main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Iron Butterfly: The Diary of a Queen [DDC 2015 - Breha Organa AU] - Completed Dec 28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 2, 2015.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Iron Butterfly: The Diary of a Queen
    Author: Briannakin
    Characters: Breha Organa, Bail Organa, Luke Organa, Leia Organa, Winter Retrac
    Timeframe: 19 BBY (onwards)
    Genre: AU
    Notes: Written for the 2015 Dear Diary Challenge

Datapad: On
    Command: New Document
    Save As: Diary

I can’t believe I am starting a new diary at my age, but much will be changing in the next few days and I’m not sure who I will be able to safely share my thoughts with; but more on that later. As a girl, I used to start my diaries with a quick introduction, just encase anyone found them in the distant future. I guess I shall do that here.

My name is Breha Morgaine Antilles Organa. To the public, I am Her Highness, Breha Organa, Queen of Alderaan. My husband is His Serene Highness, Prince Bail Organa, First Chairman and Viceroy of Alderaan. Even seven years into our marriage, I still can’t believe it some days. It certainly is a lot to write.

My childhood wasn’t much of note. I was raised as a daughter of the Noble House of Antilles. My father died when I was seven, leaving my mother to raise my sister Deara and myself. Our paternal grandmother and aunts also played a huge role in raising us. I have a dozen male cousins that I consider my brothers. I went to private schools and eventually got degrees from the University of Aldera in both education and politics.

I am now 31 years old. Bail and I married at 41 and 24, respectively. It was an arranged marriage, from a certain point of view. Pretty much every Alderaanian knows how our marriage came about. Alderaan is a constitutional matriarchy - meaning the queen is the ruler. Bail, although he is the one descendent from royalty, is only the viceroy. I am the head of the government, even if it is mostly a figurehead role; Alderaan is governed by an elected parliament, a prime minister, and the High Council of Alderaan. Bail is the first chairman of this council.

Getting back to my point, ten years ago, Queen Mazicia, Bail’s mother, was ill and had limited time. Bail, ever the rebel, had yet to marry and being that he has no living siblings, Alderaan had no female heir. So it became Queen Mazicia’s last mission to find a wife for her 39-year-old son (I’ll never let him forget this too). All the eligible noble women on Alderaan were profiled, including myself. I was 22 at the time, fresh out of university. I had no chance at being selected to go on a date with Bail, let alone becoming his wife. Or so I thought.

I didn’t even want the gig. To me, Prince Bail was some rich guy who needed to get his act together for the sake of the planet. He needed to stop looking at the intergalactic political stage and start looking as HIS problems, domestically. Besides, the guy was almost old enough to be my father.

I kept up with the news of Bail’s dates, as everyone did. It was gossip, entertainment and politics. After all, whoever he was dating would be our next queen. At the time, I got my dream job: a junior advisor at the ministry of education. I could improve the lives of millions of children.

And then, there was that fated staff meeting (which I never got to). It was a few months after I had started. I had some major speeder issues that morning, so I was running late. So late in fact that I ran into the ministry with my hair and make-up a mess, and my blazer, high heels, and data pads all in a jumble in my arms. As I was making a mad dash down the corridors, I turned a corner and ran smack into the Prince of Alderaan. He was there on a tour and to meet the new Minister of Education.

We both went down and there were datapads all over the hallway. I had landed awkwardly and ended up breaking my wrist. That wasn’t the worst of it. I hadn’t realized whom I had run into. So I had started swearing to prevent myself from crying. I said something along the lines of, “Why can’t some kriffing windbags watch where they are going?” My language disgusted me.

I then turned around, saw who it was, saw that he was gathering my things while apologizing profusely, stating that it was his fault. I just wanted to die. I probably could have if I had thought hard enough. He then looked at me. “Oh, gods, you’re hurt. I am so very sorry.” He gently dropped my things and took a hold of my hand and wrist, supporting it like a brace. He inspected it. “I think it might be broken.” He then looked to one of his aids who had come to help. “Can you call a medic?”

I think I stammered something along the lines of: “No… my fault… no medic.”

“No,” he insisted. “We are getting you to a medcenter. What is your name?”

I actually almost forgot my own name. “Bre… Breha Antilles.”

“Of the House of Antilles?”

I nodded.

