main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Invisible Enemy -- (An-Paj!) COMPLETE and with thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jane Jinn, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Or the Hoth equivelant.

I love how Arwen hasn't given up on the anti-facial hair campaign.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay! Rendell's with them again! I hope he'll be all right. BUt they're out of time, though knowing you two, not really...

I was in the hospital all day yesterday and could have really used An-Paj. Why didn't he show up? :(

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Go An-Paj! I also love the anti-facial hair comment by an out-of-it Arwen. And the sweet exchange of "something" between Trett and Wiyella. But now they're in big trouble. I just hope someone has enough energy left to escape!

Keep going. THis is really keeping me on the edge of my seat!

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Oh my goodness - I've finally caught up and I can't wait for more. I love the way you have the characters perceiving through the Force slightly differently from each other. I also enjoyed all the various fight scenes: Trett and the pismires; An-Paj et al in the freezer; Hachas on the roof; Alta inside the Chapter House. I'm soooo glad that Trett found Arwen, and I loved the humour of Arwen's remark about his beard. Good to see An-Paj perceptive as ever to the feelings between Wiyella and Trett.

Hachas is amazing, and Kiu did well to save Alta. The scene with the older Jedi was lovely. :)

This is my favourite story. :)

5. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    I'M BACK!!!

ARGH what's going to happen to An-Paj and Co. (by the way thanks for the description). I'm sitting here waiting for a miracle to happen. I really can't see a way out of this (aside from both planets been blown up by the equivilent of the Death Star, then there would be no problem, except them all been dead)

I had to get my friend to print this off and bring it for me to read when they came to watch me perform.

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Sorry, all. Am in a bad mood? a long drive back from the convention in heavy traffic dissipated the warm glow generate by Mark Hamill (a nice and genuinely funny guy!), and trouble with email (so what else is new?) causing messages of the last three days to go poof have left me cranky. If you sent me any messages since the 15th, Jane, you may have to resend. :p (the minute you install an upgrade?)

Anyway? thank you to all who are reading this and I deeply apologize for my cranky mood. But to have 19 messages disappear into thin air?! I?m too upset to want to do anything. I don?t want to keep you waiting any longer, though. :)

Alta stepped out from behind the column, moving around the fallen bodies of her comrades and their attackers, issuing orders quietly, in a clipped voice. Beside her, young Kiu was doing her best, dodging stun rays and lunging, slashing at any attacker who got too close. She cried out as a droid swung its attack arm erratically, smashing into her face, and she thrust blindly into its torso. Sparks of circuitry sputtered and flew, and it erupted into flames.

"Down!" cried Alta, tackling Kiu and bearing her to the ground. The tank of noxious gas on its back exploded, sending chards of metals and thick clouds of yellow smoke through the air."

The girl wasn't badly hurt, and she struggled gamely to her feet, leaning to give Alta a hand.

"Follow Master Al-Ydar back to the Control Room!" gasped the Jedi Master. "I'll join you shortly!"

Kiu backed up slowly, reluctant, and Alta turned to look back at the Rotunda, loathe to give free run of her home to the invaders. The Jedi teams were fading slowly into the smoke, knowing the routes and the shortcuts, falling back to the Control Room, where they would make their last stand.

Now Alta reached out with the Force, feeling it flow and move around the Rotunda, around the columns and the statues, felt it moving through the Batangans and through the bodies of the fallen Jedi. She bit her lip, hoping that they would survive what she must do now. She sent the Force moving up the graceful archways, gently pulling at them, testing them. Each arch has a weakness, and a stone, nudged just so... There was a sharp crackle, a low rumble. The Batangans were as blind in the smoke as Alta had been, and they stopped, with their ears swiveling as they tried to pinpoint the source of the threat. Sharp yelps of alarm and pain rang out and a few raced for the safety of the nearby corridors as the massive central dome collapsed down on top of them, and the archways of the feeder corridors smashed down as well, leaving piles of rubble blocking access to the halls.

Satisfied, Alta turned and ran as fast and as hard as she could. And was knocked off her feet, falling hard on her face as pain laced its way around her ribcage. Stun bolt. It was her last conscious thought...

7. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, this is really getting tense. Poor Jedi. I only hope that they will be saved in the end.

Good job. And sorry to hear about your email. I remember when my computer crashed and all my stories were gone on it. Luckily I'd backed it up on another computer so I only lost the day's writing but.... All you can do with email is hope they resend!

