main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Invite from Central California Garrison

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SL5162, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SL5162

SL5162 Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2010
    Hi folks, long time no post for me. :)

I got to talk to just a few folks about this yesterday at the Sac-Con show, but..

For the past two years, Central California Garrison and Endor Base have worked together to participate in the Modesto Festival of Lights parade.

This year, in order to keep expanding and growing our participation, I wanted to start branching out to some of the other Star Wars groups in the area. We'll be inviting the Mando Mercs out, the Sacramento Fan Force, San Francisco Fan Force, and the San Joaquin Fan Force.

Details:
    Parade is a night time light parade taking place on December 4. Historically we've mustered at around 3:30 to make sure everything is ready to go.

The parade is between 2 and 3 miles traveling in a loop and returning to the starting point.

We will of course be going out for dinner afterward and all are welcome to join.

Requirements:
    Our participation in this parade is done in costume, so you'll need to have a costume. It doesn't have to equal the 501st or RL standards, but shouldn't be an off the rack Halloween costume. (Please ask if you have any questions.)

Lights: we've required at least two strands of lights per participant. (You can find battery powered led lights at Target and places of that nature already.

I'll need to know that you're coming. :)

I hope that you'll be able to make it out. If there are any questions, I'll try to check in here, but it would probably be faster to email me at Scottrooper@clearwire.net

2. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Thanks Scott. I know there are some people here who have costumes or are thinking of making costumes. I'm going to try to make it down and hopefully some others will too. For those that haven't seen them before, here are pictures from last year's parade.

Modesto Festival of Lights Parade

3. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Thanks so much for the invite! There are lots of us working on our costumes, so I hope we can get a group of us together to go down. :)

4. SL5162

SL5162 Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2010
    Please let me know if anybody is planning to attend who has not confirmed attendance through either the RL or CCG boards, I'm working on finalizing an attendee list. (and gotta make sure that we have enough space reserved for dinner.)

Alrighty gang, staging info has just arrived.

We are entry number 32, in section B.

Our staging area is on I Street, near the corner of I and 15th (the Library will be at our side, and we're directly across the street from the McHenry Mansion) We'll be the second entry back from the corner.

Parking is once again a free for all, you can check on 17th street, though for some reason they blocked it off last year. Or try parking in the Savemart parking lot at 1801 H Street.

Remember, you will need to dress at your car and be at the staging area by no later than 4:30.

There is currently listed a 30% chance of rain showers for the day of the parade. I've spoken with the city and the parade does go on rain or shine.

If rain is a concern for you, please feel free to bring a clear/transparent poncho/raincoat with you, we can put them in the beds of the pick ups if not needed and they'll be accessable if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.