main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Invision Power Board

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Lord_RJ, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_RJ

Lord_RJ Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2003
    I know people are always asking about boards and I found this site that hosts IPB version 1.2 for free

www.bbfree.com

RJ~~~

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    does it have ip dynamic lite?

3. Lord_RJ

May 12, 2003
    they were talking about adding it

4. SithKittie

SithKittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    i've got two forums running at IPB right now and they work very well, at least in my opinion.

The Jedi Enclave and Random Star Wars.

I'm happy with them, though I like ezboard better, but IPB is free so you really can't go too wrong. It took a bit of fanagaling to figure out and i'm still not done working with images and background and stuff, but it is a good server and ur pretty much free to do whatever.

*edit* the link to sign up is at invisionfree.com.

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    well i've gone and registered at bbfree and will say i am staying at IF. one reason is the support differences. Invisionfree has a larger team and a huge manual. BBfree has two faq's and one support forum. There support is certainly not fast. About four people asked how to remove something and admins were on the entire time and still they have not replied to that topic. I managed to get ip dynamic lite up and running and I am looking forward to getting it at if. Of course at IF, you will have a choice between TWO portals. The only thing that would make me tell a person go to bbfree is installing hacks and mods as if doesn't allow that. However everything else bbfree has, has either been installed or will be installed very soon.

One final note on Invison Power board software from me: I own three IF forums and I admin at another IPB board. So I know how top use IPB. But a lot of others don't. Based on that, users may really want to consider IF for their forum as they have a full team who can help you do anything. And plenty of helpful memebers. I'd also add that an easy to use skin maker and widget tool thing is being added soon.

BBFree looks nice but IF is better.

6. SithKittie

Jul 5, 2003
    hey yoda, mind if i ask u a question about one minor IF problem i'm having? I've looked around for help but no one seems to know.

7. Lord_RJ

May 12, 2003
    I might be able to help...whats the problem?

8. Lord_RJ

May 12, 2003
    Yoda: you are right...If you are new at it IPB is NOT for you..IF is better for newbies

9. SithKittie

Jul 5, 2003
    I think problems are solved...i think. hehe, more playing time :p

and ya know, i had no idea what i was doing with invision power board but yeah, it was fun playign with it and figuring it out. :D thanks for your help RJ!

10. Lord_RJ

May 12, 2003
    no problem

11. BigWilly

BigWilly Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2003
    well guys i can host some forums for free w/o any adbvertsements if interested

12. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    where do you go to login to edit your invision board?

~aeryn

13. Lord_RJ

May 12, 2003
    You log into your board and you should see near the top admin. Click on that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.