Good luck.

8. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Ik, is it just me, or have the Boards been acting up? They've been 'unavailable' sveral times I've tried to access them.

Alta's down? Nooo! And the others are in big trouble too. Huge trouble. Going off the top of the scale trouble. I'd complain about having no fingernails left, but my violin teacher's waging war on fingernails anyway :p

9. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Dang you ladies are killing me. No one's safe, you THINK things are turning okay and then...WHAM, the Jedi get caught, Alta gets stunned. Excellent action writing though, definitely feeling Robin Cook or Michael Palmer here.

Can't wait for more!

Oh and I'm sorry about your email as well, I'd be rather annoyed as well. :(

I am, however, EXTREMELY jealous that you met Mark Hamill...*turns green and mutters*

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm so sorry for the delay. Life is just too hectic lately.

dianethx Don't worry, most of the Jedi will survive to the end of the story. :)

HaiGan Yes, the boards have been acting up lately. They were also down for a few hours at one point.

You're taking violin lessons? Wow.

padawan lunetta Nope, no one's safe. Glad you're enjoying the action writing. We're certainly having fun on our end of things. :D

And going back a few posts to other responses:

Black_Scout No, I don't think we'll blow up both planets ... not this time, anyway. You sound like you were desperate for your next installment, having your friend bring it over. What did you perform?

Tahi I'm glad you thought the scene with the older Jedi was lovely. I thought that there wouldn't be such emphasis on youth and good looks in the Temple, but more on age or at least experience.

dianethx I think you'll find at least one person in this story with the energy to escape. :D

DarthIshtar Sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. Hope it was nothing serious. Why didn't An-Paj come? Well, he was kind of tied up, you know ...

PadawanKitara You love Arwen's anti facial hair campaigne? I think I remember that I suggested that line to Renata, so thanks! And if not, then thanks on her behalf.

Ty-gon Jinn I hear you on the hot swashbuckling babes bringing in the guys. I guess that's the reason that Zam Wessell, the changeling, appeared most often in human female guise instead of turning into a Wookiee, for instance, or a Chagrian.

Here's the next installment, a rather boring, non-cliffhanger segment.

Backing up away from the Rotunda, Kiu watched as Mistress Corona reached out one hand. She could feel the Force move under the command of the elder Jedi, and realized what the woman was going to do at the same moment that she heard the first rumble of stone. Comforted by the thought of the imminent collapse of the Rotunda?s ceiling ? or rather, by the thought that it would definitely hinder the progress of the invaders, Kiu turned and jogged towards the main control room. As she reached the intersection to a cross corridor, however, she saw through the smoke and dust the dark outlines of two Batangans approaching the intersection from her right. They?d obviously got through the Rotunda somehow, and had come up the same way Kiu had gone in before joining up with Mistress Corona ? from the far north corridor.

Powering down her lightsaber, Kiu dived into an elementary roll, letting two blaster bolts shoot by above her. She was also vaguely aware of a very deep, almost subsonic, resounding boom from behind her, and could feel it vibrating through her spine as she came in contact with the floor. Coming up, she ignited her blade again, and became aware that both Batangans were wincing ? an expression she hadn?t seen before. But they hadn?t lowered their blasters, and Kiu continued her movements quite instinctively. Her lightsaber sliced diagonally downwards through the arm and the ribcage of the Batangan on the right, and as soon as she stood fully upright again, Kiu used both hands to stop the movement and pull the saber to her left. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the first Batangan collapse. As the second Batangan slumped against the wall only a moment later, Kiu was suddenly reminded of the old master in the far east corridor. The temptation to check up on him was great, and she actually took a step in that direction.

In the next moment, however, her Force-enhanced sense of danger prickled in the back of her mind, and there was the sound of running boots from the corridor behind her. Kiu swirled around, her lightsaber ready in the classic defensive position, and saw a series of blue rings send a brown-cloaked figure flying to the floor.

A Jedi was down, but only stunned. There was still a chance to help! Kiu charged forwards, and the old master?s voice echoed in her head. Use your strengths -- and see![

11. Black_Scout

Nov 10, 2003
    I don't think that post was boring.

I was performing a dance show, of ballet and jazz. It was amazing and it has gone down as one of my best experiences ever. However when my friend gave my the post the last few words of every line were missing so in the evening I played guess the missing words. I was also looking for my sanity in my dancing bag because i had gone mad on hair spray ( someone brought a leaking can in to our room).