He stayed with me until the medics came and took me to the medcenter. I thought that I was never going to see him again, and I was glad of that fact, until three days later he showed up at my office. I nearly crawled under my desk. At least this time I had my hair done and shoes on. My wrist was in a bacta cast.

“May I come in?” he asked, waiting at the threshold with flowers. They were a deep red and very beautiful.

“Certainly, Prince Organa,” I said, getting up and bowing. “I’m sorry for crashing into you the other day, and I’m sorry for what I called you.”

“Please, call me Bail,” he said, setting the flowers on my desk. “And don’t be sorry. It was my fault. I wasn’t looking where I was going and I deserved to be called a windbag, Ms. Antilles.”

“Please, call me Breha. What can I do for you?”

“I’m here on pleasure, Breha, not business,” he said, flashing me a grin. “I was wondering if you would accompany me to dinner tonight.” He noticed my cast. “To make up for me apparently breaking your arm.”

“That’s not necessary,” I said.

“Please. It would be my honour. Besides, I told my mother about your beauty. She looked you up and was very impressed with your resume.”

“I am not interested in becoming Queen of Alderaan.” I made sure my voice sounded strong. I didn’t add “or your wife.”

“All the more reason for us to have dinner. I am tired of listening to women who only have power on their minds.”

I mulled it over. “I’m saying yes, but only because I now feel sorry for you and my grandmother will kill me if I don’t.”

His grin was priceless.

And the rest is history. Our ages raised a few eyebrows and quite a stir in the media, but the public eventually got over it. We dated for a year before he proposed to me (after my grandparents and his mother had decided it would be the best move for the planet). It was another year until the wedding. It was everything a girl could dream for. I was head-to-toe in lace. The honeymoon was something else as well.

I love Bail. I never want that to be doubted. I would have never thought I would be Queen of Alderaan. But here I am and although there has been many horrible nights, I am a happy woman.

Queen Mazicia died a mere two months into our marriage and I was crowned Queen of Alderaan. My duties, beyond the purely ceremonial duties, include sitting in on parliament and the High Council of Alderaan. I’m also the Minister of Education. It keeps me busy.

Bail and I have been unable to have children. It is a difficult subject for me to write on. A few years ago we found out I have ostia-phromitia. It is a rare bone disease that causes my bones to go through periods of brittleness. My body attacks the minerals in my bones for no apparent reason sometimes which causes them to become brittle. It is why my wrist broke when Bail and I first met. I am on medication for it, but the medication causes miscarriages. I have been pregnant five times. The first two times the medication caused the miscarriage. The next three I went off my medication - twice without Bail’s knowledge - but my body couldn’t handle it. Each ended with a miscarriage and several broken bones, including a fractured pelvis. Doctors have informed me that if I get pregnant again, it will likely kill me.

Bail’s political career is focused on the intergalactic stage, with him being Alderaan’s senator in the Galactic Republic. He has been away way too much in the past three years with the war between the Republic and the Separatists. Which brings me to why I am up at 0330 hours.

The war is over. We won. But I am uneasy. The Jedi have been declared enemies and Chancellor Palpatine has become galactic emperor. None of it sits well with me.

I have lost many friends these past few years and in the past few hours, many of them Jedi and fellow beings in leadership. One that just hit me came directly from Bail mere hours ago. Our friend, Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo has died. She was pregnant. Bail is on his way back to me with one of her children: a daughter. That was all he would say over the comm. Something tells me there is more to this than he is letting on.

The galaxy is going to Corellian hells. Yet I couldn’t give two krells. I’m going to be a mother.

Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic title & terrific back-story on Breha meeting Bail [face_laugh] ;) Oh, I do love the tone you've given her: at once regal and poised and then down to earth LOL =D=

Kahara likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice start with Breha

Kahara likes this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Off to a nice start here, and very cool choice of a diary character. Love Breha's frankness, especially on the highly fraught subject of infertility, which to my knowledge is not a topic covered in GFFA lore much. I'm curious whether the reasons for her infertility are already established in official sources, or if you came up with those? (Fanon post? :D )

Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Wonderful start. I like her personality already!

6. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Liked Breha's thoughts on the lengthy names and her description of how she met Bail. The description of her medical condition sounds really plausible for something that the medical technology might not help with. I can imagine her combined grief over all the recent losses with hope because she's realizing an old dream.

