main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Invisible Enemy -- (An-Paj!) COMPLETE and with thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jane Jinn, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Still no Hachas...paranoia is starting to creep in

2. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    Ok, you two are starting to annoy me now! I want Hachas :( ! Please O:) , I love you both really

By the way, sorry I haven't replied for a while, I've been REALLY busy.

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Princess - she's really going through the ringer with having a baby, then going into full protection mode as all heck breaks loose!

Good job. Hope Kiu finds her Master before all the readers go crazy!

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Tahi Yeah, Kiu would look like a built-in babysitter, wouldn't she, as she rather belongs to Hachas.

Knight_Dilettante I was thinking I would rather take on a Sith apprentice than try to face down all of An-Paj's wives when they were on the warpath. *laughs* Yes, they would be dangerous as a group, wouldn't they? An-Taec could squash any enemy with a shuttle, An-Darste could scalp the enemy, An-Hwaet and An-Fyrre could cut up the enemy and cook it, An-Afor would supervise, of course, and organize any attacking that needed organizing, and An-Silf ... hmm ... would keep the kids out of the way. They are definitely the right people to protect Princess Rallan at this time. :)

padawan lunetta A sequel? Not to the An-Paj part, although Renata's been nagging me on occasion to write the story of Princess Rallan, Hachas, and Kiu. Lately, however, I'm thinking that my creativity has gone into hibernation, if it hasn't withered away and died completely. So don't hold your breath.

PadawanKitara Paranoia about Hachas? Hey, I have never killed off anybody in any of my stories, and certainly not a main character. That's not to say that the main characters don't suffer, however. ;)

Black_Scout Faith and patience, Hachas is coming. :)

dianethx Yeah, poor princess. I was in full protection mode after my kids were born, and I wasn't even being chased from planet to planet and from civil war to civil war.

I never thought that a small lack of Hachas would lead to all this worry!

?We could use another healer to assist us,? An-Paj said to the young Twi?lek padawan as she guided them into the surgery room.

?I?ll see who?s free, Master An-Paj,? the padawan replied, and ducked out again.

Looking down at Knight Trett, An-Paj then glanced over to Wiyella. ?Are you up to this??

?Honestly?? she asked with a little smile. ?I do want to be here, but all I can think about is going to bed, turning up the heat in my room, and sleeping.?

An-Paj nodded, having been thinking of almost exactly the same things himself. ?You won?t do him any good if you?re too exhausted to help, you know.?

?I know. But I still want to make sure ...?

?Go to bed. If he complains about not getting the best care, tell him I ordered you.?

Wiyella?s smile became broader. ?Why don?t you tell your wives that I ordered you to bed, too??

?I think I will,? An-Paj said. At that moment, the door swished open and Healer Johakin came in, followed by the padawan. ?You need my help??

?Actually, we?re turning the case over to you,? An-Paj said. ?Get one or two others to assist you; Knight Trett will need it. He?s been stung by a pismire and the venom can be lethal. There are other injuries as well.?

?Stung by a pismire?? Johakin looked shocked. ?Where? How??

?Rescuing us on Batanga,? Wiyella said, looking down at Trett fondly.

?Rescue you? From what??

?Death by hypothermia. The Batangans had locked us up in a deep-freezer.?

?Get two more healers as fast as you can,? Johakin said to the padawan. ?Then give Master An-Paj and Master ? er --??

?Lluworit,? Wiyella put in.

?Don?t say ?give them a check-up,? because we?re fine,? An-Paj said, then caught a wave of disappointment from the padawan and added, ?No offense to your healing abilities, padawan. We just need to rest.?

Slightly mollified but still obviously yearning for a chance to do real healer?s work, the Twi?lek nodded, then moved towards the door.

?With six wives to warm you up, you?ll soon be generating enough heat to run the entire chapter house. We could have used you when the power went out --? Johakin broke off suddenly, obviously feeling An-Paj?s glare. ?Aaaayyyyiiii.?

Wiyella hesitated, and An-Paj knew she wanted desperately to stay, or even to give Trett?s hand a squeeze, but didn?t dare do so in front of Johakin. After a moment, she excused herself with a smile and drifted out of the room behind the padawan.