You aren't going to kill An-Paj are you? Because if you are i might be forced to send an angry mob to you by air mail.

Haigan - but my violin teacher's waging war on fingernails anyway My friend has that problem too, unfortunatly my fingernails never grow past my finger ends, so my Viola teacher can't complain

12. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Loyal Lurker, checking in. The Rotunda collapsed, the Betangans in the halls, the Jedi Forces split in two... surely help is on the way?!?

13. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Wonderful. I love your action sequences. They leave me breathless!!! Wow. Glad that Kiu is able to use a lightsaber to such a good effect.

Can't wait to see what you are going to do to get the Jedi to survive. Great job.

14. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    A Jedi was down, but only stunned. There was still a chance to help! Kiu charged forwards, and the old master?s voice echoed in her head. Use your strengths -- and see!. Closing her eyes, Kiu reached out for the Force to get a feel for the situation. The Jedi?s life force was still strong, but there was the muted energy of a Batangan approaching from the left. Letting go of her conscious self, Kiu was aware that she was jumping into an aerial somersault, but there was no chance ? and no need ? to remember the disaster she?d had when using the maneuver that day with Hachas. This time, it worked. It was just like being on the floor ? except for the lack of floor. But her arms and legs ended up more or less where they were supposed to, and although she bobbled on the landing and fell to her knees, her lightsaber had already slashed down at the right angle. I LOVED that part, you write using the Force very well.

It wasn't a boring post at all, it just gave a moment to breathe and perhaps be sucked into another false sense of security. ;)

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree about all those action sequences you guys do so beautifully.

I was in the hospital with kidney problems. I was having pain on monday, violently ill tuesday, in the ER on Wednesday, home thursday, asleep friday and most of saturday. No work that entire week, urgh! But I'm on antibiotics and pain meds, so all should be well. And I had to go to a lady-stuff doctor because they found a cyst the size of an orange.

16. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Thank you all, for still reading! Sorry I didn?t respond more earlier. I think email is sorted out, but I still get the feeling that black smoke will start shooting out the keyboard whenever I touch it? Foolish machine isn?t even 4 years old! I suppose for a computer, that?s antique!

Good heavens, Ishtar! As soon as Jane can extricate An-Paj?if she can extricate An-Paj? we will try to send him straight along! The Force and our thoughts are with you.

Thank you, Lunetta! No one is safe? well? then again Jane & I are awfully soft-hearted. And I didn?t get to talk to him, but I was close. Maybe we?ll get lucky & he?ll show up at future cons. I didn?t realize he was living in NY now.

And in fairness to Trett, Kitara, he HAS been shaving since the Tomb incident. Though he probably is rather stubbly about now?

Ah, Tahi, An-Paj is a hopeless romantic, so he?s perceptive. The question is, what is he going to do about it? (No use asking me; that?s in Jane?s hands? scary thought! :eek: )

And thank you, dianethx! Action scenes, to me, are always the essence of Star Wars, so we tried really hard to keep them sparking! I was able to remember MOST of the people who?d sent email, so I think I got the important stuff. I lost one person, though, and it was her new email address! I?ll see her face to face, at some point, and explain I wasn?t dissing her?

Congrats on the performance, Black Scout! Does your friend read fanfic, too, or was she just humoring you? I understand about the fingernail thing; gave up on mine long ago? at least I save a fortune in manicures!

Delurk anytime, Lillith; we?re always glad to hear from you! The cavalry?if they have it in the GFFA? is certainly due right about now, I suppose.

And good to hear from you, too, Hai Gan? any chance of you wandering into Classics and getting Thom off that cliff?

And Ty-Gon and Sarah_K and Lucy and Furry? don?t forget to check in from time to time! T-G, it?s not like you to keep us waiting too long for the next installment! (peers hopefully at the Xesh Files).

17. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I thought that there wouldn't be such emphasis on youth and good looks in the Temple, but more on age or at least experience. I agree and it's very refreshing to see. I like Knight Smood - what a lovely name. I hope the old Jedi is okay - poor old fella.

Oh my goodness - thanks goodness for Kiu. Alta will be impressed with the way Kiu saved her. I loved Alta's Samson move - way to go girl!

I agree with the others about the action scenes - they're terrific. I also like the way you show how each Jedi's use of the Force varies a little. I like that idea.

