main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Invasion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by sidious618, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Lots :p

I've been playing catch up (I missed almost two months) so I'm still not all filled in I think.

Basically things are starting to come to a head. Underlay isn't near as much in charge as he thought he was, Szura (who Russell just found out is connected to Underlay) is preaching revolution, and all its all going crazy at school where half the kids returned "changed" and half (probably less) didn't.

Last ep we found out that the Govt. not only knows about what is going on but is actively helping in the cover up. When they rescued the "changed" flight crew from the hurricane plane they began experimenting on them just as Underlay feared they would.

2. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Well you can get all caught up.

DVD hits August 22

[image=http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/Invasion_S1.jpg]

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    ABC Cancels Invasion

From The Futon Critic

but...

CW May Pick It Up

From SyFy Portal

Congrats ABC your idiots. If the CW doesn't pick up the show I hope the Invasion producers have a back up plan where they can end the show with the storyline resolved.

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Pity it's just another SciFi show to be added to the cancelled roster.

5. weezer

May 16, 2001
    CW has a pretty full slate already I would think.

Their upfront is the end of the week IIRC. Should be interesting to see what they've got now since they've been playing it fairly close to the chest. CW is really starting to intrest me.

6. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Actually, the CW has expressed interest in Invasion for a while now.

7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Still doesn't change the fact that they've got a pretty full slate from what I've seen so far :p

Like I said, it will be interesting to see what they come up with at their upfront. There are ton's of properties they've been "interested in" over the years. So it will be nice to finally see how many of those they actually come up with now that they have the combined resources of the two net-lets.

I would think that with as long as the two separate networks were known for "picking up the pieces", so to speak, they would focus on the original programing that they already have from their own networks as well as developing new stuff to help establish their niche. I've already heard of two or three all new shows they are picking up and combined with as many established shows as it seems like they are carrying over from WB and UPN they're filling slots up pretty quick.

I'd be happy if they picked it up. It would make my Tivo-ing easier if I can just record the same channel all week long :p

8. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    OK, I'm lost. What is CW?

9. weezer

May 16, 2001
    The CW is the "interim" name of the merged UPN and WB. Stands for CBS and Warner Brothers the parent companies of the two net-lets. Most tend to think they aren't going to stick with the name CW but that remains to be seen.

10. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    CW schedule is online. No Invasion.

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It sucks to have ended the show with a chiffhanger. I hate when shows I watch get cancelled, it sucks. :mad:

12. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Maybe the Sci-Fi channel will pick it up.

13. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I doubt it.

They're really amping up their original programing. They get calls all the time to save this or save that. They addressed it in their magazine one time. Sure, they could of saved Angel (that was the example they used so I used it too ;) ) but it would of meant that they couldn't of done BSG. If they were to pick up Invasion would we miss out on the next BSG (and no, I don't mean Caprica).

I'm sure they'll shop it around a bit and it would be great to see it picked up somewhere but I'll just pick up the DVD and be happy with that if nothing else. Speaking of that, I wonder if it too is going to get a "complete series" box now as opposed to the "season 1" box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.