main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Iron Fist

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Preachrman007, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    That movie, it turns out, is very inaccurate :p

At least according to the whiney artist ****suckers on all these articles I've seen :p

Anyway, I liked the movie. I went out and bought the book (it was like five bucks at B&N) since I'd not read it, and I figured it was about time I got round to it.

2. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    I'm really looking forward to an evening of stimulating conversation with my fellow Star Wars Buds. Saturday,I had an experience which froze my soul with terror: I watched about 30 minutes of the Nick and Jessica Variety Hour on ABC. I still find the horror difficult to articulate with mere words. IT.....WAS......BAAAAAAAD.

Peace,

Edric-the Emothionally Scarred for Life......

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    You should've known, you daft berk! :p

4. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Hello, everyone. Unfortunatly, I'm sick and will be unable to be at the meeting tonight. I have written Stackpole a PM and asked him to lead.

Have fun, and at least talk about the book a little bit.

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    That's right, due to Adam having a bad attack of sunburn peeling on his scalp, I'll be leading you people tonight.

And don't forget to bring your towels! (Today is International Towel Day in memory of Douglas Noel Adams)

6. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    ^^ With the way the weather's looking, that might not be a bad idea. :)

-=joe=-

7. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    I'd say we had a good group last night - the green sky and funnel clouds were also a cool touch. We are VERY dedicated fans!

Peace,

Edric

8. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    I enjoyed geeking out with you guys a lot :) I really think we should follow up on that "unleased" kick we got on. Not only was it good for laughs, but it produced some pretty good ideas =)

Incidentally, what is the book for next month? I want to make sure I've actually read it. :)

9. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Next month's book is X-Wing Book 3.

Thanks again to Stackpole for filling in for me. I hope you all had a good time.

10. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    Does someone have the book schedule for the next several months? Some of us need to get a head start....

Buckaroo

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I think that the next two months are X-wing books 3 and 4 (Krytos Trap and Bacta War).

12. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Hi, all. Are we meeting next Tuesday? I've been listening to the Thrawn Trilogy audio tapes, which has been cool. The first trilogy of books by Timothy Zahn still rate #1 in this fanboy's book. That, and the radio stinks. Haven't listened to it on the way to work in weeks.

Peace,

Edric

13. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Yah,
    I remember waiting for that book to come out, and then snatching it up when I was in the sixth grade at a little known comic book store next to UE. Man, waiting years between Heir and Dark Force was almost as bad as waiting years between prequals. Didn't care for the comic adaptation though. Oh and hay, you might want to check out the old WEG sourcebooks for the Trawn Trilogy if you get the chance. They went into a lot of detail about the books.

Oh, Steve: if it makes you happy I'm watching a certain t.v. show about a female captain lost in space with a cyborg Kentucky native and a guy with pointy ears. Just sharing the love buddy.

Goes back to searching for lost model kit part. Really. I can't find the darn thing.

MTFBWY
    Jammies

/Now watch this drive.

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    little known comic book store next to UE

Comic Quest :p

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks Stacky, I figured someone would remember the old store site.

Yoda "still looking for a lost x-wing engine, it might be behind the desk somewhere in the shag carpet" Jammies

MTFBWY

Below is my first lame try at a website. Some folks at another website wanted to see some pics of mine:

http://members.henderson.net/mtspri0/yodajammies

Painting Star Wars miniatures, cuz I know what the ladies like.

/goes back to looking for lost peice of plastic......

16. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    YodaJammies,

Hi. Yeh, I've got a couple of the source books. I love the Dreadnought-class and the Republic Assault Frigate.

As far as the certain show with a female captain, Season 3 comes out the day after I turn another year older!!!!!!!

I'll PM you some of my thoughts on that show as not to offend those who don't like what we are secretly talking about! :)

Peace,

Edric

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm a big fan of the Skipray Blastboat myself; would like to own one. And I don't mean a scale model this time, but the real deal. I could earn a lot of respect with three ion cannons, some turbo-lasers, cuncussion missles and duel proton torpedo tubes. A lot of respect.

Yup.

Jammies

18. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    My apologies, guys, I lost track of my weeks. Yes, next Tuesday we'll be meeting at Borders cafe. 6:30.

The book is X-Wing Book 3: The Krytos Trap. See you all there.

19. JediAtticusFinch

JediAtticusFinch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2004
    I'm afraid I can't make it until 7:30. Best Buy scheduled me till then because I forgot to ask off.

20. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Cool meeting. Preacherman007, you inspired me to get out the ol' XBOX and play a couple of games over my three day weekend. I'll probably play Jedi Starfighter and Battlestar Galactica. I prefer the shoot'im ups - I should have been a pilot......

Peace,

Edric

21. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Next Tuesday, July 27th the book club will be meeting at Borders to discuss X-Wing Book 5: The Bacta War. Hope to see you all there.

22. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Hi, all. It's been awhile. I hope to be there, but I'm meeting a new (hopefully) friend at Barnes and Noble at 530. If you don't see me, I'll be there in Jedi Spirit.

Peace,

Edric

23. JediAtticusFinch

Jun 25, 2004
    So you'll be Edric-the-blue?

24. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
  25. JediAtticusFinch

Jun 25, 2004