main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Investigation into validity of invasion claims???

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Dobermann, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dobermann

Dobermann Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    I don't know if this topic has already been discussed but it always seemed kind of strange the way when addressing the senate about the Trade Federation's invasion of Naboo, Queen Amidala wasn't believed by the other senators.

Would the testimony of two Jedi not to mention all of her crew not proved sufficient evidence enough for them? That's basically what I'm questioning. Why was she not believed when she has these characters to back her up?

2. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    The corruption in the senate!

3. Dobermann

Aug 7, 2001
    So obvious! You're absolutely right. I don't know why I didn't just see that before.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Would the testimony of two Jedi not to mention all of her crew not proved sufficient evidence enough for them?

What Jedi? Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were dispatched in secret by the Chancellor. If the Senate discovered what he did, it would be very bad for him.

5. Dobermann

Aug 7, 2001
    Strilo - point taken.

I just would have thought keeping the dispatch of the Jedi a secret would be irrelevant next to the murder of the crew who accompanied them and then trying to kill them too. Not to mention that Naboo had still been invaded.

6. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Like Strilo pointed out seeing as how the Chancellor was the only one that knew about the Jedi he could not bring that up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.