main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Invaluable Sites

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Liz Skywalker, Jul 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, actually I was looking for this one: http://boards.theforce.net/a/b6/19479792 (hope it works.)
    Most firendly Lazykbys_left posted it in the above mentionen thread.
    *chokes lazykbys_left in bearhug*
    I knew it was around somewhere...
    I still have to find out, how exactely to handle the other timelines
    (remember I'm stupid... [face_worried] :p )

EDIT: Another link, cause I think it's brilliant: time calculator for space travel:
    http://lufty.swcombine.com

EDIT: Hey, took me only ages to get the links working!:D

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    www.Behindthename.com is usefull for naming characters something that means something in subtext and sounds cool to boot!

3. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yeah!
    Say: Thrawn. *shiver* [face_blush]

4. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Up, up, and away!

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    are there any other sites besides the one that was listed for creating titles? the one listed requires you to put adjectives and nouns and other things like that and well, I need something simpler........trying to title a story where Uncle Han and little Ben bond and I need a great title so I need a title generator..........

6. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Link to a list of major (and some minor) characters midichlorian counts. Very enlightening and sure to spawn plot bunnies galore:

EDIT: Link removed due to total inaccuracy and fraud by the webmaster! Sorry all, I didn't know. Thanks for the info!

7. Riin

Riin Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2000
    That midiclorian site - where have they got their info? I mean, even Beru Lars and Ben Skywalker are mentioned? It seems to me that it is just guessing. Not that it can't be used, and it is interesting to speculate on, but you should at least be aware, that the posibility that it is false info is there.

8. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Supershadow.com is a website that is notorious for its unreliability. For more information, please read this article at Star Wars Wiki.

- lazy

9. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    For anyone who needs to know anything about Knights of the Old Republic, right down to the colour of Jolee Bindo's socks: the Unofficial KOTOR Fan Media Forums. Super-helpful people, lots of information, and if it isn't there, you can ask. And they will answer.

Rock.

10. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
    Fan Audio Made Easy

This may seem out of place in Fan Fiction, but there's a six-part storytelling tutorial that I think is helpful to all writers.

- lazy

11. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
  12. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Some time ago I posted
    this link which at that time hosted a time calculator for space travel.
    Now it doesn't anymre.:_|
    Does anybody know if it's still somewhere in the member-section of the page or where it moved, or if there is another somewhere about?[face_batting]

13. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    MsLanna, don't know if this is the same navcomp link , but this is the one I use...:D

14. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Uhhhhh, newbie here [face_blush] Is there any tutorial somewhere on how to write space battle scenes? The one by Darth Ishtar about lightsaber duels was amazing and I was wondering if there was something similar on that other subject
    Help, please? [face_praying]

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm not aware of any, but I could offer to write one up or give you some suggestions in private. Writing space battles tends to be my forté.

16. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Not sure if this site has been mentioned, but: yourdictionary.com is helpful for word-lookups.

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    The link always goes 'Page cannot be displayed'.:(

[face_dancing] Now it's working!:eek: [face_dancing]

18. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    WOW this is an awesome forum ;)

19. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    LiveJournal has so many different writing communities. You can get beta-readers, challenges, help with fics, find places to post fics, discuss fandom, canon, pretty much everything. Just search for "writing" under Interests, or "Star Wars" and see what you come up with.

20. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Upping this because I've noticed a lot of new folks around. This thread may help them in their writing. :)

Plus, here's a great resource.

Welcome to Wookieepedia~~you can find out anything and everything you ever wanted to know about Star Wars.

21. Madame_Solo

Madame_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    UP

Because I keep having to look for this >.<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.