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    AN: Thanks everyone for reading and commenting. I’m glad you all like the tone I gave Breha. I’ve been working hard to make her a dynamic character.

The infertility is canon, however the reason for it is all my creation. And I should make a fanon post of “all the made-up medical shavit Briannakin puts her character’s through”. Maybe… one day….

Note 2: Some of the details in this (like the 5 miscarriages) come from Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. The book makes it clear that both Bail and Obi-Wan honestly thought Darth Vader had died on Mustafar until he showed up weeks later in the suit. So many details of this, and future entries hinge on that fact. Also, although I am using a couple details from EU (Legacy) books, I’m not going to use any of the events.

Command: Open “Diary”
    Entry 2

Bail returned home today. I waited for him on top of the palace in the mid-afternoon sun. I was happy, relishing in the fact that it w as probably the last time I would have to wait for him alone. His ship landed and I smiled as he disembarked. In his arms was a pink bundle of blankets.

“Breha,” he said was we approached each other. “There had been some complications.”

I was about to ask when Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi came out behind Bail. His hood was up. I audibly gasped. All Jedi are dead, or at lest currently being hunted down. A master of Kenobi’s standing would certainly would be high on Palpatine’s list to eliminate. In Kenobi’s arms was a blue bundle of blankets.

“We need to get somewhere where no one will overhear us,” Master Kenobi said, urgently.

I nodded. “The safe room,” I said, leading the way. We hurried to the bunker in the middle of the palace. I got the men in and shut the door behind us. “What is wrong? I thought you were only bringing one child. What is going on?”

“I was,” Bail said, sitting down on the old couch. I sat next to him. Master Kenobi sat on the chair.

“We should explain from the start,” the Jedi said. “I do not want to burden you with too many details. But Palpatine is a Sith. He orchestrated this entire war to kill the Jedi Order and take over the Rebublic.”

I shook my head. “This isn’t right. What are we going to do?”

“Nothing,” Kenobi said. “Palatine is too strong. We wait. Our last hopes are in our arms. These are the twins of Padmè Amidala and Jedi Anakin Skywalker. We know they were secretly married and we are assuming Palpatine knows as well. The Force is strong in these children. If the galaxy has any hope, it lays within these two. Anakin was the Chosen One. It was prophesied that he would bring balance to the dark side and destroy the Sith. He did not. He was lured to the dark side.” Kenobi closed his eyes as a single tear rolled down his cheek. “Anakin is dead.”

I nodded, understanding. “The future of the Jedi now lives in these two children.”

Bail now nodded. “Which brings us to the complication and issue. These children need to remain hidden from Palpatine. If he was to discover their parentage, their lives would be over and all hope would be lost. Padmè has been made to be buried still looking as if she was pregnant. According to all records, her child died with her. The son was going to go with Master Kenobi to Tatooine to be raised by Anakin’s step-brother and we were going to adopt the daughter. We thought separating them would be the best course of action.”

“But when we separated the twins, the boy started to have a seizure,” Kenobi explained. “He only stopped when Bail brought his sister back. I think it has something to do with the Force, but we can’t separate them.”

“So we need to hide them as best as possible,” Bail said, swallowing a lump in his throat.

“Did anyone know Padmè was having twins?” I asked without thinking about it. It just kinda popped out.

Bail and Kenobi looked at each other. “I don’t think so,” Bail said. “Despite me bugging her, she never went to regular medic appointments. She was much too busy with the war. It may have been what killed her.”

“And twins in the womb feel like one baby in the Force. Even if Palpatine found out that Padmè had given birth to Anakin’s offspring, he would only be looking for one child. The fact that they are twins may throw him off if he ever thought to look for Anakin’s child.”

“This may sound self-serving,” I said, “But what if we raised them both here? If the have to stay together, Padmè’s family is clearly out of the question. And Anakin’s step family on Tatoooine is just too obvious. Any one else would just be putting random, innocent people at risk. They will be loved here. We can raise them and educate them for their future.”

“I’m not disagreeing with you, Breha, but they will be right under Palpatine’s nose,” Bail pointed out.

Master Kenobi pursed his lips in thought. “Perhaps that is for the best. The children will be right there in the open and will frankly have a very public life. Palpatine will never suspect them.”

“Do you think it will work?” I asked, hopeful.