?I?ll come back and help as soon as I can,? An-

5. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Eeep! *shakes herself free of the Thespian and Costume Monsters* Well, our production of Alice in Wonderland is now firmly ended and I can finally leave both my sewing machine and script and write the feedback I've been trying to write for nearly two weeks! It would have helped if the original costume mistress had gotten off her duff and given me a hand (and by hand I don't mean, "Here, Sarah, this box has the fabric and patterns for the Queen's, King's, Duchess', Cheshire Cat's, Caterpillar's, Dormouse's, White Rabbit's, and Tweedledee and Tweedledum's outfits. Good luck!", and I certainly don't mean, "Oh, the first performance is tomorrow? Well, I didn't manage to finish the egg for Humpty Dumpty -- it's just not working -- maybe you can figure something out."). :rolleyes: Enough moaning self-pity -- it was a good experience; made all the better by all these new posts waiting for me when I was finally able to turn my computer on again!! :D For the record, Lucy wants to state that she *tried* to help me with the sewing and I was being resistant. Also for the record I would like to state that all she did was get cat hair on my fabric and bat holes in all my patterns. :p

A WAY belated congratulations to Emma3Jane!! @};-

Cooking Oil: [face_laugh] Oh, that was too funny! The most delicious bit of back story you could have brought up; I'm sure Hael will be pleased (or... was it An-Hael who was responsible for the cooking oil? I'm determined to get the names straight, but my brain is fighting me every step of the way... [face_thinking] ) Another line that made me laugh was: "I imagine the Abyssnans and some of the others won't take kindly to this." But that may have mostly been because Lucy had such a funny cringing sort of expression at the time... Sympathetic claw extension, and all that. Good thing the Jedi keep earmuffs in with the fire extinguishers. ;)

Romance: Pardon me while I indulge in quoting: "My sixth wife," An-Paj said. His previous indignation, which had mostly been surprise, had faded, and now he felt pride similar to what he'd felt when his padawan had become a healer-knight. It was quite an irrational feeling, because he really hadn't had any part in An-Taec becoming a pilot, not like the way he'd guided Vijayanagar through the years of training, but he still couldn't help feeling excited about it somehow. Or maybe it was just amazement that he was married to her, to someone who, though one single act, had suddenly become mysterious and unknown. He found that he wanted to get to know her -- the new her -- better. Allowing himself a small smile, An-Paj added her name, speaking it almost with a sense of awe. "An-Taec." I absolutely loved that whole paragraph! And while the romantic mood is on our fine healer and his sixth wife, maybe they can go do some nudging. Given the current Trett/Istarri/Lluworet timeline, Rendell still hasn't made his move as of Bound To Happen. Not good, Trett! [face_shame_on_you] Anyway, though, I got a kick out of Taec jumping the gun like that! Thank goodness. And Jedi, you say?! *does a rendition of her personal victory dance... until Lucy gives her The Look* o_O
    Lucy says she has several first and second cousins in New Orleans; she wonders if any of the felines you met had particularly piercing pale green eyes? I guess it's a family trait. She also commends you on the blouse, sight unseen; she seems to be operating under the assumption that if a cat persuaded you to purchase it, then it must be very nice indeed. :p

IT WORKED!!: Huzzah! I felt terrible for poor Ciello, but the solution was otherwise perfect. The defeated Bangatans are by no means dead, and the remaining Jedi are safe! And it was very cool, at that moment, to have the back-up arrive. With Plo Koon! To be honest, I whooped. Not too loud, really, but after so many posts of them getting pressed back, you created a highly satisfying cessation of Inter-Chapter-House hostilities. Again I must commend all concerned (Jane, Ren

6. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    He gave his sixth wife a smile, but at the same time, he found himself feeling rather sorry for Wiyella, who had only an empty room to return to. He?d have to do something about that ... later.

Don't all good stories end with a wedding? LOL. Not for most Jedi but I could use a warm romance right about now! Poor Wiyella may be going to an empty room but she does need to rest! And tomorrow is another day.

Good job with this whole thing.

7. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    An-Paj has decided to do something about the relationship? Those two don't stand a chance now

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *Stops holding breath* Thought it might be Kiu and Hachas....though An-Paj is always a great cameo, specially in your hands. :)

?With six wives to warm you up, you?ll soon be generating enough heat to run the entire chapter house. We could have used you when the power went out --? Johakin broke off suddenly, obviously feeling An-Paj?s glare. ?Aaaayyyyiiii.? LOL!

Cute how Wiyella looked fondly down at Trett...

And the poor padawan, not being able to give the Master Healers a checkup. I'd find that ironically amusing :D

9. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I'm not sure I'm willing to let go of this cliff edge yet. I am however going to bellow that I want to know that Hachas is alright and I want to know it now! Not that it will do a scrap of good but it got some of the tension out.

And the poor padawan, not being able to give the Master Healers a checkup. Brave padawan for wanting to try!

KD

10. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    "With six wives to warm you up, you'll soon be generating enough heat to run the entire chapter house. We could have used you when the power went out --" Johakin broke off suddenly, obviously feeling An-Paj's glare. "Aaaayyyyiiii."

I do love that line! Jedi ?Open Mouth, Insert foot? strikes again! [face_laugh]

Have to apologize for not posting individual responses to Sarah_K, Kithera, Luney, Black Scout, dianethx, KD & all the faithful Lurkers; what with mods stepping down and mods stepping up I wasn?t sure I?d even have time to post this tonight. Please know I love and appreciate you all, and just seeing your names checking in makes me feel good!!! [:D]

Oh, and re: "where's Hachas?" You have to ask Jane!

Wiyella headed for the bedroom she'd been assigned on her arrival, the bedroom she'd spent next to no time in when a soft sound interrupted her.

"Mistress Lluworit?" She nodded at the young Padawan sent to fetch her. "The Council is meeting. They need a situation report. The teams have arrived on Batanga."

Duty before sleep. Mentally groaning, Wiyella followed the boy down the hallway, picking her way around piles of debris and noting with some surprise that the Rotunda had collapsed. When did that happen?

The conference room was packed. She recognized Plo Koon and Kinxit from the Jedi High Council. Alta Corona and Smood were there, too, looking as tired as she felt. A ring of holograms represented the rest of the Jedi High Council, and three other holograms must be the teams of Knights on the Batangan homeworld.

The hologram of Yoda flickered. "Mistress Wiyella," he said. "Keep you, we will not. Your report, though, on this virus, is needed."

She sat then, pulling her thoughts together, and carefully, methodically, began to lay out the situation she had found on Sarawaksala, her research to determine the cause of the disease, Pau's sacrifice and An-Paj's discovery of the link to the homeworld.

"Is Master An-Paj available?" asked Mace Windu.

"He was just headed to his quarters," said Wiyella.

"We've asked his wives, who say he's not available." Alta's tone was flat with disapproval. Wiyella could not take sides. He had earned his rest, and she could understand why his wives would feel protective. On the other hand, he was a Jedi Knight, and he would know better than they would why he was needed. A Jedi may not know love. Too often, it conflicted with duty. In this case, she thought his wives were right. She wouldn't deny him the well-deserved bed he was headed to.

She shook off the mood and brought her mind back to the matter. "We were together, I can give his report. He needs to recuperate, right now. He'll have a lot ahead of him tomorrow. We went to the Homeworld to investigate the factories, to determine how the retrovirus was being introduced into the kuvium supply," she said, continuing to tell of their reception at the factory, the small subterfuge they had used to gain access and the dangerous investigation they had set for Arwen.

11. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Never any rest for the weary. Poor Wiyella! At least An-Paj was able to catch some zzzzzs. Go protective wives!

Poor Mod Renata. :D Think Qui-Gon and that lovely voice of his. Is he still at the pool? LOL...

Keep going!

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    It now looks like poor Manager Renanta!

They sent Knights to Bentangan homeworld? Did I miss something?

13. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Dang, there's definitely no rest for the weary! Sounds like Wiyella needs six husbands to protect her...(Or maybe just Trett ;))

Wonder what this investigation of Arwen's is... :D

Can't wait for more! (Note that I didn't ask where Hachas is again... ;))

14. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    I have decided that if someone doesn't tell me where Hachas is and what he is up to I am going to start inventing things. Sample: Perhaps he is lazing in a lovely hot mineral mud bath formed by the Batagans attempt to destroy the chapter house. He looks as though he is sleeping but really he is trying to work out how to convince Mistress Corona that keeping this new theraputic resource is a wise thing to do.

KD

15. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Hm, did Jane & I not mention the geothermal baths? We decided that Jedi Chapter Houses are built over them, specifically for their therapeutic qualities. They are also useful natural energy sources, so that keeping things warm is not difficult. Wouldn't YOU want a natural hot tub in every Jedi installation? (I was thinking of those Japanese hot springs... always wanted to go to one...)

Not mud, though. Messy! :D

The Jedi teams on the Homeworld left at about the same time the rescue crews did. They got there after Our Heroes jumped, so probably found quite a bit of... confusion.

16. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Hi, all. Sorry, I have been super busy lately. Spent the day have some quality Mom time; afternoon tea & a quilt show, and tomorrow ? HARRY POTTER!!! I can?t wait!!!

First of all, welcome back, Sarah_K! And of course Lucy! Hope you liked the acknowledgement? ?Mistress Loo-Zhie? is of course based on someone we all know and love.

Thank you for the support, Kithera & dianethx! There are times when I wonder if the pretty colors are worth it. Qui-Gon? yes, thoughts of that man do tend to make the dark clouds dissipate? [face_love]

Dang, there's definitely no rest for the weary! Sounds like Wiyella needs six husbands to protect her...(Or maybe just Trett ) Got it in one, Lunetta! Though protecting her is apparently a tougher job than it would seem.

Hope the geothermal baths meet your approval, KD!

Right, without further ado?

Before she could describe what the girl had found, Arwen herself entered, looking dull-eyed and sleepy, with a disapproving Kemba at her heels. Wiyella frowned, turning to Kinxit. "My masters, I protest! Padawan Istarri had the worst of the ordeal, and needs the Healers' Ward!"

"This must be done," said Master Anakarr, his image flickering with static. "The teams at the factories are meeting resistance, and they could destroy the evidence before we can get to it. Her testimony will help us pinpoint the search."

"We will release her to you when spoken she has," said Yaddle's pale blue image.

Alta gestured, drawing a chair across the room with the Force and directing Arwen into it.

With no apparent interest, the girl gave her testimony. Her master had trained her well, thought Wiyella. The information was clear and concise, organized rather than rambling, and with detail. The room was silent, listening. Anakarr interrupted only once, asking about specifics on the labs and the markings on the tainted containers. Then with a nod, three of the holograms disappeared as the teams on Batanga began their search for evidence.

Arwen finished her testimony, and Wiyella resumed hers, the threats and attack by the guards, their incarceration in the freezing units, Trett's rescue and injuries, the short battle at the crusher and finally, An-Taec's timely rescue. She sat back, then, listening carefully as Alta described the attack on the Chapter House, feeling a twinge of guilt. She hadn't realized that simply running the blockade would bring down so much destruction to the others. My fault there. And they had gone unarmed. Stupid idea number two, which led to Rendell having to come to the rescue. Thoughts of him led her to glance at Arwen, who was dozing. Kemba was hovering protectively, eager to get her young charge back to bed.

The image of Yoda flickered as he shifted in his seat. "Thank you for your report," he said. "Much work ahead, there is."

Plo Koon turned to look at Wiyella. "Tomorrow we'll have a fuller assessment of the damages to the Chapter House and determine how best to undertake repairs."

Alta nodded. "By that time, we will have a better idea of our other losses, as well," she said. She hesitated, and added softly, "We lost Xieran." There was a faint intake of breath as the others heard of the death of one of the most eminent Jedi Seers in the history of the Order.

"The Archives will want his papers," said Yaddle. "Strange insights he had reported lately."

Alta nodded. She glanced at Arwen, then at Wiyella. "I think we have all the information we need," she said. Wiyella nodded at Kemba, who quickly helped her exhausted younger colleague to her feet, and gently guided the girl out the door, softly crooning encouragement, with a final glance of irritation at the assembled Council members.

