New Jersey Invitation from Philly Outer Rim

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Calixte, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Greetings Fellow FanForce Members,
    I am writing to extend a formal invitation to you to attend Wizard World East in Philadelphia, May 30-June 1, 2003. It will be held at the PA Convention Center. Here is the link for more information: Wizard World East

Philly Outer Rim has secured a joint FanForce/501/RL table at the event free of charge. We'd love your help, so if any of you can help staff the table that would be great. A sign-up thread will be posted in the KofP forum on theforce.net. Shifts will be Friday PM, Sat AM, Sat PM (til dinner time), Sun AM and Sun PM til 4 or 5pm. In appreciation for your help, your Chapter or group may provide a brochure, flyer or other piece of literature specific to your group. Even a photo album of your activities is appropriate. We will be sharing the table with the 501 though, so we must keep it to one piece of literature per group.

We will also be doing a 'mini costume fashion' show about 10-15 minutes in length in front of our table. We are doing it to have a bit of fun and also generate interest in our groups. For example, I've already had two troopers volunteer to do 'beach troopers'. We'll create clever and funny descriptions and have them strut their stuff while an MC reads the card. I'll need about 10-12 individuals or pairs to commit. Deadline for signup is May 15, 2003. Again, look for the sign-up thread in our forums on theforce.net.

In addition to attending and having fun, we need to be available for pictures with guests and so forth. Much like any other con we go to. Also, I am working on putting together some sort of charity event or activity we can do at the con. This activity will be in concert with Garrison Carida. I will keep you posted as to the details.

Finally, some Star Wars celebrities have been invited to be at Wizard World East. I think it would be nice if we could take the celebrities out for dinner or even just drinks on Saturday night. I am currently working this out and will have more details as the date draws closer.

The King of Prussia chapter will act as your hosts. Some housing with members of the KofP chapter will be available but space will be limited. There are plenty of hotels within walking distance of the convention center. Please check the link above to find links to accomodation near the event.

We'd love to meet more of our FanForce neighbors! What better way than a convention. Hope to see you all there!

Jennifer
    Chairperson, Philly Outer Rim
    King of Prussia, PA FanForce Chapter
    www.PhillyOuterRim.org
    Calixte@fanforce.net
  2. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Jenni...several members of the NJO do plan on attending on Saturday...we most likely will even hold our May meeting there too.
  3. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the invite Jenni!! I really wanna get there!
  4. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    When it gets closer to the date, if you could let me know approximate number of members that are attending. :) Thanks and glad you guys are planning on joining us.
  5. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Jenni, thank YOU for inviting us.
  6. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Ok...

Saturday May 31st....we will hold our meeting and do the convention.

The Con's hours on Sat. are from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.

There is a table that the 501st & KoP will be sharing. If someone wants to man the table and also spread the word about NJO, step up now.

So, now, what is the best time for everyone???

Ordered my ticket just now...there is a reward for pre-ordering.
  7. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
  8. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    I will volunteer my services at the table for a shift or two.
  9. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Count me in to help, Jenni!
  10. Coral Duster Jedi Knight

star 1
    As NJ has been my home for all my 28 years, I might as well support the home team and announce this here - I might be representing the Virtual Sequels at the Wizard Convention, depending on the work we have done and what I can reveal about the project at the time. This is INCREDIBLY tentative, but hopefully I'll be able to bring you a few spoilers early.

Sean/CD
  11. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    So you are going to be there too...Great, we can finally meet you.
  12. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Ok, here's the scoop. We could use two of your folks on Sat afternoon from 2pm-6pm. I hope that works for you. If you would email me their names and email addresses I'm preparing an email stating the schedule and some ohter details. Right now I do not have free admission for any staffers but I am working on it. I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks!
    Jenni

Gary, RJ...you both called it first...you still in?
  13. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in just give them my e-mail to contact me or have them pm me.
  14. Coral Duster Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello all,

Good news! I have been green-lighted to attend the convention on behalf of the Virtual Sequels and even give out some news exclusively to the Fan Force members in attendance. I'm very excited to have this opportunity to talk about the Virtual Sequels project and not only what we are currently working on - but where we're going with it.

Best,

Sean
  15. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Gary and Marie,
    Could you two staff the table on Sat afternoon from 2pm to 6pm? Let me know....

Thanks to RJ and Shawn who were going to, but need to be elsewhere. :)

16. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    So Jenni, I guess my thing came thru...

Now if only my ticket would come in the mail (UPS)....
  17. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The 'thing' is not confirmed yet. Stay tuned.
  18. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    RJ...can you believe this? My ticket was not shipped until Monday...I ordered before you.

Ok Jenni...just keep me informed
  19. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Just ordered my ticket.

Hey where are we gonna meet? You guys don't wanna meet at the convention do you? Might I suggest a meeting before hand at someone's house?
  20. Darth_Callista Jedi Master

star 3
    No can do...I am moving out of the apt this week. Back in with my parents, so I can get my finances back in order.

And Herb is in Chicago...and we were the closest to the Convention.
  21. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OK that's fine. So are we gonna meet up at the convention?

Also, I forgot to offer my services if needed for our friends in KoP. Just let me know and I'll answer the call.
  22. Darth_Callista Jedi Master

star 3
    Mike...I am waiting to hear from Jenni, Gary & Marie, about the table.

But yes, I fear that the meeting needs to be at the Convention.
  23. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Jenni, I believe Gary got back to you, but yes, I'm willing to help you out that day :)
  24. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm so happy to finally meet everyone!!!

Sorry to those who can not attend this weekend.

Please let me know where your meeting will be held so I can finally attend one. :D
  25. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Satimber! The "thing" is confirmed. I'll be meeting with the C2 guys tomorrow to get final details. Hopefully have time to post them or email tomorrow evening.
    :)

Thanks Gary and Marie for stepping up to (wo)man the table on Sat afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.