Yes, An-Paj is a sweetie. I wonder how he'll get Wiyella and Trett to ackowledge their feelings?

18. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    *enters, sets down her lunch bag and Lucy's tuna, punches Review Card, and smiles alertly* I have officially checked in! You wouldn't believe how disgustingly perky I feel. I got my hair cut the shortest I've ever had it since I was four, and I feel light-headed in more ways than one. If by some strange chance, you want to see what it looks like, I took the opportunity to update both mine and Lucy's pictures in my bio! You at least have to see hers (look farther down in my actual 'Bio' section for the link) -- she declares she looks positively stately in this shot! Quirky cat. ;)

AAH! *drops 'Order of the Phoenix' in panic* Leave Hachas' bungee cord alone!! :eek:

*pats Renata's shoulder* Aw, I'm sorry, Renata! Computer Troubles live just next door to Migraines. In fact, the latter can frequently be found in the former's living room... And I guess four years must be ancient because my similarly aged machine is beginning to go gunny bag as well. Something's amuck with my graphics card, and SpyWare has taken such a hold that my poor lappy-top has taken to terminal unpredictability. Things like occasionally shutting off for no reason... Lucy recommends chasing spiders as a good way to relieve stress; however I would not recommend eating your prey, like she does. :p

Oh good! They're not dead yet.: *whew* Not that I was really worried; I've read 'Bound to Happen'! :D But the nail-biting generated over 'HOW will everyone survive?' was just as bad as any that might have occurred over 'WILL everyone survive?'. That suggest mental flukiness on my part... Or else a love of nail-biting. One thing I can't quite work out is whether Wiyella, Paj, and Arwen would have been okay if Rendell hadn't turned up... On the one hand I'd say yes; you very hilariously had An-Paj's success coinside with Rendell's. On the other, I'd say no; An-Paj was looking distinctly blue (*smacks forehead* Bluer than usual!) and I'm not sure if he could have managed to shift the door now that he'd sliced the hydraulics. Does it matter? Probably not. I loved the scene regardless. ;) How interesting that someone besides Rendell and Wiyella is finally cluing in to their marginally-subtle attraction. I wonder what An-Paj will do with it? He's a discerning bloke, he is. *laughs* And Arwen's anti-beard war continues, even in near-delirium!! Too funny. [face_laugh] Great job with the healer stuff -- you nicely combine the Force with science! Less of an ooshy-gooshy-healing-energy thing, and more of a telekinetic-toxin-zapping thing. Lucy is frowning over my use of 'ooshy' as a viable word. :p
    Trett reached up his left hand to grasp hers, and in a rough voice, said, "I'm still here, padawan."

"Don't go," she whispered.

"I won't," he said hoarsely, glancing up at Wiyella for additional assurance.

*sniffs* So very in character! Not willing to make a promise he can't keep -- never mind that it's his life he's talking about. *smiles mushily* But while they may be out of the freezer, they're not out of the woods! Help!

NOT ALTA!: I like Alta! Hm. Y'know, I don't think there are any of your good guys that I don't like... So maybe 'Not Alta! The Chapter House won't survive without Alta!' will carry more weight. Funny how I went from being surprised at how good she was at fighting, to being shocked that she'd actually been stunned. More reality checks from the authoresses! Collapsing the hallway was very clever; my oppinion of Alta's mind and nerves remains unshaken. ;)

Kiu goes solo: *applauds* Very good! An excellent foray into the wilds of independence! I liked that she finally got that move down. Oh yes, and I like Knight Smood! He's got a clear head, he takes young fighting padawans in easy stride, and his name is cool. Does he need anything else to earn my regard? Not really. ;)

So what happens next?? Too many unresolved issues here. Not the least of which: where'd Mrs. Paj the sixth go? ?[face_plain]

Lucy wishes to point out that one possible defense tactic for th

19. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I think I'm up for the next part -- I hope this is in the right place.

Black_Scout I love watching ballet and I admire anybody who can dance anything. And no, I'm not going to kill An-Paj.

Lilith Demodae I'm always pleased to see a comment from a Loyal Lurker! :) Wait and see if help is on the way.

dianethx My action scenes leave you breathless? Thank you! *blushes* And as for Kiu using a lightsaber to good effect -- her technique might be a bit sloppy in places, but survival is such a good motivation ...

padawan lunetta You loved that part? I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm doing something right. :)

Another false sense of security? We shall see ...