Wiyella looked at the holograms of the other Council members. "I am headed to bed myself," she said. "I'm not injured, but I must rest now. If the field teams find any evidence, I want to know about it immediately."

Kinxit nodded. "We have already given a preliminary report to Republic Security; th

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Just got back from Harry Potter! WOW WOW WOW

Poor Arwen- literally asleep on her feet.

18. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    A great big thank you and a squeezy bear hug to everybody who nominated us for the awards. It seems we've actually made it through to the voting round in a whopping four categories!

As for hot springs, I think I did mention them a while back -- it's probably been a couple of months by now, though.

PadawanKitara I hope I can see the new Harry Potter soon. I've just finished re-reading the book for the umpteenth time, so I'm ready to go!

Yes, poor Arwen. Poor Wiyella, too. And poor Alta. Poor everybody in this story, really.

And now, everybody, the scene you've all been waiting for. Whatever happened to Hachas?

Reaching the infirmary, Kiu proceeded cautiously down the corridor towards the duty station. Risking a quick glance through the large window, she was relieved to discover that Healer Johakin was not in sight. The room was empty, but as she stood there, a door opened a little bit farther down the corridor, and a female healer came out. It was the same healer that Kiu had asked for help once before, in the Rotunda before the attack, when she?d still been trying to find Knight Trett, and Kiu didn?t hesitate to ask her again.

?Hachas Tlatilco, ? the woman healer repeated the name in her usual slow, measured speech. ?Yes. Come with me. I will show you.?

Walking in the same unhurried way that she spoke, the healer entered the bacta tank room and indicated a figure lying on a gurney, covered by a bright blue emergency blanket, and breathing through a large tube in his mouth. The tube was attached to a very large, clear cylinder, and Kiu felt her mouth drop open in horror when she saw bubbles and realized that the cylinder was filled with fluid!

?Do not panic, young padawan,? the healer said, placing her hand on Kiu?s shoulder. Calm flowed over Kiu, smothering her panic, and the healer went on. ?He is breathing, not drowning. Watch his chest. He inhales. He exhales.?

Kiu watched the slight movements of Hachas? chest as a strong feeling of tranquility suffused her, and she wondered at the strength of the woman?s forceful, yet benign, suggestion. No doubt she was a very powerful healer. Glancing up quickly, she asked, ?What ... ??

?The fluid that you see is called perfluorooctyl bromide. It is a biocompatible solvent, a carrier for oxygen, carbon dioxide, and bacta. We often use it to repair lungs damaged by smoke inhalation or the inhalation of poisonous gases. Breathing and healing take place simultaneously,? the healer explained.

?Gas? He was gassed?? Kiu?s alarm struggled briefly against the enforced peace, then died down into surprise and acceptance.

?He inhaled a minute quantity while defending the ventilation shafts.?

?How bad is it? Will he recover??

The woman smiled a slow, gentle smile. ?We caught the damage in time. He will recover. For a period of time following the treatment, he will even experience an increase in lung capacity.?

That was encouraging, and Kiu sighed in relief. The woman removed her hand from Kiu?s shoulder, then turned towards the door. ?You will want to stay with him. There are chairs here. Please be comfortable.?

?Thank you.? Kiu replied. As the healer exited the room, Kiu found a chair at one end of the gurney and pulled it around to the side so that she could easily reach Hachas? hand. His fingers were warm, but unresponsive, and she settled for laying her palm on his forearm.

19. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Awww.

Phew! I'm glad he's not permanently hurt! And that suspension fluid is a cool idea.

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Phew is right, Lilith! Sorry I've been lurking a bit lately, but the wedding's on saturday and life sucks! Great posts.

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    poor baby needs her master. at least she knows he will heal

22. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Darth Ishtar :scatters roses: have a lovely wedding!

Whew! Hachas breathing fluid would be kinda scary. Cool idea though. That must be one powerful healer though to be able to calm Kiu down. That was sweet.

I also liked how Wiyella was being so careful to make sure everyone who needed it got the rest they needed. A Master Healer even in exhaustion. I hope she at least gets to have pleasant dreams!