“I think, no matter what we do, the children and their guardians will be at risk. It certainly is bold, but this could be our best move. I do have two requests,” Kenobi said.

“What?” Bail asked.

“I know the daughter will be very occupied with Alderaan’s politics. But, when the time comes a few years from now, I want you, and her, to begin a secret alliance to bring down the empire. And when the son is 16, I want you to send him to Tatooine - to me. I will begin to train him in the ways of the Force then.”

“We will. But won’t you be staying here?” I asked. “You will be safe here.”

“No,” Kenobi said, firmly. “Palpatine will rip the galaxy apart for me. I will not risk it. You and the twins are too important. I will be fine on Tatooine. No one ask me too many questions there. And if something happens and the twins’ identities are exposed, I will come get them.”

I nodded.

“I have get going,” he said, getting up. “The less time I’m here, the better. I will find my own passage to Tatooine.” He set the boy in my arms and I couldn’t help but grin at the sight. He stirred slightly, looked up at me with tired eyes, but blinked a few times and settled to sleep. “May the Force be with you both.” He then left.

Bail then smiled as he settled his squirming bundle in my free arm. The girl - my daughter - was wide awake. She looked around in wonder.

“Did Padmè live long enough to name them?” I asked.

Bail nodded. “Luke and Leia.”

“I’d like to keep their names - for Padmè,” I said.

“I have no problems with that.”

“They are both so tiny.”

“They are small for their age, because they were premature. But the medics on Polis Massa said they were healthy, even though Luke had a seizure, they could find no reason not to release them to me.”

I leaned against Bail. “We have a ton of stuff to do. We have to get clothes, prepare nurseries, debrief the staff and security.”

“Hush, now,” he said, wrapping his arm around me. “I’ll take care of everything.”

“But you just came back from the war.”

“And you just became a mother to newborn twins,” he said, countering me.

He managed to get me back to our chambers. I had a small dinner. I fed Luke and Leia for the first time; it was incredible. I thought Luke was going to suck the bottle in too! He was so hungry. He looked up at me with the most amazing blue eyes.

One of my handmaidens went out to get a few of the basics: 4 pairs of pyjamas, diapers, wipes, cream, a few blankets, 2 pacifiers, 2 bottles and a can of formula. I just finished up ordering a ton of things for them and their nursery. Everything had to be ordered in 2’s with a male and a female version. I have crews coming tomorrow to convert the bedroom next to ours into their nursery.

After their feeding, I changed my babies. They are currently with me on the bed in my bedchambers, surrounded by pillows and swaddled in blankets. I don’t want to spoil them, but they just lost their biological mother. Besides, they don’t have cribs of their own. They are both fast asleep. On the other side of them, also fast asleep, is their daddy.

I think becoming a father at 48 years old has wiped poor Bail out. After dinner, he debriefed security and all the staff. The story was simple: Bail had adopted a set of twins from an orphanage ravaged by the war. We will inform the people tomorrow and bring the twins out for their first official appearance at the next parliament meeting. But after the debrief, Bail came back to cuddle with me, but he swiftly fell asleep.

I know I should be sleeping as well. But I can’t. The image before me is just too beautiful.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, from experience I can say that she should definitely be sleeping :D but being kept awake by the rush of thrilling emotions is definitely understandable, especially given what she's been through with infertility. Little Luke's seizure at the potential separation from his sister (is that canon too?) sounds like it was very scary for all who witnessed it; what a relief that he was OK. This AU with the twinsies staying together is off to a nice start; looking forward to reading about their first public appearance. :)

Kahara likes this.
  9. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    I like the twist you've put on this with having both children adopted. I wonder how Luke would be different, being raised in a society where the women govern.

Kahara likes this.
  10. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Interesting AU. I always like to see fic about Breha.

Kahara likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] I love them being raised together. Makes quite a lot of sense, like Obi-Wan said. [face_thinking] And the mental image at the end there, aww. :)

Kahara likes this.
  12. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    What they all said -- the new family utterly passed out together makes for an adorable mental image. [face_love] I'm curious to see what happens as the twins grow older and whether the reaction to being separated persists (now that would be inconvenient for them.) It'll be nice to see them grow up as siblings on Alderaan.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N: BLAAAAAAAAHH. Sorry. I was going to update this earlier, but today was just like an epic fail of business.

