main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Invisible Hand and the Executor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by WitchKing66, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    i want to ask u people

Both the IH and Executor were flagships, they fell in ROTS and ROTJ, respectivly, with both falling out of sky. do u guys think that fall of Invisible Hand is another concept that lucas couldnt do it very well with the executor back 1980s?

i know for a fact that (i think i know) the model of Executor, even though manytimes bigger than a normal stardestroyer in the films, was smaller than the physical model of a normal stardestroyer. So the surface was really not detailed. Actually bielive or not thats why at the begening of the ROTJ vader's shuttle comes out of a normal stardestroyer rather than the Executor, b/c the physical model of Executor didnt have detailed hanger bay. so lucas and co. decided to be cheap and not to construct a detail model of the Executor for the ROTJ and so used the TESB's model Executor from the stock, so all u see during the destruction of Executor, is ONE A-wing crashing into the tower, which coincedently has the same physical detail of a normal stardestroyer. i think they should redo that scene entirely by having rebel cruiser barraging the surface of the mighty executor, before it crashes. i want to see a lucky shot getting through the hanger bay igniting all the ordenance within the ship, while the A-wing crashes in the bridge

2. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    There's nothing wrong with the way the Executor died. And while there are parallels between the two ships deaths, I don't think it was intentional.

This is incorrect. The filming model of the Avenger from ESB is the largest Star Destroyer model built, and it's 2.59 meters in length.
    The Executor model is 2.77 meters in length. And the surface is absurdly detailed. The diffrence is the scale, what looks like a panel on the Avenger would translate into several decks on the Executor.

They used the Executor model in RotJ. You may be right that it wasn't practical to construct a new hangar bay though.

It's not a coincidence. The Executor class ships use the same bridge tower as a standard Star Destroyer. It gives you scale. And they built that tower for the shuttle fly-by.

The rebel fleet does blast the Executor. You don't need to see it, Ackbar says it. The fleet knocks down the shields, the ship gets a dome blasted, and the A-wing crashes.

3. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    This is incorrect. The filming model of the Avenger from ESB is the largest Star Destroyer model built, and it's 2.59 meters in length.
    The Executor model is 2.77 meters in length. And the surface is absurdly detailed. The diffrence is the scale, what looks like a panel on the Avenger would translate into several decks on the Executor.

thats exactly what isaid, the actual model of the super-class was not 7 times larger than the imperial-class model

hence 2.59 meters model is suppose to present 1,600 m
    while 2.77 meters is suppose to present, i dontknow 7,000 m

thats what i meant,

therefore the hangerbay of the 1,600m Star Destroyer was more suitable b/c of the model was this big 2.59 meters. just imagine how small the hangerbay of the 7 Km Executor would be in a 2.77 meters

thats what i meant, when isaid at the start of the movie u see vader's shuttle coming down the hangerbay of a normal star destroyer, rather than the executor

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    And while there are parallels between the two ships deaths, I don't think it was intentional.

The film is full of parallells to ROTJ. Don't underestimate the mind of George Lucas.

Intensify forward fire power!
    Too late!!

/LM

5. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
  6. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    The only reason why the Executor was not there in the beginning of ROTJ was, that it was in the Coruscant system to bring the Emperor to the Death Star. An "Imperial Force One" if you want. The flagship of the navy would of course transport the head of the Empire. Simple isn't it?

The Executor was around 17.000 meters long making it almost 10 times as big as the average Star Destroyers, but the model of course did not have in scale proportions to the normal SDs.

7. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Please do not bring up the Executor's length. You know what that starts...

I'm not sure such parallels were intentional. And the Executor model was not a matter of a lack of technology. It was perfect as-is.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

8. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Oh yeah sorry... [face_blush]

I forgot what happened last time... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.