main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Iron Man Movies

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Compared to that laughable atrocity of comic-book character-design gone hideously awry, on second look the Rourke version looks kinda cool.

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I really don't mind the look. Its rudimentary and seemingly incomplete, but I like the crude nature of it. Why the character has a whip fetish I don't know, hopefully he is close with Black Widow but I doubt that scene will be in the movie...regardless I don't really have an issue with it. And I get the feeling it may be an evolving thing if the character is there for more than just a scene or two.

3. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Just show me Scarlett as the Black Widow and i'll be a happy man.

4. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Ask and ye shall receive...sort of. HERE. I am sure the hi-res versions will be out quite soon.

5. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    =P~

6. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Much better quality pictures are up now and can be seen here.

I'm liking the casting for Black Widow more and more.

7. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I am going to reserve judgement until I see her performance.

8. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    I fully admit I'm biased a bit seeing as Scarlett Johannson ranks pretty high on my list. Bias aside, I think she's got the acting chops to pull of the role. Also, its important to realize that she's not the star, she's in a supporting actress role so the focus of the film isn't completely on her.

9. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    So I did a little digging around and there was another picture that didn't spread nearly as quickly compared to the others from Entertainment Weekly. It seems to hint at the possibility of another person using Iron Man armor. I didn't want to link the picture as it could be a spoiler assuming it's true.

The picture and a little bit of analysis is here. Looks like they might be taking the same route as the current arc of Iron Man comics and I like it. I don't know how well it will transition to the big screen or if it will fly with audiences.

10. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    I'm aware but I expect no less from the supporting cast than I do from the lead. Otherwise they become simple cardboard cutouts swapping lines. I have no doubt that she is a great actress...I admittedly have limited exposure to her and she has never stood out, and I would very much like to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she will do well. But I also want to see the character faithfully adapted and despite some excellent actors in the past I can recall any number of iconic comic characters who simply fell flat. Either way I am simply stating that I don't want to get too excited about this until I see her perform. Wearing hot leather duds is one thing, pulling off one of the sexiest most dangerous characters in the Avengers roster?? Thats something else entirely. ;)

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That's quite intriguing- I didn't think they'd include Rescue till at least Iron Man 3.

12. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    The Gwyneth Paltrow picture posted late last week was from an old issue of Vogue magazine it turns out. This means it has absolutely no bearing on Iron Man 2. It does turn out that the picture is definitely something artistic done to tease fanboys back when it was taken. So it looks like there will be no Rescue in Iron Man 2.

[image=http://nerdsoftheroundtable.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/potts-armor.jpg]

13. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Another picture of Scarlett Jo-jo in Iron Man 2 can be found HERE

14. -polymath-

Jun 7, 2007
    Better quality pics and more of them HERE

15. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    =P~

16. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    At the San Diego Comic Con there is a booth for Iron Man 2 featuring the Hall of Armor. Pretty good shot of the new Mark IV armors have hit the web and one can be found here.

Thoughts on armor are highlight to read just in case. The Mark III and Mark IV look very similar. Seems like it was just a new build to make it a bit more streamlined and change the red color a bit. Looks like they might be steering away from Tony having a bunch of gimmick armors in the movies.

17. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Super Hero Hype has the SDCC panel highlights. It can be found here.

I want to see the footage they showed ASAP. I want to lay eyes on War Machine right frakking now. After reading the panel information I can say I am even more excited about Iron Man 2 and I didn't even think that was possible.

EDIT: Markup code and grammar, nothing big kiddies.

18. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Sorry to double post, but a new picture of Whiplash from the SDCC footage has surfaced. Its got the whips crackling with energy and everything. That being said, the screen capture is not of the best quality.

EDIT: The page is updated with other images including one of War Machine. All the pictures are available here and the War Machine picture is last if you want to avoid seeing it.

19. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
  20. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    I really hope that the War Machine Armor isn't one of those quickly abandoned super-armour concepts, and that we get a little more time with the concept/character.

21. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Agreed. there's a lot of potential for War Machin in this movie. I especially want to see the confrontation between Stark and Rhodes that comes up when Rhodey starts wearing it. The SDCC seems to hint that Stark doesn't build/modify the War Machine armor so that could be an interesting dynamic.

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    That makes it sound like War Machine could be the Zune to Iron Man's iPod.

23. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    There have been several reports of Edward Norton being on the set of Iron Man 2 when it was in its last few days of principal photography. I wonder if this means Banner has a cameo like SLJ as Fury did or if we get the Hulk in this movie? :D

24. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Its been rumored that both Hulk and Banner will have a brief cameo. Its an internet rumor so take that worth a grain of salt though.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So the comiccon footage has leaked online as a bootleg- having seen it, all I can say is- War Machine: holy crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.