Findswoman:

Rule no. 1 of Briannakin pics, Bri can be REALLY MEAN to babies (that sounds worse than it is, but I’m just mean to all my characters). But no, it’s not canon, I just needed a reason not to separate the twins!

Thanks for reading everyone. If you want PMs or tags let me know!

Entry 3

Last night, the first night with Luke and Leia wasn’t too bad. Luke was up three times and Leia only twice. Poor Bail wanted to help me so much, but he was hilariously useless. I’m not sure how the twins survived the trip to Alderaan. Master Kenobi probably did all the work. I had to teach him how to feed Luke. Bail blamed his ineptitude on his exhaustion, but when I told him he could go sleep in one of the other bedrooms in our private chambers, but he insisted he wanted to stay.

The contractors came to start on the nursery and lots of stuff came for the twins. Including a small bath that I had ordered.

Bail’s day was spent ordering around said contractors to baby-proof the palace. It was so cute.

I spent the day in the corner of our bedchambers we’ve converted into a temporary nursery. When I wasn’t tending to the twins, I was unpacking all the things I bought for them last night (gods, I am the master of holonet shopping and one-day shipping is my best friend).

My handmaidens tried to help me out as best as I would allow them, but I’m nesting. I just want to hold Luke and Leia and do everything for them. One of my handmaidens, Cearalin, made sure that I got my meals, but they generally understood to leave me alone. I won’t be a shut in all the time, but I just wanted to bond with Luke and Leia. I wanted to hold them. I know I’ll probably have to get nannies, but not yet. I plan to retire from my position of Minister of Education.

Bail came back after dinner and smiled at me. “Wow. It looks like Fete Week in here.”

Empty boxes and bags were piled by the door. The sitting area and couches were littered with baby clothes, blankets and toys, among other things.

I laughed as he walked over to me, on the bed, and kissed me. He then kissed Luke, who was in my arms, feeding, and then picked up and kissed Leia. He continued holding her and bouncing her. She squirmed in her simple purple dress.

“So, what is all this stuff?” he asked.

“Just the essentials,” I said.

“Don’t worry, Bre. I know adopting these two would be expensive. By the way, the papers that we signed this morning have already been processed. We are officially Luke’s and Leia’s mother and father.”

I got up from the bed and kissed him.

“How do you feel?” he asked.

“Amazing,” I sighed. “How are you?”

“Feeling a bit overwhelmed,” he said with a deep breath.

“Do you want to help me bath them?”

He seemed hesitant. “I don’t know how.”

“Come on. The bath basin is already in the refresher. Can you grab two pairs of pyjamas?” I asked as I grabbed two diapers, diaper cream and the baby soap.

He followed me into the refresher and I set everything we needed on the long marble counter (I love living in a palace some days). I slid the bath basin to the middle of the floor with my foot. “Fill it up from the ripple bath with warm water and put it in the middle of the floor,” I said as I took Leia from him. She started fussing then Luke started to cry. Holding them both at once while standing is not an easy task.

“How warm?” Bail asked.

I rolled my eyes. I slipped off my shoe, turned the facet on with my foot and kept testing it with my foot. “There,” I said.

“Gods, you are amazing,” he said, getting to his task. “Are you sure you’re not a Jedi?”

The words slipped out of his mouth too quickly. That isn’t something we can joke about now. The air got tense. Luke and Leia screamed louder.

“No,” I said, softly, but Bail still heard. “Just a mother.”

I stripped the twins, but that only made them scream louder. Bail then set the basin back in the middle of he floor. “Which one do you want?”

“I’ll take my girl,” he said, taking Leia. His daughter then chose that moment to release her waste. It wasn’t just a dribble. She peed all over Bail.

Even though the twins were crying, I couldn’t help but laugh. Bail, after the shock wore off, laughed as well. He took off his outer robe.

We got the twins in the water and it was as if they had become one. They stopped crying at the same time and, even though Bail and I were each holding one, their limbs became intertwined. I gasped as Luke’s tiny fingers splayed and grabbed Leia’s fist.

“Wow,” Bail said.

“This is why you couldn’t separate them. They have a bond.”

We let them float in the water for a bit before washing them. Before long we had them drying in large, plushy towels, then in matching yellow pyjamas (I know I can’t put them in a ton of matching outfits, but they just looked so adorable).

