main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Invisible Hand

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by legosithmaster525, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legosithmaster525

legosithmaster525 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    Do any of you think there is any chance we will see the Invisible Hand in any of the Episodes? I remember reading a long time ago, during the middle of season one I think, on Wookiepedia, it said there would be an Episode called "The Invisible Hand". I haven't seen anything about it since. Still, is there a possibility we will see this awesome ship, and a lot more of it's kind in upcoming episodes/seasons?

2. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    It is highly likely, since during the end of the Clone Wars, that was Grievous's main flagship. So near the end of the series we should see Grievous doing some damage in it.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    LegoSith -- The episode you refer to called "The Invisible Hand" was the work of that vile perpetrator of evildoing, SuperShadow. Just like for the Prequel films, he's been spreading false rumors all over the 'net concerning TCW. It seems to have died down after Season 1, fortunately.

And I agree with ObiWanJedi93 -- I would put money down on the chances of the ship showing up at some point, at least by the end of the entire series, if not sooner.

4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Wasn't Grievous on a Providence-class cruider in ARC Troopers? That could be the Invisible Hand right there.

Honestly, I don't care much about the Invisible Hand. That class of cruisers is obviously quite common. (See the CW microseries, Season 3 ;) )

5. legosithmaster525

Jul 22, 2010
    I remember. The entire battle of Coruscant had nothing but Providences [face_plain]. it seems in this series the Providence has been replaced by Munificents (Banking Clan Frigates). As for Supershadow, I know who he is and not to trust him, but I didn't check his site at the time and I only saw it on Wookiepedia, so my mistake. And as for ARC Troopers, yeah, it could be. Too bad they don't have full episode guides anymore, it might have said.

6. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Personally, I liked his flagship from Grievous Intrigue. Was it destroyed? Can it come back?

7. legosithmaster525

Jul 22, 2010
    The ship you speak of was actually a Recusant-class light destroyer, ironically, that type of ship is normally a cheap, mass produced destroyer that actually was controlled by droid brains, like a vulture droid. In fact, they were so slow thinking they crashed into other ships, both Confederate and Republic. They completely redesigned the ship in Grievous Intrigue, making it a capital ship with hangers (Normal Recusants lacked them) and an actual bridge that could be manned. It looked a lot bigger too.

But anyway, but on what you said, it damaged, but definitely not destroyed, from what I can gather, the boarding tube was destroyed, and there was exterior damage due to debris pelting the ships skin. It is most definitely fixable. The Wookiepedia article says the ship was ditched above Saleucami after the battle, I guess with TV-94 gone there was no one to take it home, and Grievous just ditched it in the planets orbit. I doubt the ship stayed there forever though, someone probably took it, whether it was the Republic, other Confederates, or Pirates/smugglers/whatever. Besides, weren't three of the same type of ship used in ARC Troopers? They were referred to as destroyers though, so maybe they went back to their normal droid brain controlled format.

But yeah, sorry if I got off track, I just love Confederate warships for some reason.

Edit: I just read the ship had all it's turrets destroyed in the Clone Wars Adventures video game. It says all the Munificents and Fighters were destroyed, but it doesn't say the capital ship itself was destroyed.

8. Claws_Bane

Claws_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2011
    I kinda thought the ship in ARC Troopers of Grievous' was the Invisible Hand, but I am not positive.

9. The_Trade_Monarch

The_Trade_Monarch Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2009
    Perhaps there could be a episode about how Nute Gunray is forced to give the Invisible Hand to Grievous by Darth Sidious as it originally was Nute Gunray's flagship.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, when you really look at that battle and notice it's just the same few ships copy-and-pasted over and over again, it's somewhat deflating.

11. Claws_Bane

Claws_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2011
    Indeed. The ship over Ryloth was confirmed to be the Invisible Hand. But in Supply Lines, not the trilogical order.

12. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    The issue with the Invisible Hand is that it needs to make it to Ep III, so Grievous can't really run away :p
    Unless he runs away with the entire ship but that'd just be silly, right [face_worried]

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Running away with an entire ship? You mean leaving your fleet... what about that -happens all the time- Bane was about to do so in COD and he is actually as coward as Grievous....leaved Cato behind and blows up TODO etc. but Filoni likes him and gives him successes so he feels like a winner compared to poor GG- but he have killed more jedi now:oops: that should be corrected....