DarthIshtar Good heavens! Kidney problems AND a cyst? I do hope everything turns out all right. Love the phrase "lady-stuff doctor."

Tahi I agree, An-Paj is a sweetie! But as for what he can do about Trett and Wiyella ... I don't know.

Sarah_K Goodness, what a review! Great job with the healer stuff Thank you! What on earth is "ooshy-gooshy", though? ;) Do you mean like in the h/c fics where Qui-Gon only has to put his hand on Obi-Wan's head to send him a "wave of healing power"? That's the Forceful equivalent of tucking a blanket over somebody, I think. An-Paj, along with other healers, is more like a living antibiotic, doing a sort of microbic "search and destroy" type of action. "Telekinetic toxin zapping thing" -- I love that phrase! I feel like I want to work it into a story somewhere ... but where?

Lucy That's a good idea, leaving drugged meat lying around. The Batangans have such a keen sense of smell, though, that I wonder if they wouldn't suspect something. I'm sure sleeping drugs do have their own kind of scent, weak though it might be. Perhaps a bit of spicy marinade to disguise it? Or do you think Batangans are not as discerning as, say, Abyssnans? ;)

Kiu and Knight Smood hadn?t quite reached the control room yet when Mistress Corona suddenly made a groaning sound, and Kiu felt tension in the arm that was slung across her shoulders.

?She?s waking up,? Knight Smood said, glancing around. ?Here. This way.?

He moved towards one side of the corridor and pressed a button. A door slid open and they entered the room, smoke and dust billowing in along with them. As the door tried to close again, it scraped over a piece of grit that had fallen onto its track, producing a painfully high, metallic screech that made Kiu wince. The dust fell, the smoke dissipated, and Kiu could see that they were in a conference room.

Giving a satisfied grunt, Knight Smood reached out with his free arm and pulled the nearest chair away from the large table. They draped Mistress Corona into it carefully, and she was awake enough not to slump down again. She blinked several times and coughed twice, then straightened up and looked around.

?All right?? Knight Smood asked.

?That sound was enough to wake the dead,? Mistress Corona murmured. She swallowed once, then appeared more alert. ?Status??

?Padawan here saved your life, nice Qui-Gon Jinn-type aerial somersault with downstrike. Otherwise, status unchanged.?

Kiu felt the heat of a blush burn her cheeks, but bit down a protest, secretly hoping that he?d say more about her feat if she didn?t interrupt him. Maybe he?d even tell Hachas!

?Thank you, Kiu,? Mistress Corona said, smiling.

Kiu fumbled for words. ?The Force was with me, Mistress Corona.?

?It certainly was.?

Knight Smood made a satisfied sound, nodding to himself.

?There are too many Batangans for hand-to-hand combat, though,? Mistress Corona sighed. ?If only we could vent them from the Chapter House as easily as we vented the gas.?

?Not enough water power to wash them away?? Smood asked, using his thumb to indicate the ceiling. Kiu glanced up to see one single emergency water sprinkler.

Mistress Corona didn?t answer. Kiu thought about how a flood of water would rush through the corrid

20. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Cool idea and if they can use sound out of the range of humans but not the enemy, that would be even better!!!!

Loved the little Qui-Gon quip! Go Kiu!

21. Black_Scout

Nov 10, 2003
    "It doesn't matter she isn't going to kill him," Suzy (that's my real name) says to angry mob assembled near to largest air mail parcel you have ever seen.

Maybe the jedi should swap roles padawans can train masters in simple solutions. I get the feeling that Kiu will have a lot more self convidence when this is over.

Mistress_Renata - unfortunatly I have been unable to convince my friend that star wars fan fiction is very good. She did read a little of some others ages ago (just after Ep. 2 came out). However I think her real reason for liking Star Wars is because of Anakin in Ep. 2 and 3. She had a calender with him on last year.

Hey after DarthIshtar (get well soon, by the way) has finished with An-Paj can I borrow him. I have an awful cough and last night i was up at 2 in the morning with bloodshot eyes getting cough medicine. But I have to keep going because I have to go to school.

I'm so excited it's my sister's 5th birthday party on saturday and we're having a huge bouncy castle. Then its also my Nanna's 70th so we're having a surprise party for her about an hour after. I am been the disraction, so Mum can set up, by letting her take me to have my hair cut.

22. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Nope, this is right, Jane! I was waiting for it. :)

Gorgeous, GORGEOUS weather here, finally! I spent it running errands (3 weddings to buy presents for!), doing laundry, and Sarah_K inspired me to re-read Order of the Phoenix, even though it's almost as depressing as EpIII is likely to be... I've been casting Umbridge in my head... I'm thinking of the woman who played the wife in Fawlty Towers. I want to say Prunella Scales?

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I've been casting Umbridge in my head... I'm thinking of the woman who played the wife in Fawlty Towers. I want to say Prunella Scales?
    No, she was too nice for Umbridge. You need someone nastier than Mrs. Fawlty!

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Way to go Kiubits!!

My puppy actually liked Lucy's idea of drugged meat. He never notices when I put pills in his treats. He thinks it would make the battle very tasty. Oh, what do dogs know 8-}

25. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Hello, all! A bit late tonight? shindig after work I had to attend. Have finished re-reading Prisoner of Azkaban, and I STILL have to wait a month for the film! Grr!

Lunetta ?We?re all about false senses of security. :D

Scout ?sounds like you had a fun but busy day! I bet your Nana was happy just spending time with you, too. Jane & I are rather hard on our poor heroes?

Lillith ? I know the cavalry is due? I guess they?re just running late! LOL!

Dianethx ? ah, you know we had to put the Qui-Gon quip in, since we couldn?t fit the Tall One himself in! [face_love] I just think Prunella would be good, because she can go from barking ?BASIL!? to cooing and gushing all over the guests. And didn?t she play Mapp in Mapp and Lucia, who was very nearly the essence of Umbridge? ?SO kind, sweet one, of you to think of me, dear.? Or am I mixed up?

Kitara ? Oh, dear, you did tell your puppy the meat was DRUGGED, didn?t you? My old dog used to do the ?pill in raw hamburger? until he got clever, and learned how to stow the pill in the corner of his mouth, eat the hamburger and spit out the pill. We then started coating it in peanut butter.

Sarah_K ? LOVED the picture of Lucy! She does look very regal, the essence of feline. And she chases spiders? Geez, wish I could hire her to come clean out my bedroom (there are so many trees planted around my apartment that the main bug problem I have is various kinds of ?ugh?arachnids. Found one building a web on my CAR this morning!) Drugged meat is a pretty good idea, though in a way, I suppose that?s how it all started. I?m fond of Alta, too? I kind of like seeing a feisty older woman whip the young ?uns into line (that?s why I loved Dame Judy in the Bond movies!)

Ishtar ? And now you?re doing dress fittings?! Ooo, so exciting! Hope your medical problems are working out, so that you can enjoy the bridal stuff!

Tahi ?yup, as you said, it?s nice to give the old folks a chance to hold their own. And I think it adds a nice layer of texture to the Order. Their reflexes may have slowed a fraction, maybe not so much flexibility, but experience and wisdom give them something else. What is that saying? ?Youth and speed can never match old age and treachery??

And Ty-Gon and KD and HaiGan? I know you?ve all got RL going on, but try to check in so we know you?re still alive. You?re missed! [face_love] (Particularly those of you who were in the middle of posting stories? come to think of it, that?s all of you!)

And to any of the Loyal Lurkers who didn?t get mentioned? we know you?re out there and we love you all!

(Jane, I broke this into two pieces).

Arwen was still cold to the bone; Trett's hand was warm in hers. His eyes were closed, and he was very pale. Please live, she thought. She turned to look at the guards, their pismire assistants. She recognized the head of the security guards; her lightsaber was still attached to his belt.

He turned his head, flicking an ear back towards his subordinates. "Sorry, pack. Guess we won't have delicacies tonight. We've got to think of something more permanent."

"Simple," sneered one of the other guards. He padded across the floor to one of the giant machines and pulled a lever. It rumbled into life.

The guards moved forward then, grabbing the Jedi. The young Padawan grit her teeth as her captors sank their claws through the sleeves of her tunic into her arm.

The head Security chief sniffed at Trett. "He's for the flowers," he said. He looked at the rest. "Okay. Put them in."

The guards slipped those terrible plastic restraints on her wrists, and tossed her on to some sort of conveyor belt that slowly rumbled towards the maw of the machine. Arwen remembered what this one did; grinding the great lumps of ore into powder, so that the kuvium could be extracted. She had seen it in action earlier. She twisted, rolling to her stomach as the belt slowly brought her closer to the crushing teeth of the machine. It was difficult, t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.