main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Invasion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by sidious618, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I went back a few pages and saw no threads for this show.

It's on after LOST adn I think it's better than LOST. I love the Sheriff and Dave. The priest on the show reminds me of Cancerman which is a great thing! I love the story arc as you're never sure of where it's going. Just when you think you've figured it out something else crops up.

2. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I have seen a few episodes of this show and thought it was alright, but not great. I will definetely have to disagree with you that it is better than Lost though.

I am rather curious though to see what is really going on with those aliens and such.

3. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    For me, LOST moves much too slowly and tends to drag its feet. Sure, X-Files did that but at least when X-Files did it you felt like you were going somewhere. Even though you weren't. :p

4. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I love this show! I knew those hurricanes were just wrong. Welcome to my life...

5. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm glad to see that there's another fan. Is it just me or have the last two episodes been particularly good?

6. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    It's incredibly deep for what could have been your generic Invasion of the Body Snatchers scenario. What's best about it is that it takes every sci-fi film convention and then does the opposite.

It tells you all the secrets way before expected and then shows the characters trying to deal with them in real world ways. Even the alien "leader" (if that's what he is) was given the sympathetic treatment last night so you can't even label him the classic badguy.

7. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    The recent episode was opne of their best. William Fichter is an excellent actor.

8. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    It's a great show but it's definitely not better than Lost. :p It's addictive though...and sometimes it gives me nightmares...

9. DarthDogbert

DarthDogbert Jedi Master star 2

Sep 2, 2004
    I'm impressed by this show.

It really caught me off guard that the "monster" stalking Larkin was "hybrid-Dave". Good twist. Impressed upon them (especially Larkin) that the hybrids are not the actual person, but they're also not monsters, either. Also, I wonder how Dave will react to killing himself. :confused:

And Sheriff Tom...just when you think you misjudge him...

On a side note, I don't know if everyone has the same commercials, but did anyone else see the pain reliever commercial with the girl from Invasion that abandoned her kid and went homicidal? Talk about bad timing. Couldn't help but think of the character instead of the actress during the commercial.

EDIT - Removed highlighting. Thanks, ObiWan506.

10. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    No need to highlight. This is the spoilers thread.

11. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    ok what happened at the very end last night?

12. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Great episode as usual. Proof once again that just when you think you've got everything figured out, they pull the rug out from under you.

My wife made a great point last night. She called Invasion the opposite of Lost. Essentially, while Lost is all about mysteries, Invasion gives you all the answers right up front and shows how the characters must deal with it all.

13. DarthDogbert

DarthDogbert Jedi Master star 2

Sep 2, 2004
    It was pretty late when I watched it, so I might be forgetting something, but I think it ended with Kira walking out into the water. Also, the priest was going to be sent to the "training camp" and Dave1.5 was laid to rest.

Good point, Roland.

14. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm not a big fan of this show, granted I've only seen 1.5 episodes, .5 of last nights and the entire one the week before. It was just too confusing for me to join mid-season. However I do think it has merit for when I see them all in order "when the dvd hits shelves"

15. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I sometimes miss this show because of work or family demands. I wish they offered downloads on Itunes like they do for Lost.

16. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

I'm a little concerned about this island of misfit toys.[face_worried] It looks like the standard humans aren't going to have chance.It's quite obvious now that Zurr is running it.With Tom as a supplier.Me thinks Kira'a curiosity is going to lead her into becoming a hybrid.I wonder if her dad's not telling her is simply a ploy into getting her killed and cloned by those EBEs.So they can be one big hybrid family.[face_thinking]

17. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Sadly it looks like Invasion will be going on hiatus at the end of March.

18. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

My only hope is it doesn't end with the hybrids taking over the earth.[face_worried]

19. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

We have a new development. It seems every female Hybrid is engineered pregnant. Anyone have a theory on why the creature wouldn't take Kira?:confused:

20. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    The bigger question is why her "father" is so concerned about keeping her from becoming one. He was so willing to lead his wife to the water. Why say that she can never be one of us?

21. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

Perhaps, because they're related, and because it happened to Tom it can't happen to his daughter too. I don't know, we'll possibly find out next week. I'm definitly watching.[face_peace]

22. Kryptonian_Sith

Kryptonian_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2005
    Maybe Kira was sick like Heli(sp?) was. Or maybe the EBE was all "This kid is way too lame to be one of us." Seriously, that girls a good actor, but her character sucks. "Your not my friend." Lamest. Line. Ever. My mom heard her say that and just could't stop laughing. "Is that supposed to change his mind? Neither of them are ten!"

On a side note, Larkin sucks as well! She immediately bought the hybrid theory with no proof, and was willing to blow the secret, again, with no proof! How lame was that?

23. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Another good episode this week. Let's hope this fellow is renewed!

24. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Finaly got caught up on it.

Just finished up last weeks off the DVR.

25. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm so lost now. What have I missed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.