main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Iron Fist

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Preachrman007, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
  2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Cole, I will be the Dooku to your Sidious...

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Completists!!!

[face_devil]

Actually, I probably will not be there unfortunately. I thought Nathan was supposed to lead this month... :confused:

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Scott ... Dammit. :p

4. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Nathan refuses to read the book. If I wanted a book club leader that doesn't read, I'd have asked Cole. :)

I was hoping Steve or Doug would be willing...

5. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Okay, so who's leading it? This is going to be my first book club meeting and half of you aren't going to be there... :( j/k....I'm sure I'll get to meet you all soon enough.

~JMJ

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Hey, I've got a reason :p

7. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I would be a sorta good leader. After all, I was the one who set us up with Barnes & Noble... wait... they can't even reserve our space half the time or provide comfortable seating for everyone. :( Forget I even said anything.

Stacky, Going to college five hours away and caring about your future is a bad reason to miss an event. I'm very disapointed. :)

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    It's better than being a gay cowboy eating pudding. :D

9. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    I can help out with the leading of the discussion. I've not read the book in awhile, so I'll re-read the important parts. If someone else wants to, that's cool. Molly (my pooch) actually would like to lead. Sadly, when people get out of line, she bites their feet. I've tried to explain that this is inappropriate behavior in public, but she refuses to listen.

Oh, I made some head way on the girl that called me her "Scooby Steve" . When I was there reserving Sting's new CD, I drew a heart next to my name. Not an anatomically correct heart, mind you, but the "lovey dovey" kind.

Yes, I've come a long way since the time I used a lobster to describe my Star Wars hero!!!!!

Pals,

Edric

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    It's Scuba Steve, Shrimp Boy :p

11. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    That sounds cool, Steve. It would be much appreciated if you could help lead. Without Adam there I'm sure it will take a team effort but...I have a good feeling about this.

Alas, I'm afraid Molly will have to stay home. I shudder to think what would happen should she start to bite the feet of the E'ville Jedi Book Club, or worse yet, the "Lame poetry reading group that took our seats one week."

8-}

Later,

Scott

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Scott ... why is that worse? ?[face_plain]

13. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Ok. It's settled. "Scooby Steve" is in charge. (Lord help us all...) :)

Thanks Steve.

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    But wait, does he get to bring Molly? :p

15. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Only if I can bring a pig! :)

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I'll bring a cardinal. A rabid cardinal.

Or an American football player. Rabid animal = American athletes

:p

17. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Does Ball State have many football players?

I'm missing the Reitz football game tonight because my girlfriend ain't well and I'm not stupid enough to drive to Jeffersonville alone. I feel like I am not a real west sider any more. I guess I'll just go drink a Ski. :)

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm sure they do have football players ... because they do have a football team ...

yeah.

19. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    I accept this burden with muy muy humility.

Scuba Steve? I thought it was Scooby Steve. But then, I have no clue what she was talking about.

Does the poetry group have cute chicks? Maybe I could act as the Ambassador and invite them to join us.

Later,

Scuba Scooby Steve

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I think they were mostly a bunch of 23 year old male Haiku-writing mother******s :p

21. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Oh. I guess my ambassadorial efforts would be fruitless.

Anyway, I've been working on my notes for Tuesday. I decided to compare some of it to Sun Tzu's The Art of War. In fact, the opening of the book with the quote from the 54th emperor of Atrisia or whatever is what gave me this idea.

Also, Sun Tzu reminds me of Chinease food which reminds me of Crab Ragoon. I really could go for some good, crispy Crab Ragoon.

Peace,

22. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Cole, yeah, Ski(or Double)=West Side Juice. Drink some & feel more like a West Sider!

23. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    I have to admit that I am torn between book club and TTT, but if there are no crises at work I'll be there.

I really want to hear Edric's assessment of the "why we're visiting Mon Cal but there is no mention of Ackbar"....

24. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Everyone have fun tonight and remember, don't get us banned from B&N. Everyone listen to Scooby Steve. Nathan, if anyone doesn't...thump 'em.

25. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey. Just wanted to say "great job" to Agent Sith and Edric-the-grey for leading the discussion. Edric "It's a Trap" the Grey had a great thesis and Agent "I am the alpha to your omega" Sith kept us on track during several "off topic" trips. I thought it was a good meeting (just over 1 1/2 hrs and still going strong) even with some of the normal "What's up with THAT????" and "OH, I always thought it was pronounced like this...." comments.

It was nice to meet JediMasterJaina (whose in depth knowledge of each book was both astounding and frightening) and John Paul (who was the Star Wars Galaxies expert). Hope we didn't scare them off. Good luck with classes....

Anyway, someone else can share other notes from the meeting.... I've got TTT playing on the 54" screen AND a Diet Mountain Dew Code Red calling my name.... Life is good.

Buckaroo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.