main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

?Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith? where can we get it?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by crutag-ventor, Aug 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclepain

unclepain Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    OK- this was on your site.... can you elaborate?

"Sorry to all those who haven't got to download IFOTOS yet, but unfortunately I've had to take it down. I've just got an email from Sinclair Ross requesting that it be taken down due to all the trouble it caused for him and the team after the release."

What kind of trouble are we talking about and where did this trouble originate from? Might be good info for other fan film makers who would like to avoid said "trouble".

Later- Jeremy

2. yikes

yikes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    yes... what was so troublesome about this film?

3. Lunatic_Pandora1

Lunatic_Pandora1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    yeah....and who is this "Sinclair Ross" fellow anyway?

4. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    I don't remember anything about any trouble, I'm guessing that was when I went on holidays to Cairns. I'm guessing from the other thread that it had to do with tumblemoster as there was nothing bad in the film (well I didn't pick up on anything anyway).

Sinclair Ross was the director and head FX guy of IFOTOS.

[edit]We need a spellcheck for these posts! ;)[/edit]

5. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Attention Sinclair Ross If you are reading this please reconsider! I don?t give a flying hoot about other people bad mouthing your film, or what ever. ;) We make these films to enjoy its not like we can make money from them or anything. There are a lot of Star Wars Fan Film Fans that would love to see your movie. Its just for fun, and if there are people that still have some kind of grudge I say to them, ?life is tough, move on, after all it is just a movie!? This will reluctantly be my last plea to see this movie. I have fought the battle it is up to the rest to carry on the flag??

To see Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith

6. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I do not think you understand, if this film is not shown soon I am going to go insane. Literally, you will hear about me being locked up for cerial murders and muttering IFOTOS, IFOTOS, IFOTOS, IFOTOS...

7. Ben-Kushaan_Exile

Ben-Kushaan_Exile Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2000
    ::Strides through town riding on a white horse, carrying a flag that reads "IFOTOS", and chanting "New server! New Server!"::

8. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Kaaa :bump:

If this weren't free, I'd be complaining. :)

9. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    All I can say is that some IDIOTS take life in a FAKE starwars online community too seriously when they don't want their movie shown because their feelings got hurt. Or someone else's did.

I've noticed the way a lot of people here act/talk is stupid. All this about "oh, it caused some trouble, don't let people see my movie."

I don't think I want to actually see this movie any more, people that make good stuff half-worth seeing let other people see it.

10. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    I don't see how someone can put so much effort into making a movie and then hiding it deep in a closet never to be seen again, 'Now I will show them, I will show them all what happens when a kid says something stupid about some one else's film, *manical laughter* *manical laughter dies down* okay, wait, no, this just sucks :( '.

Not only am I confused now, but angry that a film that we could have such a good time watching is being held under lock and key by some ultra-emotional creator.

11. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

This is like some bizarre fanfilm soap opera.

In the next episode we find out that WhisperingDeath is Sinclair Ross's twin brother.

:p

12. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    I can't believe this crap is still going!! Somebody at TF.N dug up the IFOTOS select pic! Whats the matter with you people!?

This film is gone for a reason! First of all, it sucked. Second, it ruined a lot of peoples reputations. Third, if you all keep insisting on dredging this film up again, all the garbage that came with it is going to get dredged up too, and make a lot of people very unhappy, not least of which is me!

Honestly, this film is not worth the problems it causes, and will cause again.

LET IT GO!

-tm

13. Vidman

Vidman Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2001
    This is getting painful... for godsake someone come clean. Those people involved know what I am referring to...

14. Lunatic_Pandora1

Lunatic_Pandora1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    tumblemonster, it seems to me you are the only one interested in dredging up all the problems or whatever...it would appear everyone else just wants to see the film.

15. Bastion

Jun 2, 2001
    Cool! Someone reposted the the TFN Select! I went through all of the archive the other day and couldn't find it, I guessed it predated the archive. It was cool to see it again, I remember the first time I saw it and thought how cheesy the logo looked! :D

Turned out pretty different from what I thought though!

I am really curious as to why those involved don't want it shown, but I respect their decision (maybe that's cos I already have it though! :p).

16. Ben-Kushaan_Exile

Ben-Kushaan_Exile Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2000
    I have some webspace, not for too much longer, but I do have some. About 300 Megs I believe. If someone that DOES have it wants to upload please PM me or e-mail me jmoore92@triad.rr.com.

PLEASE!! I wanna see this film.

17. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Sinclair Ross - But our love can't go on Whispering Death

WD - what? why?

Sinclair Ross - Because I am a transvestite and... your twin brother seperated at birth

*Bad soap opera organ music*

WD- Noooooo!

"Tune in next week for the next exciting episode of 'As the Movie Reel Turns'."

18. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    okay, I admit it... that was a little wierd even for my sense of humor.

But how about we get some closure here.
    1) I think the select pic looks awsome, how can a movie with that kind of select be bad?

2) Can you tell us about the whole controversy thing. Maybe if we understand why the film got canned we would at least have some kind of closure for not being able to see IFOTOS.

19. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Stop the insanity!

20. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    LOL@ Shawn [face_laugh]

21. Kingleonard

Kingleonard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    I have to admit that while I have only a mild interest in seeing this film, I'm finding the ongoing saga and mystery more than a little compelling. We've got this mysterious movie that only some people have seen, spoken of in glowing terms, followed by its disappearance. Then when it does make a reappearance, it's taken down for more mysterious reasons. Then we get Tumblemonster talking it down in no uncertain terms, only to find on another thread that he has a history with the project. Then we get Vidman come out with "for godsake someone come clean. Those people involved know what I am referring to...", well, it's just too intriguing a story to let go.
    Idea for a script anyone?

Hey, I know. Maybe IFOTOS doesn't exist. Maybe it's just a phantom joke among the vets to hook newbies. :p

22. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I was beginning to think that myself. I have been here for some time (longer than my registered time) and I never remember seeing this movie, but I cant believe this many people are making it up! If it would have just been available somewhere in the beginning all this would be over by now!
    Stop the insanity!!!

23. yikes

yikes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I really want to know what was so problematic about this film. Did it mock other people or something?

24. Bastion

Jun 2, 2001
    As I said, I don't think there was actually anything wrong with the film, I didn't notice anything anyway. I guess it was all behind the scenes trouble, which I missed.

Pity whatever happened happened as I remember they had plans for Iron Fist II. I guess it will be like other fanfilms and just never exist. :(

EDIT : You can find the answer here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.