main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Introductions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to the Reading Boards everyone! To kick things off let's get to know each other a little bit better. citizen-tom kinda started this in the other thread, but I'm continuing it here...to make it the "Offcial" thread. I'll start:

I'm 17 and a senior at Governor Mifflin High School. I play clarinet in the marching and concert bands...and I also LOVE drawing. I plan on majoring in illustration at either PA School of Art and Design or Kutztown.

2. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    Well I'm just checking in before I head back to school, There is a home football game today, and the whole school KNOWS we are losing. *sigh* But that's ok cause I'm in the Marching band, and the other school's band isn't as good :) Well see you all later with a report of how badly our football team got creamed :D

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think you mean away football game, Wesmin! ;) Anyway...I agree, we ARE gonna lose. Heck, last week the other team scored on the kick-off and we lost 43-13. Now, how bad is that...

EDIT: Hmmm...I just thought of something...since we're discussing high school football, should I start a thread for it?

4. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    Our Football team WON, wow that was unexpected, and HanSolo29 was right, it was an away game.

5. Thaddeus_Walters

Thaddeus_Walters Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Well, first of all, congrats on being a board!
    Second of all, how cool that you're in the marching band!
    I, too, play clarinet, Solo. How interesting!

On the subject of football, our team lost our first game 27-0 and our second game 12-14 OT. (Sighs) How depressing.

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey there, Thaddeus_Walters!

Cool...we're all a bunch of bandies here! :)

Yea...I'm with you Wesmin! I'm surprised we even won at all! We probably won't this coming week, though.

And on a side note: my fan art was featured on theForce.net's homepage! I'm really happy! But they spelled my name wrong on the one... :(

7. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    Hey, I play the clarinet too :) don't leave me out.

8. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Ok, now i'm scared, I play Clarinet too, but i'm not a member of the Mifflin Band (I will someday though... :D)... I'm a little dorky 12 year old... :)

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Don't worry Wesmin, we won't leave you out! ;)

Wow...every member on this board plays clarinet! Well...I don't know about citizen-tom...but this is truely scary. :p

10. GothicAngel85

GothicAngel85 Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2002
    Hey, I play clarinet too! Hey, and I know at least 2 of you here...mwa ha ha ha...lol. Thanks for inviting me, HanSolo29!! Don't worry, my insanity is only temporary o_O lol. Anyways...to introduce myself...i'm also 17 and I go to Mifflin...I play clarinet in both marching and concert bands and also in the orchestra...I also enjoy singing and dancing...my fave music is a tie between R&B/Rap and Heavy Metal at the moment...I plan to go to either RACC or RHSN for Nursing after I graduate this year...well, first I plan to graduate lol...which would involve getting around to presenting my grad project one of these days *looks towards the celing and whistles innocently* lol.

Anyways...I love art and I love to draw but compared to HanSolo29 my pics look like little kid doodles...bah, so i'm not that great at it :p I can bust a move on the dance floor though, so it's all good ;) rotfl. As for my looks...i'm slowly changing my style over to goth (as those of you that I know should have noticed by now, esp with what I wore today lol...I just need to get me some black baggy pants and the look will be all mine :p). Hence the sn...finally I get the one I wanted, lol. I wanted this sn for AIM but it was already taken!! Bah...no fair :p

Okay, I think i've rambled on enough now so i'm gonna hush up and go look at the other topics here...I hope to get to know all of you better! May the schwartz...I mean, the force...be with you! (okay, sorry, that was a lame way to end...but oh well, lol)

~*GothicAngel*~

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome aboard, GothicAngel! I'm glad you could make it. :) Be sure to check out the thread entitled: First Meeting Planning Thread. We're looking for some ideas where to have our first meeting and I would love to hear your ideas. :)

PM me if you have any questions! :)

12. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey all!
    Congrats on getting your board!

I'm a member of the Philly Outer Rim group (King of Prussia).

Just a bit if trivia for you, Calixta (founder and City rep of the Philly Outer Rim Fan Force) and I BOTH played clarinet in our High School band. The same band. She graduated a year ahead of me and I had no contact with her at all for about 15 years until we actually "met" up again in the Philly Forum! These boards can be great fun!

Anyway, glad to see you guys so active an off to a good start. Reading's a great place! I've got lots of family in the Reading area and, of course, take my own family out for outlet shopping a few times each year.

I'll wrap up with an invite to anyone who happens to have a full Jedi costume ready. I'm having several people out to my house in Lansdale (5min. from PA Turn Pike Exit #31) this Sunday, Oct. 20, to film segments of my fan film. You can catch the details in this thread if you're interested.

Welcome to the boards!!!!

Have fun!

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice to meet you, PadawanNick! :)

Just out of curiousity...what high school band did you play in? We are pretty familiar with the bands in your area, since all the bands we compete against are from around there.

A Fan Film?! Cool! I would participate, but unfortunately, I don't have a Jedi costume...just a make-shift Luke farmboy costume I threw together pretty quick. Oh well...good luck with your film! :)

14. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    We went to Upper Darby High School.

Bummer about not having the Jedi costume.
    Not to worry, though.
    I'm pretty much addicted to this filmmaking thing.
    Chances are there will be other projects in the future.

Don't be shy about popping into the KoP forum every so often to see what's going on.
    We're always open to visitors at activities.
    This filming day is a perfect example.
    There are actually people coming from Boston and Texas to join in this weekend.

Plus, Calixte has done a great job making contacts with other FF branches as well as other related groups. We often do joint, inter-state activities.

Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.