main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Iron Fist

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Preachrman007, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'll be there!

2. JediAtticusFinch

JediAtticusFinch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2004
    Oh, just thought I should tell Cole ... My girlfriend won't be there :p

3. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    As Nathan mentioned in the General Meeting notes, I will be attending Seminary this fall and will be gone on Tuesday evenings for awhile. However, I still greatly enjoy being involved in book club and I really don't want to give up the cool title by my name :).

So, while I will be still retaining my iron-fisted rule over book club, I will be turning to my new apprentices Darth Stackpole and Darth Steve to run things in my absence.

The book for this month is X-Wing: Wraith Squadron by Aaron Allston. This is a hilarious book and is one of my SW favorites. Darth Stackpole will be leading this month and we will be at the usual time and place: Borders Cafe next Tuesday evening at 6:30.

4. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    Ohhhh, the power. Incidently, I am no longter on vacation, so my scowl will be back on.

Edric

5. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Sounds good, and barring any "Sith rule of 2 stuff," I'm sure Doug will be a strong ally as well...

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Wraith Squadron tomorrow night internets

7. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    If I could be turned, I would be a powerful ally...

Sorry, I couldn't resist *grins*

8. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    I was looking at the new Star Wars Trilogy Cross section book and on the page with the Emperor's Throne Room on the Death Star II, I saw something interesting. In his private area they have the picture of a statue that was a gift from his long time friend Moff Pananka. Could this be the same Panaka from Episode I? Any ideas?

Edric

9. Komill

Komill Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2004
    Um...just wondering, was there even a book for us to read for the book club this month?

10. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    This month's book club which meets next Tuesday, September 28th, will be reading Iron Fist by Aaron Allston. The club meets at 6:30 at Borders.

Steve, I believe this is your month to lead, right?

11. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Yep, it sure is. I've decided that it would be best if I abandoned the real world and exist totally in my most favorite of Fantasy worlds. That being said, I'll be in full Star Wars Mode. It should be fun.

By, the way, what about my theory regarding Moff Panaka?

Oh, the October meeting I'll not be able to attend - I'm taking a six week oil painting class. And when the time changes....we'll have to wait and see. Usually, in the winter months, I make the GMs not the BCs.

MTFBWY

Edric.

PS: 1.5 days until the DVDS - wooo hoooo

PSII - I watched the making of Episode I documentary 4 times this week and still get a chuckle or two....is this wrong?

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  13. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Man Edric, you really need those new DVDs don't you!

:p

14. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!

HE HE HO HO!

GUFAW GUFAW!

Maybe they'll release a making of the making of documentary!!!!!!!!!!

Edric (laughing madly) the Grey

15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Trick please :p

*holds up "Hey Ya" single, threatens to put it on*

16. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    "Hey YA"?.......Oh, I'm waaaay over that. Counseling and tylenol pm really helped to.

Peace,

Edric

17. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    I hope everyone is looking forward to Tuesday. I've been in Hyper Geek Drive all week and decided to watch "Bring it On" (a movie about Cheerleaders starring Kirsten Dunst and the chick from Buffy TVS) just to recall happy memories of being picked on in High School because of my love of most all things Sci-Fi. I actually sketched a lot of cool aliens during the show. I thought I would bring them along and have everyone help me give them names. :)

Seriously, I'm sure we'll chat about the book, but I think that the DVD's will be the real topic of conversation.

So, is it too early to do a roll call of whose going to be there. As this is a bit of a travel for me, I just wanted to make sure that I would not be the only one there.

Peace,

Edric

18. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    I promise not to talk about or show pictures from Dragon*Con until all "official" club business has been taken care of. :)

-=j=-

19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I promise to go full on back into total geekdom for at least forty minutes :p

20. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    I will be there as well. I actually have read the book this time and will be able to meaningfully contribute to conversation about it (assuming that we actually talk about it that is) :)

21. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Joe,

Hey. I'm actually looking forward to hearing about dragon con. That, and everyone's reaction to the DVDs.

Peace,

Edric

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Due to my having suddenly become quite ill, I might be there. It depends on if I feel up to driving.

23. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Cool meeting. I'm sorry that I have to miss the next one due to my six week oil painting class.

October 26th - Jedi Trial comes out in HB. It should be a good read.

Joe: Great pictures from Dragon con. I really need to go sometime.

See ya later,

Edric

24. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Hey, guys. Next week is book club. I'm gonna leave it up to Steve, Doug, and Stackpole as to what book you guys want to do. If you want to influence their decision, post here.

25. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    I'll be there in spirit as I still have three more Tuesdays of Art class. It's pretty cool, I've learned a few techniques that have inspired me to work on an oil painting that has the Monolith and Discovery from 2001 as well as another famous starship that I am keen on. It actually is starting to look like something.

See ya in November,

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.