KD

23. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Loved Kemba's protectiveness of Arwen there, how she eager to escort her back to bed, and the irritated look she threw back at them. Such a healer. :D

SO cute how Kiu just sits there with her hand on his forearm, definitely like her. :) I agree that the suspension fluid is a cool idea.

NOW I just can't wait for Hachas to wake up. ;)

And for Trett too...well I guess to come out of the surgery first THEN wake up. Wouldn't want it the other way around...

24. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    First off, congratualations to Ishtar! If you could have a little chat with Trett & Wiyella, we might get that happy ending?

Hello, all! I am having a great visit with Mom. She?s cooking for me; I?m not used to coming home to a full meal with side dishes.

I hope she at least gets to have pleasant dreams! Of cute shirtless Jedi Knights, KD? :) I could use a few of those dreams myself!

And for Trett too...well I guess to come out of the surgery first THEN wake up. Wouldn't want it the other way around... OUCH! Yes, Lunetta, I think that would be my preference, too!

Now that we?ve reassured Lillith and Kithera, let?s just digress a bit?

Plo Koon stood in the rubble of the Rotunda, peering through the thick clouds of dust at the teams of Jedi who were gently extricating the wounded and trying to identify the dead. "Effective, Mistress Corona, but somewhat extreme." Even through his mask, designed to protect his eyes and lungs from oxygen, which was deadly to his people, he couldn't hide a trace of amusement.

Alta glared at him. "The situation was rather extreme, my master," she pointed out. She had slept like one of these stones, was groggy even after the traditional morning meditation exercises, and felt downright grumpy.

"Indeed." Plo Koon glanced back at her. "We have been able to secure the factories based on the information Padawan Istarri passed along, but I don't know if we will be too late to prevent them from destroying the evidence. The RepSec forensics teams are on the homeworld. There is an enquiry in the Senate."

"Possibly," said Alta. "The evidence of biological warfare is strong even without the research from the factories. And Councillor Lluworit and Master An-Paj went to investigate, not to attack. The actions taken against our colleagues was instigated by the Batangans."

The Council member nodded. "Our initial information is that the populace of the homeworld are horrified by the accusations, and are demanding an investigation. There have already been several challenges to the Alpha Council." Alta winced at that. Batangans were, in some ways, very traditional. The only way to become the Alpha head was to beat all other challengers... often in a fight to the death.

"I hope it will be settled more peacefully," she said.

"I, too." He turned to look her head on. "If the Homeworld come to discuss peace terms and reparations with the Colonies, are you prepared to assist with the negotiations?"

Alta took a deep breath, and tried not to feel insulted. Her distress over the attack on the Chapter House was genuine. But she knew her duty. He must know that she would never allow her feelings to interfere.

"I am a Jedi," she said. "Rebuilding peace is more important than rebuilding stone."

Plo Koon nodded. Then he hesitated. "Our casualties were high."

Alta nodded sadly. Eight dead. Fifteen injured. "It is difficult to deflect stun bolts," she said. "And we had not anticipated the gas attack."

"You acted quickly, though. The casualties could have been higher."

Alta inclined her head, and looked at a Batangan being carried away on a stretcher. "High on both sides."

He gave her a long, piercing look. "And...you are well?"

She stood for a moment, silent. "My injuries are very slight," she said. "I'm just...tired."

He rested one hand on her shoulder. "We are fortunate you were here," he said. "I know there is much work ahead... but remember to take time to recover, if you need it. We can always send others." He looked at the ruins. "It is strange... there hasn't been an attack on one of the Chapter Houses since the Sith Wars. It is hard to imagine it happening."

"I wish I had imagined it," sighed Alta. She surveyed the corridor. "I'd better get back to work."

"We will both get to work," said Plo Koon, gently. She smiled and rested her hand on his, looking into the strange goggles protecting his eyes. Some people felt terrible that Jedi were taken from their families. Alta knew better. She ha

25. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Very interesting culture, fighting to the death for Alpha Head...dang. :)

"I am a Jedi," she said. "Rebuilding peace is more important than rebuilding stone." Loved this quote! :) I definitely agree, despite my UnJediness. ;)

Alta's an awesome character. :) Can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.