main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Iron Man 2 - Anyone up for seeing it Saturday, May 8?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Tickets are already on sale, so I'm not sure if it'll be sold out for the most popular viewings or not.

Movie times are:

Cordova -

2:50, 3:30, 4:10,5:40,6:30 and 7:10.

Paradiso -

2:50, 3:30,4:10, 4:30, 5:40,6:30, 7:00 and 7:10.

I'd rather go to an earlier showing so that Mike can go, maybe a 2:50 or 3:30. I think the latest he can do is 5:40, so if we can stick in that time frame, we'd really appreciate it. Lunch or dinner as well?

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Saturday afternoon sounds cool to me, Rhonda. I'll check with Traci and see what she thinks.

3. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Beat me to it, Rhonda. Lin and I are in.

4. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    What my social director said. ;)

5. Darth_RobDog

Darth_RobDog Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    Kelly, my sister, & I might tag along, depending on Kelly is avaliable, & if she still has a job after tomorrow.

6. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Uh-oh...that doesn't sound good.

The job thing- not the tagging along.

7. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    So, what time are we shooting for tomorrow?

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    How about we shoot for the 3:30 at Cordova and do dinner somewhere, or people can come to our place?

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm hearing we need to stay after the credits! I know what it is, but won't spoil it. :D I'm hearing good things about this IM, too.

10. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    3:30 works for us.

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Works for us! Do we need to get tickets in advance?

12. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I would go on and try to order them, just in case.

13. jtmh1989

jtmh1989 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2010
    I'll be at a friends graduation in the morning with reception to follow, but if you all are going at around 3:30 or so I might be able to make it!

If anyone could call or text me tomorrow and let me know what the definite plans are for the movie or afterwords I would appreciate it! I can be reached at 491-4609! Hope to see you all tomorrow!

-Tyler

14. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Mike and I got tickets for the 3:30 showing. If we want to head to my place afterwards, let me know. Or we can go somewhere like close to eat. O'Charley's and Chili's are right there, but for the WW crew it might be better to hit our place. I'll just need to pick up some appetizery things and sodas.

15. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Our tickets have been ordered, and we'll see y'all there. :D

16. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Got our tickets, too. See y'all there and we're cool with whatever afterwards.

17. jtmh1989

jtmh1989 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2010
    SO! Now that everyone has had a couple days to think about it, what did you guys think about Iron Man 2?

I liked it a lot, don't know if I liked it better than the first though (Haven't seen the first since opening day). I wish the fight between Iron Man and Warmachine VS Whiplash could have had more substance. The fight had a lot of potential and Ivan Vanko just didn't put up enough of a real fight, infact he went down pretty easy both times. The actors played their roles well, except I think ScarJo has watched too many other actresses performances in similar roles and copied their behavior. Unfortunately like I said before there was to many poses she did when attacking, and the wush noise just drives me insane! I would have liked to have learned more about Howard Stark's involvement with the Avengers but I'm sure that's for later. All in all I think it was great, and my complaints are minor!

Also something I learned today, I cant remember who but someone said something about the Mandarin needs to be the next villain. If you watch the first film the terrorist camp that Tony goes to the flags that are flying supposedly have the symbol of the ten rings organization on them. Also when Ivan is in Russia and the Asian man gives him the envelope with passport etc... in the credits this man was listed as Ten Rings henchman(or Ten Rings something). So he could be a possible villain the Avengers or IM3. Also when talking to a friend of mine today he told me that when Stark and Furry are talking in the end about the Avengers Initiative, that there are two hologram screens that are showing the cleanup of a disaster site. According to him the cleanup was not from the Stark Expo, but instead the cleanup of Berkly College from the Hulk! As we know about the scene at the end of the Hulk I think its safe to say Edward Norton or not the Hulk will be in the Avengers movie.(Norton is such a badass though I hope he comes back!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.