Invite to Summer Picnic in Buffalo

Discussion in 'Rochester, NY' started by lgtsbr, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey everyone

I mentioned this at the meeting today and wanted to post the topic for discussion and so that I have a place to post updates

Here is the PM I got from Chris, the CR from Buffalo:

We are coming up on our one year anniversary of the group in September. To celebrate, we will be hosting a picnic and you are invited. The scheduled date is September 27. We are looking into shelters in the area parks and a reservation will be made shortly.

More information will be available soon. I wanted to extend the invitation to you and your group with enough notice to plan ahead.

Chris

There you have it, I think we should not only consider going to this (it can build a good bond between our groups), but we should maybe see if we can help out at all. I know we want to do a picnic for all of WNY but we seem to be lacking in the planning category.

I will keep everyone up to date on this topic. Remember that Buffalo is a bit of a drive but we can all meet at 1 place and carpool together.....

Please let me know your ideas and feeling on this. Feel free to IM, PM, or email me with any concerns.

Dave
  2. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    OK - I am gonna put the first response to this up......

I just got a couple PM's and an IM confirming that the 27th is also the Parade day for the Grape and Wine Festival. There are a few PM's to Chris to find out if he can change the date of the picnic.

I will keep you posted...

Dave
  3. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I was made aware of the conflict with the parade and we are looking into posible make up dates for the picnic. The best part is we all get to see each other twice with the parade and the picnic. We will keep you posted.
  4. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    OK

Chris just got a hold of me and asked how the 14th of Sept was. I know that is a meeting Sunday and we need the time to get our costumes done.

My question is do we want to push with costume workshops to get our costumes done before the 14th? This way the 14th would be just another meeting day and we could take a day trip to Buffalo

What do you guys think??

Dave
  5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Right know going to Buffalo that day sounds good to me.
  6. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    We have set the date for the picnic. It will be Sunday September 14, The party is slated to kick off between 12 and 1 pm. We are reserving a shelter at Losson park. PM me for directions.

Here is a link for more info
    North Ridge picnic

We are asking for $2 per person to help defray the costs of some of the food. There will be Hot dogs, hamburgers, pop, and assorted foods. Bring your baseball mitts.

Please RSVP by Saturday September 7.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.