Invasion from the Dreaded Westies

Discussion in 'King of Prussia, PA' started by ben_ethus, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

I've been meaning to do this for quite a while, but time has a tendency to get away from me, and I can never seem to get everything done that I want to do in the course of the day.

Anyhoo...

As you may have noticed from the spiffy little title under my avatar, I'm the newly-inducted VP/CR of the Pittsburgh FanForce, and I thought it might be fun to properly introduce myself to you folks in the hope of potentially getting our respective crews together at some point, and/or create a bond between our two organizations. With our respective bases of operations a mere 5ish hours away from one another, it seemed silly to me to have no form of contact whatsoever, especially as you guys seem pretty active, from what I can gather on your boards and whatnot.

I also wanted to officially thank you guys for the invite to the PhilCon. I'm not sure how many folks from out this way will be able to go (if any), but the offer was very much appreciated.

I would like to note that even if no one else from Da Burg is able to attend, I may very well (depending upon my financial status at that point) make the trip out that way and hit up the con for at least Saturday. (I'll keep you posted on that.)

Because, believe it or not, I spent the first 15 years of my life growing up in West Chester, which as I'm sure you guys know, is a mere stone's throw away from KoP. After that, I spent the next 7 years dwelling in Allentown (which is a little far to throw a stone, but could probably hit KoP with a properly-designed catapult). The bulk majority of my family still dwells in the area, too.

In fact, I've only been living in Pittsburgh for just over a year now, and I've been slowly but surely undermining these Western-style PA folk with my Eastern-style PA sensibilities. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!

Uh... I think I lost the point that I was trying to make...

Regardless, here's to a hopefully bright and oh-so-shiny future between our two groovy clubs. *raises glass*

Thanks again for the invite, and please don't hesitate to fire any other invites/ideas/comments/questions/concerns/whatever my way, as I will not hesitate to fire them at you guys.

Drinks soda (not pop),
    Yours Truly

P.S. Go Eagles!

P.P.S. The colors of your forum makes me hungry for strawberry ice cream.
  2. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Hi Ben! Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. We'd love to meet you at the con. There may be a time for our respective chapters to get together at some point in the future. :)

Keep us posted on your PhilCon attendance. PM or email me if you have any questions. :)

Jenni
  3. PadawanNick Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for stopping in Ben!

I know exactly where all these locations are.
    My wife's family is from Pittsburgh, I met her when she was a grad student at West Chester Univeristy and (now that we live just off the first exit of the PA Tpk's NE Extension) we end up visiting Allentown a few times a month.

Feel free to pop in any time!
    Mmm... now to find that ice cream....

Have fun!
  4. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ben thank you for taking the time to come here. I look forward to see the other side of PA at some point too!!
  5. JediMom3 Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi Ben,
    Glad you stopped by to say hello. Hopefully we will see you in the future. I live in Kennett Square, less than a stone through from West Chester. Good Luck corrupting those Western Pa people. I also drink soda not pop and eat hoagies not subs! [face_laugh]
    Let us know when you are in the area! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.