I held them on the bed while Bail changed and then I got him in the lounger, feeding them their bedtime snack. He rocked them to sleep while I got changed and ready for bed myself. When I came out, he was fast asleep with them.

He’s still there now as I write this. I should wake him, but I just can’t, not yet.

Sith-I-5, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Can I just melt? :D :D Too funny, cute, and real! ;)

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Bail trying to help with the twins is just too cute for words! :)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  16. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    So sweet! I love how this starts by saying that the night wasn't too bad, she only got up five times. And the chaos of having two little kids around! lol at the line about being the master of internet shopping, and Bail not being sure how hot to make the water. (Seriously, guy - how hot is comfortable? [face_laugh] )
    But having kids IS exhausting and chaotic. And you wouldn't give up a moment of it. [face_love]

17. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Aw, I love Mama!Breha :D

18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Fun to see our fave Jedi twins as regular, ordinary, unpredictable, messy, peeing Human babies. :D And Bail and Breha as mom and dad. It's so nice that even with all their public responsibilities they're taking the time to just enjoy being with the twinsies and doing those elemental things for them—builds their bond to them, too. I bet it's a huge balancing act, but it gets better and better as they get older (that I know from experience :D ). Enjoying this!

Ewok Poet and Nyota's Heart like this.
  19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    AN: Thanks for reading everyone :D

Entry 4

The past few days have been a flurry of shopping, contractors, media statements, diapers and bottles. The twin’s nursery was completed early today. It is beautiful in tones of muted pink, blue, purple and green. There is two of everything and their closet is stocked with tiny clothes. I sat in my gliding chair early this morning with Luke and Leia, taking everything in. We’ve already been interviewing and screening nannies, though I have retired from my position of Minister of Education.

Bail came into the room. “It’s time to start getting ready for the parliament.” He was wearing a dark grey suit and over-robe. The twins were being presented today and announced as Princess and Prince of Alderaan.

I rolled my eyes. I already had my creme dress and light blue robes on and my hair in braids, but I still didn’t want to go. “Alright. Who do you want to get ready? Leia’s gown is fairly complicated, Luke’s tunic and pants will be easy to put on, but I think he just made a stinky.”

Bail look horrified.

“But it may have been just gas.” Luke is a pretty gassy baby. Leia likes to spit up.

“I’ll play Ruusan Roulette with Stinky,” he said scooping Luke up.

I got up as well and carried Leia to her changing table. Leia’s changing table is light okanbi wood with pink pads and pink baskets, while Luke’s is a similar design in dark branik wood with blue pads.

I began to strip Leia out of her day-clothes and changed her diaper when I heard retching noises.

“Oh, gods, it wasn’t just gas,” Bail gasped.

I laughed. “Well, you did pick him.

Bail then started screaming as he grabbed at whatever diaper he could find. “Oh gods, he’s peeing at me!”

I only laughed louder as I saw the evidence on Bail’s face and over-robe.

“Do you want me to get one of my handmaidens to help me while you go change.”

“No,” he said determined, lifting the diaper to see if the fountain had stopped. He wiped his face with a baby wipe. “I’ll just get a new over-robe on the way out.”

We managed to change the twins without further incident. They looked so adorable. Leia’s gown was intricately woven with fine beads and gold yarn, while Luke was in a matching tunic suit that had the same embellishments as Leia’s gown. While Bail got a new over tunic, I wrapped them in white blankets.

Then of course Leia spit up. I managed to save the gown, but the blanket had to be swapped for a yellow one. Bail saw none of this, so he gladly took Leia when I presented her to him.

We made it to the parliament buildings alright, but as soon as we were about to be announced, Leia got fussy and started crying. Then Luke started to cry. I sighed as I sat down on a bench in the antechambers and began to feed Luke. I am so glad a packed a bottle for him in his warmer bag.

“What about Leia?” Bail asked.

“Just give her a pacifier. I fed her before we left.”

“And you didn’t feed Luke?” he asked, rummaging through the diaper bag.

“I did, but your son is a bottomless pit.”

Bail chuckled.

The doors then opened from the parliament chambers and Prime Minister Elaj Swazi. He’s a tall, thin man, just a few years older than Bail. He grinned as he bowed. “Your Highnesses. And I assume these are the two little editions.”

I nodded as I put the bottle away and gave Luke his pacifier.

