main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Invisible Hand

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Count_Solidus, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhostJediknight

GhostJediknight Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005
    I miss my old account that didn't have the '05 tag simply because of people like you, man you don't log in for a year and you forget important things sheesh.

Anyway, great job with everybody on this I really like Dawg's idea, but everybody's theories are pretty sound here, reminds me of the good ole days when we were just making up theories of what would happen... *goes into long rambling rant as old people tend to do*... and that is when we proved that SuperShadow is a retarded shell of a man looking desparratly for a meaning in life by deceiving good honest Star Wars fans.

2. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Of course, the sister ship of the Invisible Hand and the Lucid Voice is called the Colicoid Swarm, so...

3. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    "I first noticed this with Vader?s "Executor" Star Destroyer. "Executor" meaning a doer/some one who carries things out, which is Vader?s role amongst the sith." unquote.

The obvious explanation or meaning associated with the name Executor, is that it refers to the act of killing. Considering that other Star Destroyers are called names like Avenger, I think its safe to assume that calling Vader's ship Executor gives it fearsome, murderous, aggressive connotations, rather than it being a reference to Vader being someone who "carries things out".

:)

4. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    great thread. lets take this a step further.

the ship is called the invisable hand. as stated by many here a reference to darth sidious.

but heres where we get nasty. who is on board this ship? sidious, in the guise of palpitine. I find it to be too much of a coincidence that the ship is called the invisable hand. and sidious himself is held captive. (by his own forces). then witness's a doul between his apprentice and his replacment. it is no secret who he wants to win. does his invidable hand get involed with the fight?

anakin would have let dooku win if sidious had not told him to kill dooku. had the chanclor been sombody else (not a sith lord) no suggestion would have been made. the killing of dooku showed sidious that anakin could be turned. it was the proof he needed.

5. excellence153

excellence153 Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I learned about Adam Smith last year in my World History class. I immediately noticed a connection.

6. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    I'll have to research Smith now. ty

7. Obi-Ron42

Obi-Ron42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    I like the not-so-subtle symbolism in the Invisible Hand crash sequence. (Kind of like Threepio "going to pieces" in ESB):

First everything gets turned upside down.
    Then it all comes crashing to the ground.

Sounds like what the galaxy has in store for it.

8. darth_zom

darth_zom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    I had no idea there was a sister ship to the IH. I suppose it's likely they were aptly named for the purposes of Sith metaphor. Another meaning for Lucid Voice could be that it refers to the ability of Palpatine to clearly instruct his minions through the Dark Side using telepathy and his "Sith" voice.

9. Count-Tyranus

Count-Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    Lucid Voice was Palpatine's fishing boat on Naboo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.