happens. Join us!

7. azredhead

azredhead Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    With no job, trip to a meet is easy. Unfortunately, I am not a gamer, just a reader. But I am always up for meeting folks who take their Star Wars seriously.

I have read and then re-read Revelation due to all the posts on the Literature Forums, and am going back to re-read the whole darn series again before Invincible comes out. These guys are making me crazy. Does that make me one of them too?

Oh, the joys of unemployment!

8. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    Well we have a meeting tonight at 7pm in Midlothian! ;)

9. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    azred...we have a few readers you won't be the only one.

10. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    welcome Cynthia and Cory

11. azredhead

azredhead Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    Sorry I missed the meeting last week - looking for a new job can become all consuming. In the meantime, went back to rereading the rest of the LoTF and then the Republic Commandos. Now on the MedStar duology. What the heck, think I'll go WAY BACK and re-read the X Wing series, my all time favorite - not much to do this week and more fun than laundry and housecleaning.

When is the next meeting and where? I need a break of some sort. Off to DC next week for 3 interviews. May the Force be with me [face_praying]

12. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Good luck at the interviews!

The next meeting is in Downtown Richmond (Location TBA) on April 15th @ 7:00PM.

13. Markedman247

Mar 17, 2008
    I have to hold of in meetings until my schedule becomes more defined. New job with a schedule that's week to week. But, hope to at least make aquaintance as soon as I can.

14. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    So, this is crazy, but I got to VCU.

I should definitely give this FF thing a try when I get back from the break!

My name is Ian, btw.

15. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Welcome, Ian. Hope you can make it to our next meeting on the 20th of May.

16. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Welcome! Yes, give us a try! :)

17. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Welcome aboard! There's lots of us in here but most are silent to the boards. Getting together once a month over good food is our specialty. There, all the good things about are group become abundantly clear with the people being the priority!

18. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    You guys do seem to be a tad bit older than the group I normally run around with, but whatever.

I don't think I'll make this one, but maybe when I get back from break!

19. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    The Richmond FanForce has a broad range of members; from 18 to 41 **cough...Joe...cough**

The next meeting isn't until May 20th and we have a meeting every 3 Tuesday. Mark your calender!

20. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Ouch! I'm near the high end of that age bracket!

21. RED5IVE

RED5IVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2007
    I'm the one at the end of this age bracket.[face_skull] [face_laugh]

22. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    I just keep getting better with age...

23. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    hey guys new member on the board his name is brandon . he is under the new intuduction by the name of xbrandonx. ok bye

24. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    Hey all, have no idea if I know any of you, but I used to post on here years ago! In fact, looks like my last post was 2005 -- pre-grad school O:)

Anyway, I haven't logged into these boards in a while and as I just finished reading Sacrifice less than an hour ago (*cries*) I thought I'd stop by here and ignore the rest of the boards -- I aim to be as spoiler free as possible.

25. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Welcome back to the group Rouge11! Come on out to our next meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.