“Let’s go do the announcement and naming while they’re behaving,” I said.

Swazi nodded and led us out onto the royal dais. We looked out over all the members of parliament as they stood and bowed. “Before we begin today’s session of parliament, we have some joyous business. I am here to declare and present Alderaan’s new Princess and Prince.”

Bail then stepped forward with Leia. She was looking around with wide eyes.

“This child has a great destiny. She is to be the next queen of Alderaan. It is my honour to present Her Highness, Princess Leia Sky Organa of Alderaan.”

It was my choice to give Leia the middle name “Sky”. Giving her any name related to Padmè Amidala or her family was just too much of a risk. But my great-grandmother’s name was Skyla, so it works for naming Leia after her, and Anakin’s last name, Skywalker.

Sawzi then placed a simple gold tiara on Leia’s head and all the members of parliament bowed.

Bail sat down and I stepped forward with Luke. He was sound asleep. He apparently has zero interest in politics.

“This child also has a great future, but it is not for any of us to decide. It is my pleasure to announce His Highness, Prince Luke Prestor Organa.” Again, parliament bowed.

We decided to give Luke Bail’s middle name. It just seemed right.

Bail then got up and took Luke from me and took the twins away. I then had to sit in on parliament for four hours. I do it because it is part of my duty. It was boring, it often is. But I just want to spend all my time with my prince and princess. But I took comfort in the fact that they were spending time with their daddy.

Bail, on the other hand, was glad when I entered his office after four hours. Luke was crying, Leia was crying, Bail was crying and all his aids were on the verge of tears.

I sent the aids away, and took care of my babies (and that included Bail).

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] Too slice of life that! [face_mischief] Woot, at least they behaved during the announcement. Whew! Their outfits sound gorgeous! Great choices for middle names, very appropriate and not llikely to rouse suspicion.

Kahara likes this.
  21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Yep, been there many, many times! :D I know that 100% of infant human males do this, and I'm betting it's true for the infant males of other bipedal sentient species, too. :p

Love the twins' different reactions to the presentation ceremony: Leia's wide-eyed interest and Luke's sleepy, off-in-another-world indifference, both of which seem very prophetic. The Organas are really doing a bang-up job navigating what must be an incredibly delicate balance between the high-ranking-political-figure life and the tired-new-parent life.

Out of curiosity, Bri, are you drawing on any babysitting experience of your own in writing this? Because your portrayal of all this baby care business is really pretty spot-on. :cool:

Ewok Poet, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  22. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Breda definitely wears the pants when it comes to baby-rearing! I liked seeing Bail with Luke this time, and wonder what their relationship will be like when the twins are older.

23. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Adorable! I love the names. And a pretty accurate view of what it's like with a baby (or babies!) in the house. Love how everyone was crying in the end. It takes a tough man to handle a baby.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for reading and commenting everyone!

Findswoman:
    LOL. I never babysat much, but I'm 6 years older than my brothers who are twins, so I remember the many urinary sagas.

JadeLotus
    Lol. I think Breha wears the pants in many aspects of this relationship. I'm going to try to include more Bail-Luke scenes as this diary progresses because it is something I want to explore too.

Entry 5

Today was a nightmare. That is the only way I can really describe it.

Leia had been rather colicky all night, so I woke up after little sleep with a headache. Bail was already gone greeting the Emperor’s representatives or something. I felt horrible about it, but I got one of my handmaidens to look after the twins while I had a sani-steam and got ready for the day. I was so thankful I had no meetings or duties for today.

I finally entered the twin’s nursery to screaming. My handmaiden, Rachi, looked at me and shook her head. “I have no idea what is wrong with him,” she said, bouncing Luke. “Onika managed to calm Leia down. She took her out to the sitting room so that Luke wouldn’t get her riled up again.”

I forgot my headache. “Oh, come here my Lukie-Pookie,” I said, scooping him out of Rachi’s arms. “Have you taken his temperature?” I asked her, sitting down in the glider and rocking him.

“I did, and it’s normal. Should I call a medic?”

“No,” I said with a sigh. “Not yet. Can you get me a bottle?”

“Yes, ma’am, but I tried to get him to feed a half hour ago and he didn’t want anything.”

I tried to get Luke to suck on his pacifier while Rachi made the bottle, but he just would not take it. I really got worried when he worried when I tried to give him the bottle and he just kept crying.