Invisible Hand should have neimoidian captain and pilotdroids and it should be smaller than dreadnaughts.... so ship in ARC-Troopers is probably not IH.....

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Anakin seemed to have to point out to Obi-Wan which ship was Grievous', and obviously had to have some familiarity with it to be able to identify it as such. I'd think the Invisible Hand has to show up, but perhaps only Anakin is involved in a mission to attack it or whatever.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Or, you know, it had a sign on it saying "Invisible Hand, the personal flagship of General Grievous. 20 points for a hull shot, 50 for an engine. 100 for the bridge."

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Anakin knows Grievous' ship but not Grievous[face_thinking] ......:confused:

maybe he finds a ship without Grievous in some episode then.....

17. TheAbyss

TheAbyss Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2011
    legosithmaster525,

It wasn't a Recusant destroyer. The episode guide explicitly mentions it is a new class of ship based on the Recusant, one which is far larger (it's around twice as long as a Venator).

See: "This episode is filled with numerous new starship models, including the Separatist destroyer (based on a ship design seen in Episode III), ..." and "Deep in the Outer Rim, an enormous Separatist destroyer pelts a lone Jedi cruiser into submission." A Recusant is by n means "enormous".

As for Invisible Hand, I'd like to see it, and its fleet, bombard the Republic city world Humbarine into lava (which is said to have happened during the Clone Wars). But alas, I'm sure such a thing will never be shown.

18. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    We haven't even seen any ship like the Invisible Hand, yet. The Providence-variant design shown so far in the series is bigger than the Invisible Hand, has a different bridge and different weapons (including new quadruple cannons shown in the Cat & Mouse concept art). Unless they change the model into the one from the film, we won't get to see the Invisible Hand. At best, it'll be the TCW model with the same name.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Source?

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm pissed of if they use the name Invisible Hand but use that oversized and inaccurate "dreadnaught"-model with no neimoidians or actual pilot droids in the crew it's just not the same Invisible Hand to me- i like the story that it was Nute's cruiser once so at the time it may be Gunray's flagship and that's why we don't see it- hardly ever see Gunray anymore.... later Dooku ordered it to be flagship of Grievous so it was not happened yet and GG uses other flagships....
    Dreadnaughts are bigger have only two engines not three like IH- and they have totally different hangar than Invisible Hand also....
    are Recusants also different then?

21. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    The Recusants in the show have even more design differences. Twice as long as Venators, a Munificent-style bridge, docking tubes for Venators and Arquitens light cruisers and a hangar that's fairly visible on the side of the ship. So, yeah, quite different.

If any ship is named the Invisible Hand in the show, it can be explained away like all the identically-named Star Destroyers in the Empire.

22. Confederate_Republic

Confederate_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2011
    I'm still under disbelief that the Confederate Dreadnaught class ships are really Providences. Not even because of the size as much mind you, but because the Bridge and the Hangar are just so drastically different then the Providences we've seen before in TCW. First off, the Bridges on TCW's "Providence" are identical to that of Munificent Class. Second, the Hangar looks like its used to store Bi-Planes from World War I, not hordes of Droid Starfighters. Seriously, I know the Invisible Hand's hangar was extensively modified and expanded, but a stranded-issue Providence still has a two-way hangar, in one end, out the other. Yet in TCW we clearly see its a one-way hangar.

Now, on the other hand, I LOVE what TCW Team has done with the Recusant. They took a weak, feeble light support ship controlled by a droid brain which rammed itself into Munificents, and turned it into a fierce Warship fit for Grievous to call his Flagship. In fact, TCW Recusants are currently my favorite class of CIS ship as of right now.

23. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Honestly the only difference I see is the hanger. Nothing else really strikes me, least of all the scale of the thing. People have been debated how big the Super Star Destroyer actually was for decades.

For all intents and purposes, I think the ?dreadnoughts? and ?Providences? are one and the same class. Same goes for the ?Destroyers? and ?Recusants?.
    Perhaps some are custom built, but they aren?t notably different enough for me to put them in different classes.

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    There isn't none. That's random speculation.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    If IH ever appears it is too much to hope it would be movieaccurate, they cannot do anything PT-accurate to this show....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.