Then he started to seize in my arms.

The horrible scene just plays over and over in my head. His tiny body at the control of unseen forces. His body became rigid and he moved rhythmically.

“Call the children’s med-centre,” I ordered Rachi. I then called the guard I knew was positioned outside the chambers. “Geo!”

He came immediately.

“Assemble a security detail. We need to get Luke to the med-centre. Where’s Leia?” I remembered Bail saying Luke has a seizure when they tried to separate the twins. We’ve had them in separate areas of the palace before, but I wanted them close.

“Just in the sitting room,” Geo said. He was then on his comm. He called for Onika in between calls.

“They are sending a medi-speeder,” Rachi said. “They say just to hold him gently.”

“Tell them team of my best personnel will meet them at the side entrance,” Geo told Rachi. I was so thankful I had an amazing staff.

Onika then appeared in the doorway with Leia in her arms. “Oh gods. What can I do?”

“Just get the diaper bag and take care of Leia. I want her in the same room as Luke at all times.”

The medics showed up in record time. They got me sitting on a hoverstretcher with Luke in my arms with one of the medics sitting across from me, tending to Luke.

We hurried through the palace. Luke’s movements started to become more violent. I looked up to see where we were when in the palace when I saw Bail talking to a monster.

This monster looked like some sort of machine-man hybrid, like the late General Grievous, but more human and somehow more evil. The being was all black with a mask on. I instinctively held Luke closer. If I had only knew the truth at the time.

I saw one of the security detail briefly inform Bail what was going on.

We were loaded in the medi-speeder and we were off. One of the medics injected Luke with something and he stopped seizing.

After many long tests and scans, the many doctors all agreed that Luke had a harmless febrile seizure. It is odd that he didn’t have a fever, but they are keeping him overnight just to make sure everything is okay.

However, Bail revealed to me a very real possibility as to why Luke had this seizure.

Bail came after all the tests were complete. He came into Luke’s private room and hugged me for a very long time. I told him what had happened. He then took Leia (I was already rocking the sleeping Luke) and dismissed Onika and had the guards go outside.

Bail let out a deep breath. “I think I know what happened to Luke. It had something to do with the Force or something. You know how Master Kenobi and I told you Anakin Skywalker had fallen to the dark side of the Force and had died?”

“Yes,” I said, getting worried.

“We were wrong. Anakin did not die. He assumed the name Darth Vader when he fell. Master Kenobi then tried to kill Vader for all the heinous acts he had done… for all the murders he committed. Kenobi thought he had succeeded, but he failed. Vader must have survived somehow. I just found out today. That who I was meeting today: Vader. He is the Emperor’s right hand. He came to ensure my trust in his crusade to eliminate the Jedi from the galaxy. He knew Kenobi and I were friends.”

“You mean that… monster in black is Luke’s and Leia’s father?” I was outraged and quivering with fear. How could my innocent babies come from a machine so vile. A Jedi turned Sith - I’m not dumb, I know what it means to fall to the dark side.

Bail shook his head. “No, I am their father. Their biological father died. We must believe that for Leia’s and Luke’s sakes. I told him Alderaan would be a willing member of the new Empire and that no Jedi will be harboured on our planet. He accepted my word. I don’t think he has any idea Kenobi came here and he was so disinterested in the twins, even when you ran across our path.”

“Luke must have had a seizure because he didn’t want to be around such a dark presence.”

Bail nodded. “Probably.”

“Does this mean they are in danger here,” I asked, afraid of the answer.

“Breha, they are in danger everywhere. Yes, we could send them to Tatooine, but I think that will only arouse suspicion where there is none. Alderaan is a peaceful planet. We will give the Emperor and Vader no reason to be here.”

“Okay,” I said, relaxing. “Do you think Kenobi knows Vader lives?”

“I don’t know, but, if he doesn’t, he will soon. Vader is all over the holonews. But let’s forget this all. We have a baby boy waking up from all the yucky drugs and we gotta spoil him,” Bail cooed as Luke started to slowly open his eyes.

We spent the rest of the day with our babies. Bail is currently rocking Luke, rattling a new rattle stuffed bantha for him, and Leia is asleep. I better get some shut eye as well.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb post; very plausible reaction. =D=

Kahara likes this.